Invincible Iron Man #8 Preview

Retarded Riri edition

I hate these trendy, in your face, vaguely ghetto minority characters that always try to shit on the legacies of the REAL heroes that their riding the coattails on, all the while not doing anything notable on their own.

Hot Mary Jane variant cover by Marco Checchetto

I don't get these covers of having heroes being surrounded by crowds like celebrities. Or rather, I don't know why Marvel keeps doing them, especially on the new characters (and Carol) Like, is there a proven study that if you pretend a character is popular, then it is or becomes one? I just don't know man.

You should have typed
>Riritarded

This is just... painful to read. Please make it stop...

those fuggin' LIPSSSSS

Bendis doesn't have the balls to make her an alcoholic slut

The thing that bothers me the most from looking at images of her is they didn't even let her somewhat unique power armour design.

It got tossed aside for a generic Iron-(wo)man suit that is even less original than the Rescue Armour that Pepper has.

When she was building a new suit they should have kept it big but just make it more advanced with the technology now available to her.

holy shit. just like an sjw, creating conflict where there is none. is this a parody?

Shilling a character or individual like that isn't new in life, telling the people "what they want" in the hope they will believe it. Sometimes its just more blatantly obvious.

What if Mary Jane had all the powers from the series of variant covers AT THE SAME TIME?

give MJ a Nova helmet because why not
there is literately no good reason Marvel isn't doing this already

Why would she carry that picture around with her?

Renegotiate that bargain with Mephisto. And by renegotiate I mean beat to a bloody pulp on an existential level until the asshole begs to put things back like they were, free of charge, no taking anything back.

damn this is horrible, just fucking stop already
didn't think I'd live to see /aco/'s Pit edit threads make it to a Marvel cover

I don't understand what the point of this sequence is

riri is cute so I will read this

AU with Nova Corps MJ and Captain Universe Spider-Man as a cosmic power couple.

She's always prepared to tell off her dipshit teachers.

incorporate it in the 616, because really why not

Should have wasted three pages on that joke. I laughed but still.

I thought op was joking, but she does honestly come across as retarded.

Is it just me or does that looks like teenage Riri's face on a tiny body? It doesn't feel young enough.

she slid out the womb with a mouth built for cock sucking
she wasted her life on science

Hell yes, I would read it.

Either its
>sjw and minorities have such a hard time to prove themself
Or
>sjw overreact and see problems which are non existant.

But i guess its just an excuse why riri is a oppressed minority in a world where oppression isnt like back than plus "minorities had to endure since the start such oppression, now apologize!," to give her a reason why she wanted to be iron man

Relaunch Nova make it a Nova corps type of comic and have MJ with the other Novas (not the shitty Duggan GotG Novas) in it.

How is Tony Stark facial hair weird? it's a pretty standard look.

I'll just be that guy in every Bendis thread that points out how many times he convinces an artist to reuse/copypaste panels. Here he does it FIVE fucking times.

>vaguely ghetto

????

Actually that is a pretty weird thing.

Like I can understand Rhodey wearing Tony's armor when he was filling in, because he wouldn't be able to make the armor himself.

But they established that Riri's as good (or better than Tony) and they just give her armor that looks like the female version of the ANAD armor, which itself was one of the not-so-great armor designs that Iron Man's had.

You're reading too much into it. Its just a subversion of the "They said I couldn't do X so I'm gonna do X" trope and managed to throw Iron Man in there.

>But they established that Riri's as good (or better than Tony)

Goddamn fucking ass bullshit. I hate this "lel, look at my OC, which is half the original's age and like, better in every way!11elevenone1!".

rekt

It's a pretty simple marketing tactic. Similar to Whor replacing Thor, or Laura replacing Wolverine. If they simply look like a female version of their male counterparts, then they accomplish two things: 1. Brand recognition. They can keep pulling in readers by virtue of a familiar looking product. And 2. They have the opportunity to show how progressive they are.

Its a valid criticism of a trend thats killing comics in both artistic value and actual sales
The way they act is so informal and idioctic it can only be described as ghetto

Tony Stark's "mom"

"Ah, so let me get this straight. So you got pregnant by this guy who saved your life from some HYDRA agents... but then you discovered he was a double agent who wanted to get out of the secret agency world, so you murdered him and then, when you gave birth to me, you never even wanted to see me? You never even asked how I was doing.
Why did I think this would work out? God is an asshole."
"Not God, dear. Bendis."

Oh, that's right. Blame it all on the school teacher.

Burn in Hell, Bendis.

It is to show us that nothing matters and life is just a series of cruel jokes played upon we helpless mortals by jaded and desperate gods.

>one of the not-so-great armor designs

The idea was that it had all the abilities of all the armors he has ever had. That seems like a pretty good design to me.

Blame what on the teacher? She was literally just playing along.

Its like the writer is on the cusp of becoming self aware.

Blame Riri succeeding Iron Man on the teacher.

It's difficult to believe the fat turd isn't just fucking with us.

>Blame Riri succeeding Iron Man on the teacher.
What?

i meant the comic, not the post that some user turned into a thread. i included that by accident.

She won me when that bitch from SHIELD was told.

>>In this issue, Bendis just watched Hidden Figures.

Which is ironic because every time a character disagrees with the hero in a Bendis book, they tend to be made up a big villain.

Oh just fuck off will you. You've just made a thread about this.

What the fuck? Nothing about this entire thing made any sense

"I'm gonna be a scientist"
"Okay"
"No, you're supposed to not agree with me"
"I don't care"
"Why aren't you caring? Disagree with me!"

Was this supposed to be empowering? Also, how retarded is that going to sound in her backstory? "As a young female black American child, Riri Williams wanted to be a scientist. And she was told....she could be whatever she wanted, nobody cared but she forced the teacher to give her some kind of conflict so she said she couldn't live up to Tony Stark just to get her off her back

IRONHEART IS BORN"

Bendis has gotten complacent and lazy, but he isn't outright stupid, and he's self-aware enough to know that some readers consider Riri nothing more than race pandering. He's poking fun at that.

At the same time, however, he ALSO gets brownie points for inspiring black children and paying respect to blacks that overcame boundaries in the past.

It's very clever, really.

It's supposed to be a Lisa Simpson sort of gag. Like the whole Lisa wants to join the Football team because she's a girl, but they already have a girl, so she complains about the pig skin football, which turns out to not be made out of pig skin, so she starts crying and runs off.

I feel like Bendis might be trying to give her character some depth by setting her up as extremely confrontational and needing a conflict to keep her motivated.

But Bendis is too lazy to maintain characterization so it's probably not going to go anywhere.

as bland as she is her dick sucking lips are nice

But it's not equivalent as a gag. The Simpsons gag works because it leads to proving Lisa is being absurd and is proven wrong and we get to laugh at her taking things too seriously. Here, the gag doesn't work because the teacher gives in anyway and then it's supposed to somehow actually be inspiring.

If it was supposed to be that kind of gag, what would work is if after the teacher says you can be whatever you want, she just sits down pouting something like "how come I don't get an inspiring backstory like other heroes." That would work and be kind of funny

So many stereotypes....
The women who wants to be repressed so badly, so sh can "rebel" against that one person, because thats the only "fights" a dumb vagina could win

That black person who wants to be like that one other black person, because black people dont have archived anything great besides that.

Im so sick of this.

This doesnt make any sense. How can this girl be this smart in future, if her autism strikes so hard?

Thats what in my last sentence written. user you have to read my whole post, please.

kek. She is so autistic

Well, I thought this sequence was pretty funny, so kudos Bendis. It'll be the only praise you get out of me anytime soon.

>Well, I thought this sequence was pretty funny
How is it funny? Where's the joke? The entire situation makes no sense. It would have been funny if it played out like said but it just comes off as completely ridiculous

Well someone sounds shitter shattered.

Hi Bendis.

Every black person is automatically ghetto to that Sup Forumstard
He even made a thread.

>kek
We need more people like you

I'm autistic and I don't even care. Fukken saved.

Awful. Why do I keep clicking these?

Is she not canon autistic?