What are your favourite Z-List batman villains Sup Forums?

And why are 70's and 80's superhero comics so much more fun to read then 90% of modern ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/batman-second-chances-writer-recalls-editorial-clashes-reaction-to-robins-death/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone remember that shape-shifting ugly as fuck cannibal?

Cornelius Stirk? If him, he wasn't a shape shifter, he basically produced something in his body that would terrify his victims.

cornelius stirk, had a similar power to scarecrow, just better used.

He was in red Hood a few weeks ago.

Not necessarily terrify - what set him apart from the Scarecrow was Stirk could manipulate his victims' perceptions to look like whatever they most wanted to see. Appearing as Jesus to a nun, as Elvis to a homeless man, etc. I do wish he and Abattoir would make more appearances, they were both more interesting early 90s edgy serial killers than Zsasz.

And yes I know Abattoir is dead, but his ghost came back possessing Azrael's Batsuit. That's fucking brilliant. I want Batman to fight Robot Ghost Dracula again, if only for a Halloween special or something.

>And why are 70's and 80's superhero comics so much more fun to read then 90% of modern ones?
The Bronze Age was a pretty great time for comics in general. The loosening of the CCA and conventions exposing professionals to foreign comics meant that tons of artists suddenly were willing to work with the big two, and with influences they simply didn't have before. I think the Hollywood renaissance of the 70s probably had something to do with it too - you can see the influence of Easy Rider on Hard Travellin' Heroes, f'rinstance.

Because comic books peaked in the 1980s.

It's a shame that everyone at DC seemed to want to stymie Collins' style because it was lighter than his contemporaries, and the Mime was the last straw.
cbr.com/batman-second-chances-writer-recalls-editorial-clashes-reaction-to-robins-death/

>In fact, it was something Cockrum did that made me call Denny and quit. I created a character called the Mime, who was something of a dry run for Harley Quinn, and there was a bit about a police line-up where a bunch of mimes were called in so the guilty mime could be picked out. The gag was that all the mimes looked identical — my script spelled it out. Cockrum drew a bunch of different-looking mimes — fat, tall, short, skinny. I called Denny and quit.

wow, thats actually a solid and informative answer, cheers dude

Z-list? Gregory Bota, one-off collector of crime photographhy obsessed with adding Batman & Robin's deaths to his collection, and using his photos as blackmail to take over Gotham's underworld.

Sup Forums is actually great, hope he shows up again soon
wow, way to miss the mark entirely

I'd love to see more of Stiletto, a one-shot villain from a Milligan/Aparo issue (which came out shortly after the Abattoir stories). A hitman with supernatural charm.

And yes, Cornelius Stirk is awesome. And I think a lot more could have been done with Henri Ducard.

now this is Z-List, what a fun concept for a villain.

I raise Duc Dorterre, French sadist that steals faces

The guy from Fifty-Two that ended up shapeshifting as Green arrow and trying to kill black canary on her wedding night but ended up killed by her?

Flamingo is Z Lister, right?
I mean has used him since his introduction besides being one punched defeated enemy montages.
And really a human face eating hitman from Europe who dresses in the flashiest way possible is not that great of a character to belong anywhere but the Zs.

Ducard's in the batman/shadow crossover atm

Is Jane Doe a Z lister?

i wouldn't say so, he was in Gotham (more in name only mind) and was nearly in the Lego Batman Movie, but then due to that i wouldn't call Mime Z-List either.

Aw yeah, I was just re-reading this the other day. Still manages to stick out as one of the weirdest Golden Age stories, while being genuinely creepy. I'm surprised Morrison didn't bring him back since he ticks off all the boxes:
>European, so he can fit into the whole international aspect
>Sadistic af, MO is unique form of body horror
>Dapper af
>Obscure af callback to a Golden Age story

LORD
DEATH
MAN

Shame about how he went out.

You either learn to draw or take what you get as a gimp.

Have you read the monk two parter? one of my favourites, the Painter of Death story is quite good as well.

Yeah, I actually like that story and the Monster Men one better in their original forms than the Dark Moon Rising adaptations by Matt Wagner. Seems a waste to have Batman fight literal monsters and not exploit the loophole in his no-killing code.

I don't think I've read The Painter of Death before, but it looks intriguing.

has some great colour usage, especially the last few pages.

Golden Age Batman was a whole lot better when it did horror theme stuff more then the mobsters shit (not to say that cant be fun as well)

The Malevolent Maniaxe, who show up for an arc in the middle of Knightquest and act like the Three Stooges.

these dapper dudes

Condiment King, obviously.

Killer Moth only as Charaxes

> We will never have a serious toned 90s Batman film with Stan Winston doing a practical effects Charaxes suit...
This timeline is lame man...

Matatoa. He had a pretty good gimmick and motivation, and it was a good way to include a magic-based enemy while still being relatively grounded enough to be a Batman villain.

Kadaver

White Rabbit

I really like Onomatopoeia if only for how well he manages to make a stupid gimmick actually seem interesting/menacing at times.

Why has he never been brought into other continuities? Such a nice design

I think Billy Numerous beat him to the punch.

>And why are 70's and 80's superhero comics so much more fun to read then 90% of modern ones?
Because you already know what the good ones will be before you start.

polkadot

It wouldn't be that hard to use them as minor characters in the Gotham show.

>z-list

They were in Nu52 for a story i thought or maybe i just remembered they got story timed while i was reading nu52 shit

Mime is pretty cute.
This is also a pretty funny joke.