Transformers

Last time on gay space aliens generals:
>TAAO is cancelled
>Jazz gets his interview
>Megatron literally gets away with it all

What do you guys think of Barricade's new face?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Og4HapYrxXk
youtube.com/watch?v=ctembQrH_0k
youtube.com/watch?v=DfOEVIwM6Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=nCe4zJ_bxY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How has he fucking survived since the first movie? I always thought the only Decepticons to that survived Mission City were Starscream and Scorponok.

d-does he have brace knuckles?

And elbow knuckles

Barricade literally disappeared before Bonecrusher fought Optimus, then reappeared in DOTM with Soundwave and Shockwave before he got crippled and captured by the humans.

stupid sexy barricade

He fucked the police and now he's gonna fuck you.

Hound promo

youtube.com/watch?v=Og4HapYrxXk

The parallels between Spikes betrayal of Prowl and Jazz betrayal by the reporters are neat. Wonder how he'll handle it?

Also, what do you guys think will be the fate of the protoforms developing in Trypticon? My bets are there's going to be a new colony.

fuck did I miss a new comic? Which title was it?

>the fate of the protoforms developing in Trypticon

what

Transformers Salvation.
It was surprisingly good and Sandstorm is now apparently the transformers equivalent of the Punisher.

I really don't like how weak the Transformers are in these movies. They're routinely getting fucked by the military

Who the fuck goes to these movies to see the military beat up the main fucking attraction

Whenever I go thinking that overdesigned characters is a Japanese-only problem I remember the Transformers movies

>Who the fuck goes to these movies to see the military beat up the main fucking attractio

Micheal Bay and his constant hardon for them.

>The sequel to the BarricadexDinobots oneshot

need to find that storytime thread

I need a webm of that barricade arm transformation. Shit was slick

Barricade in motion

It just doesn't make any sense. We see this kind of shit in so many blockbuster movies. Why do something different.

It was storytimed along with First Strike and OP so ctrl+f First strike in the archive if its still there.

That explains why I missed it. Thanks.

Same here. I didn't see a transformers thread so completely missed it, way to go idw.

Looks alot better in motion than the toy suggests.

Awwright a name drop

Most vocal Michael Bay hater and alleged autist, Doug Walker, has some hot takes on the new Transformers film
youtube.com/watch?v=ctembQrH_0k

The marketing for this new transformers movie is like really weak and lazy

>bring new transformers
>transformers

Is that a slip-up? They don't call themselves Transformers.

Hahaha no. This shit's got more marketing than AoE and it's a lot more than DOTM. I mean this probably the first time they've had more than three "robots behind the scenes" promos, the first time they released motion posters and the fact that they did a shitton of live streams during production makes it possibly the most marketed TF movie since TF1.

And yet Doug still saw the first three films.

I guarantee he's gonna go back on his word and watch it because why the fuck wouldn't he?

Slip up likely. It's one of the few errors I've seen in the years of IDW's run but it's not too common.

What? The marketing for this movie has been insane. it's literally everywhere right now

It seems like they've FINALLY learned that people see these movies primarily for the robots, the Cybertronians themselves have been getting actual pushes as characters, which seems new to me.

About damn time.

Must be the new writers.

Speaking of which, they just released this two weeks ago

Hollywood plays nice with the military because they can then use a lot of cool decommissioned shit for basically free. That opening scene in the first Transformers film was on a military tech graveyard, operation base included. Everything you see there was already there just dolled up for filming. It's also how Bay stays so "low budget" with his films, that opening scene in TF1 should have been a million dollar costing project but since it was a military tax write off it cost "around 5k not counting the cgi" other filmmakers have done the same because the toys they will let you play around with for so little the cost is well worth the Merica saves the day shit.

>>Jazz gets his interview

I want to state for the record I knew it would end badly, it was too obvious.

That being said, I'm a little confused at the progression of the plot. Was the whole thing just a setup for G.I. Joe to capture/kill Jazz because of the vigilante cop he killed trying to save Bumblebee, or did G.I. Joe just take advantage of fact the interviews were grilling Jazz for things they knew nothing about?

I fucking hate the fact Transformers has to share their comic with G.I. Joe an a bunch of other properties I've never heard of past obscure mentions.

>First scene in first movie
One decepticon easily destroys an entire military base and kills everyone except a handful of guys
>Third movie
Decepticons are dropping left and right from small arms fire

Yeah, this movie has definitely broadened the scope and ambition of the franchise. You can see the new direction pretty clearly just from the trailers.

Aren't we actually going to finally have Bumblebee talk, too? I thought I heard they were ready to ditch the radio gimmick.

If the money was untouched, how the fuck was it a robbery? Sounds like he just killed people in a bank

Actually they die from explosives while the rifle fire just acted as pepper spray to the guys before they use the missiles and rocket launchers.

>Aren't we actually going to finally have Bumblebee talk, too? I thought I heard they were ready to ditch the radio gimmick.

He regained his voice at the end of the first movie (and it was an awful voice) then for unexplained reasons he's back to radio talk in ROTF.

>literally Long Haul

Yeah he gets his voice back apparently but it sounds different from the first film

>Third movie
Deceptions take over a damn city killing thousands and keeping the world military at bay.

Also

He already talked in one of the tv spots.

youtube.com/watch?v=DfOEVIwM6Pk

Anyone else seeing it in Imax Tuesday?

Fuck Josh is getting old

It's not worth the effort of an Imax trip. I'll see it in a normal theater.

The real question is will Bee get fucked and get his Gold Bug form?

Yeah I'm still getting vietnam flashbacks over Imax AoE. Even with the John Wick cinematographer I'll play it safe and watch it normal.

I wonder if he broke through a wall to escape that.

Optimus vs a chair promo

youtube.com/watch?v=nCe4zJ_bxY0

This is an over exagerated complaint.

Humans provide backup but 90% of the time its the autobots who deliver the killong blows

Humanity is usualy treated as the thing that tips the balance in the 6million year war in the movies there just far more literal

That was so retarded that it made me laugh

Long trip? My local imax is a 10 minute drive away, the other is 15.

Optimus Prime time at 7 next week.

This. This so much. I give zero shits about these other properties and wish they would quit jamming them in to keep them alive, they're leeches.

G.I Joe, Jem, Transformers, and Inhumanoids were all connected universes, and ALMOST My Little Pony as well

They're actually putting some effort into weapon design again

There's a tiny part of me that wants to see a modern Transformers/MLP crossover just for the insanity of it all. Go fucking nuts.

It does look interesting at least.

Please no. Although I bet they'll have at least a novelty comic of the two for that new HasbroCon.

It kinda already happened

If Ramirez was in TF2007 and GI Joe 1 this shit would probably happen with Jems and TMNT

I'm not even sure if this is a parody or meant to be taken seriously.

Why aren't there any gay Transformers?

It isn't gay to love yourself.

scioli's a mad genius

Starscream, Ratchet, Knockout

>Transformers
>Trans formers
>Trans females
>Trans

They're all gay lesbians!

Why is that cute? It shouldn't be cute.

It's only logical

Knock Out has a male conjux

Now that's what I call an acid trip

for out of context threads.

i'm still fucking confused by the "chromia saving windblade" bit there

My guy

Part of Doug's "character" is pandering to popular consensus

....He looks like Christian Bale Batman??

if he lifted, sure.

>tfw Jazz once again gets shat upon to drive home the "humans, even the 'good' ones, don't see cybertronians as people" fact
>tfw he thought humans were finally giving him a new lease on life on earth
>tfw he left Maccadam's for this

Still don't get why he gets shat upon for murdering one human. Just one!

Also when did the news break out on earth that Megatron became Autobot?

Prowl told Spike, Spike probably told everyone else.

>Voice actor dies after the original movie is finished
>G1 toy mold is ruined
>Can't get an Masterpiece toy because Porsche refuses to let Hasbro/Takara use their car designs for a "war toy"
>Gets killed in the first Bay movie
>Gets his starring role in Animated season 4 cancelled
>Gets turned into IDW's eternal punching bag

Being Jazz is suffering.

All Shockwaves are cute under every circumstance

>was only in one episode of RID2015

with that design, it was probably for the best

You'd think IDW would've used Rodimus as an eternal punching bag.

Well they let Roberts use him, which isn't really much of a difference.

Difference is he's a snarky leader instead of "he's constantly suffering from his past actions"

>tfw you love Rodimus and Jazz and wish neither got shat upon in universe.

can we shit on Huffer, Gears or Brawn instead. did anyone actually like those guys?

As a fellow negative nancy, I've always been partial to Gears and Huffer.

I liked Pipes...wait.
I liked Trailcutter...wait.
I like Brawn...fuck, hope he doesn't show up now.

Good thing I'm not asking.

Michael Bay ruined TF for me
I can't enjoy LA TF anymore