DARK DAYS: THE CASTING #1 first look

Is it me or Romita Jr. looks a lot better without coloring?

Can coloring really fuck up the art?

>Can coloring really fuck up the art?

Uh yeah. Have you seen some recolored comics in the last ten years?

You are right.
I think flat coloring suits him better

You mean those recolored editions of 60s-80s comics?

Is that Azz's Hephaestus?

Is that... is that fucking Dubbilex?

He looked great with Dean White in All Star Batman

Dean White can make a turd look great

>When Batman begins to investigate the most recent death of Hawkman, the opening events of Metal “blows it out into an entire Justice League extravaganza, where everybody sort of goes and finds out that the DC cosmos is a lot larger and scarier and wondrous than everyone thought,” Snyder explained in an interview last month.

Has it been confirmed if we are getting a Hawkman ongoing coming out of this?

From interviews with Snyder it sounds like he wants to

>the most recent death of Hawkman
Lol

fuck yeah

Did he hint at an artist? I would love to see Andy Kubert do it.

There better be some sick guitar solos in this cunt.

Classic Shazam Wizard and Ra's al ghul?

god i hope so, might mean we're getting kon back

Andy Kubert is doing New Challengers with Scott Snyder.

He said he wants to write Hawkman a lot in the past. I think he will write a Hawkman onging after this. He's off Batman after the arc with Sean Gordon Murphy.

I think Snyder on Hawkman would be cool.s

Must be something to do with the upcoming Immortal Men series.

>>fans were loud and clear, they want more from us

well as a batfag, I most certainly didn't

Is Forge the only issue that's been out so far?

Looks nice, I really like cosmic-meta stuff.
What are the chances PRIME shows up in this?

I wonder if Despero will play a big role in this story since Hawkman's heroic sacrifice didn't really amount to much.

>What are the chances PRIME shows up in this?
Can you please stop this meme once and for all? No one at DC wants him back, I bet even Johns looks back on Prime with embarrassment.

Oh, ye of little faith. He's not gone forever. He'll come back. That's his whole deal.

this. More Capullo is nice, hold the Snyder though.

Dude's cancer. Let him go to marvel to write a Nova book.

Yep, Miller and Romita are two artists who should really stick with black and white

oh please. everyone loved snyder's run. it's one of the only redeemable things about the new52

>everyone loved snyder's run
I'm not even going to throw an exaggeration back. I'll just say: no, a lot of us didn't and don't. And you're either baiting or incredibly new.

Snyder was only good when he wasn't using his stories as a soapbox to make grand statements about the Batfamily which meant only his Dickbat run and maybe some of the Court of Owls. The rest of it was shit because he wouldn't stop turning the stories into mouthpieces of what he thought Batman should be.

Sup Forums is a small minority

Theyre attempting to deboot parts of Shazam. You can see classic sivannas timepills in the jla book.

Is Duke having a orgasm?

is it just me or does this come off a little petty revenge like for morrison getting to make the multiverse. like "fine i'll make my own multiverse, with METAL and BATMAN. DARK MULTIVERSE because it's all DARK and BRUTAL."

Not at all. Stop projecting.

come on, you can see even a little in there. dystopian worl with a 40k chaos batman dictator. if there is no anger over morrison filling the multiverse with silver age wacky, elseworlds and meta, then synder is even more edgy 12 year old than i thought.

Wew lad.

Morrison and Snyder are bros user chill

I have a question, fellow anons. This is more or less canon to the rebirthverse.
Does that mean they have Plastic Man locked up? What gives? That's horrible, they just keep him like this?

I honestly don't know if this is meant to be in main rebirth continuity or if it's supposed to be an alt timeline of rebirth continuity that's going to get fucked to death deal like what Future's End ended up being to the New 52.

I like to imagine moore is deconstructing Sup Forums daily by being the morrisonfag in every bat thread.

but poor plas locked up? Why?

You're acting like a SJW or Sup Forumslo, literally looking for a reason to be offended.

Batman's an asswipe like that most of the times.

i doub even the people at DC know if it's in continuity. they're probably just waiting to see what snyder is going to do then decide later.

I hate how shitty JRJR's linework is, especially compared to Jim Lee's right under it, and I hate how all the characters in his art look cylindrical. His art looks better here than it usually does nowadays though, so either JRJR's working at top form for this event or it's because coloring really fucks up his art.

i think it's both. coloring doesnt help but his linework isnt the best. his heads and faces are atrocious.

So uhhh how did the OG Hawks come back?

Find out in the thrilling DC event Dark Days! Only $3.99. Ask your lcs about adding to your pull list.

Good question, New 52 Hawkman recently died.

Right so that was Katar right? And this is Cater coming back as the main Hawkman again because they can't just have them both exist dealing with different kinds of stories or something.

Yep, Katar died saving Rann and Thanagar from Despero who was sporting a full body armor of Nth metal.

>The Hawks get to keep their trunks

>But Superman doesn't.

Why!

Nth metal son.

Because Superman CAN not look like an idiot. The Hawks can't.

Snyder been waiting for over a decade to write Hawkman.

Well I hope he gets the gig so he can fuck off off Batman once and for all.

That's because Katar was the laziest of the Silver Age reinventions. Literally take the Golden Age version make him less violent. And make him Space Cop to cash in the Space Age fad of the time, even though he uses ancient weaponry to beat his enemies.

It looked cool, but made zero sense.

This is why Silver Age Hawkman triggers Kurt Busiek's autism.

What is this event? I don't feel like I've gotten any info on what's happening.

>$4.99

He got them back retroactively.

how many jokers?

i never meant a furious rage, more like a frustration. synder isn't bad but he does seem to try very hard to be a mythos maker. he really wants some one to spin stuff out his ideas like they spun the lantern corps thing out of a morrison idea from his jla run. he also does let that inner edge lord 12 year old come to the surface a little too much sometimes.

I'm with this guy

? The lantern corps came more from Moore than Morrison.

batman's been investigating a mysterious metal that pops up in powerful artifacts.

guardians are getting worried that batman is getting closer to unlocking it's origins and its secrets and hilarity ensues

I don't think it's meant to shake up the status quo, from what I understand based on snyder and capullo's interviews it's more meant to be a for-fun event and possibly launch a new dc imprint

Remember when event books weren't mandatory?

I miss the good old days

yeah, thank god armageddon 2001 wasn't something that was a required reading because it was a pretty terrible event

Wonder Woman got DEM LIPS.

>it's more meant to be a for-fun event
I think so too after they teased dual axe wielding batman and t-rex with guns. It's like a celebration of silver age comic book retardation.

>page where batman is looking at a giant statue of him, in the middle of what appears to be a war torn city
>he's collaborating with mister terrific and they're investigating other earths(?)
>whipped out the tuning fork that the anti-monitor was using to destroy universe
>teasers show multiple different batmen, merged with other members of the justice league/using their powers(?)
I'm calling it now

This is gonna be an Interdimensional Council of Batmans who deemed all superpowered heroes useless so they put them down and took charge themselves

LOL.

Dukeis the culmination of everything I don't like about Snyder's Batman.

OCs replacing old, established characters instead of co-living with them, charactirization off, non-stop world destroying action that simulatneously takes too long and too little time to happen and character development that is told instead of shown.

>Snyder
>bat-wanking
>hawkman dying again.
>paradigm shaking cosmic revelations in a big event

Sounds shit.

What's the draw though?

Why would I want to read this?

It is to kick off a new imprint that puts the focus on the artists first. It's for people that want good art more so than writing.

Hey, Damifag, stop ripping off other people's posts!

I can regocnize when you are doing it, especially when they are my own damn words. Stop it.

Likely a flashback.

>It's for people that want good art more so than writing.
But the artists announced are pretty crap.

This is why Finch's work was so good in Forever Evil. Give them a good inker and colorist and you can elevate art or drop it to shit.

Same thing with the colorist that worked with Jon Meyers on his two issues of Teen Titans. On the other hand, the debacle with that shitty inker/colorist on the early Injustice comics.

>Lee
>Andy Kubert
>Rocafort
>Capullo
>JRJR
>Tony Daniel
>all shit
You've got some crap taste there.

Only Capullo is great from that list. Kubert in particular is garbage.

Regardless Andy trying to ape Joe on Hawkman would be worth it just on the basis of the idea.

No, it would be sad. Andy is terrible and not 1/4 of the artist Joe was. He only has a job in this industry because of who his dad was.

Wow.

Fuck that.

Comics are a visual medium, but a well written comic with shit art is more tolerable to me than a well drawn comic with a shitty story.