What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

tijuanabibles.org/bibles/TB081/
animatedviews.com/2013/mike-disa-and-the-seven-dwarfs-how-the-snow-white-prequel-became-a-dopey-movie/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he's named grumpy

Jews

That tumblr nose though

he needed some dick

when they all cry over the dead Snow White and he just completely breaks down, that's rough man

Well... the guy who's supposed to be in charge of their ensemble is a bit of a bumbler if well-meaning, and until Snow White arrived they did nothing but work in a fucking mine all day everyday for the 'fun' of it. No really. They leave the lock to their vault on a hook next to the door so the daily-act is *just* to stockpile their gems without any set up or preparation for trade or bartering. Well whatever. You guys be you, but if Grumpy is *actually named* Grumpy then maybe he's the one who's somewhat self-aware over how inane/pointless it all is.

But then everything changes when Snow White arrives and while he legitimately comes to care about the innocent 14 year old-- who's caregiver has tried to fucking *murder* her over a magic mirror who for some reason says an underaged child is more attractive than a mature woman.-- he seems to be the only one who realizes "Uh guys, a MONARCH wants this kid dead and we're just going to tell her to lock the door to the house?" is probably not the best of plans but he's out-voted to do otherwise.

He was also the one to galvanize the other dwarves into forming a queen-murdering mob when Snow was in trouble, so while I figure the short answer is "It's a children's cartoon and he's just the grumpy character" the in story reason is he's the only one who actually comes close to realizing the severity of the situation and gets pissed that he alone has to bother with coming up with solutions. Doc's no help, Sleepy is too fucking lazy, and the rest just ran around like headless chickens after they thought things were going south.

yeah that could be it

all hail king grumpy of the crystal mines?

He knew his fame wouldn't last.

Remember House of Mouse? Where they're all in a night club watching Mickey?

Must feel bad being retired for decades and seeing this little fucker still get job after job.

tfw my life.

>he seems to be the only one who realizes "Uh guys, a MONARCH wants this kid dead and we're just going to tell her to lock the door to the house?" is probably not the best of plans but he's out-voted to do otherwise.

Reminder that he's also the only one of the dwarves to specifically stop and frankly tell Snow White "Now don't let anybody in the house. Anyone that comes by is probably going to be an assassin trying to kill you and i don't want to deal with that shit. Don't trust anybody." And it turns out he's fucking right. Grumpy may have been a cynic, but he was also probably the most practical and brightest of the dwarves.

And even though he says some pretty misogynistic things about "wimminly wiles," he's really got a point there too. Snow White might deserve to stay with the Dwarves because of her hard work and kindness, but aside from that she kind of elbows her way into their lives mostly from just being cute and feminine. And Grumpy is right to immediately distrust that. Feminine seduction and manipulation is probably how the Queen came to marry the King and rise to power in the first place, and Grumpy seems to be the only character to maybe have learned from that.

I dunno if it's right to apply the "wimminly wiles" card on Snow White, as, again she is basically an older child more than a young adult, and her only means entail house work and cooking which, ironically we have the Evil Queen to thank for that.

I don't want to ask "what else could she have offered?" to them besides those talents, because someone will invariably say something related to sex, but really, her choices were limited to "fall upon the mercy of whoever lives in this house" (keep in mind, she thought from the size of the beds that the dwarves were originally children) or "keep running until I'm out of the forest, alone, starving and exhausted with no shelter or bearings whatsoever."

Also, blame the animals for delivering her to the dwarves in the first place, or rather, congratulate them as their judgement of character probably saved her ass.

He's about three feet tall, has a big honking nose, and is wearing a used brown condom on his head. The question should be what isn't his fucking problem

An unknown person had walked right into their house and messed with their belongings without permission. Also, Grumpy and the others were aware that the queen was evil and tampering with witchcraft, so taking in someone who was hunted by said queen would mean trouble for the dwarves. And turns out Grumpy was completely right about his suspicions, too.

A lot of his arguments were about Snow White wooing the other dwarves and making them incapable to think about the situation rationally. Even if he was rude about it and sounded like someone from /r9k/, he was still kinda correct. I don't imagine the other dwarves would've given Snow White quite that much slack if she hadn't been a pretty young girl who was able to make them lovestruck.

Still, after Grumpy eventually warms up to Snow White, he becomes maybe the most protective of her. He warns her not to let strangers in, he takes charge when the dwarves learn that the queen's found Snow White, and he looks very broken after they all think she's dead.

He had the most sense about dealing with the situation throughout the movie, it was everyone else who fucked up.

>They leave the lock to their vault on a hook next to the door so the daily-act is *just* to stockpile their gems without any set up or preparation for trade or bartering.

I imagine they think nobody knows that they are up there, they seems very surprised when Snow White showed up.
As for there gems, they probably take it all down at once at the end of the season, it's not fun wintering in the mountains.

Yeah... Admittedly Snow White can't be held accountable for wrong doing because of her shit-step mom and all, but Grumpy still wasn't in the wrong for being upset about getting involved either.

He made the right choice to accept and protect Snow White, but nobody was really at fault her aside from the evil bitch who listens to a mirror insisting a *14 year old* is prettier than she is.

While that is a more practical reason since nobody else seems to be aware of the dwarves apart from the omniscient mirror, don't the song lyrics they sing imply that they have no purpose to mine except for the sake of mining?

That Tumblr thorin is disgusting

Oh yeah, I don't think that Snow was deliberately plotting to wile the dwarves. Just saying that Grumpy was justified in suspecting her.

It is a cartoon, user
But so as not to be a complete faggot, I would say that its just a work/marching song that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

No, no. It was the silly song that didn't mean a thing. The lyrics even tell you so.

Grumpy is directly referred to by Walt as the character for the audience who hates the story. He's the only one who realizes how stupid is to harbor a wanted woman and constantly complains about it.

In other words, he is Reddit. And just like Reddit, nobody listens to Grumpy and mocks the shit out of him.

haha benis :DD

exactly

tijuanabibles.org/bibles/TB081/

Why don't more movies have a character as good at this as Grumpy?

>>In other words, he is Reddit. And just like Reddit, nobody listens to Grumpy and mocks the shit out of him.
Wait what? It's Sup Forums that's always negative about everything. Reddit's a bunch of plebs after all.

He was cursed by the witch to always smell farts. Plus no female dwarves and Dopey learned to scream when he tries to ass rape him.

Fuck I'm hilarious.

The only post on this thread worth a damn

Reminder we almost got a prequel movie about the Seven Dwarfs' origins that Disney was hoping to develop into a franchise for boys like how girls had Disney Fairies.

animatedviews.com/2013/mike-disa-and-the-seven-dwarfs-how-the-snow-white-prequel-became-a-dopey-movie/

>The Seven Dwarfs was to begin with Dopey and Grumpy living in a charming village of dwarfs. Through a series of “accidents” – later revealed as intentional acts – Dopey and Grumpy are forced to go on a quest together into the Old Lands. Throughout their journey, they meet the other dwarfs, each of whom is drawn into the quest for reasons of his own. Hunted by an evil wizard, the dwarfs are aided by the beautiful young Narcissa, whom they eventually care for and love just as they will Snow White someday. But unlike Miss White, Narcissa gradually shows signs of a dark side. Disney princesses usually make all the right decisions; by contrast, Narcissa makes all the wrong decisions. Still, the dwarfs believe she has a good heart as their adventures lead them to the ancient city of Dwarfenholme. But in a third-act twist, the dwarfs discover the wizard is actually Narcissa’s father – he and Narcissa have been using the dwarfs to access the Olden Dwarf’s ancient magical power. Narcissa double-crosses her father, leading to his enslavement inside the Magic Mirror. With the Olden Dwarf’s magic, she then turns on her seven companions. Dopey heroically sacrifices himself to rescue his new band of friends. But the dwarfs, with Grumpy at the forefront, are able to save Dopey and escape, immune to Narcissa’s magic. Nonetheless, Narcissa takes the throne from Snow White’s father – seen in Snow White as a skeleton in her dungeon – and begins her reign as the Evil Queen, with the damned soul of her own father forever encased in the Magic Mirror as her slave. Thus, the dwarfs must live in hiding to protect their families from the Queen’s vengeance.

Keep in mind that this was made at a time where the independent woman is a child-murderer, so it might have been intended as sympathetic from the writers' POV

>Stealing From Dwarf Holds?
That's a Grudge.

That is some damn old r34

He couldn't die an honorable death.

not enough dancing

>With the Olden Dwarf’s magic, she then turns on her seven companions.
>With the Olden Dwarf’s magic
>Dwarf’s magic