What ever happened to that Secret of NIMH CGI remake?

What ever happened to that Secret of NIMH CGI remake?

It's been expanded into a series, no word yet on anything since then. With any luck, it will die before it makes it out of the studio.

Mrs Brisby is the best Sup Forums mom.

And the cutest.

Hopefully has perished like Jenner... in the book

I've been praying for cancellation since the announcement.

And pretty badass when you consider everything she had to go through.

>amulet painfully burns hands with arcane flames
>hold it anyway

Really? That was a thing they were going to do? Remake one of the best looking animated movies of the 80's into a bland CGI reboot?
I mean, of course that's something an executive would do, but I'm still shocked on principal.

After what happened with secret of NIMH 2, I never want to see another movie because they'll ruin it.

Mrs Brisby? Mrs Jonathan Brisby?

That's part of the reason WHY she's the best. Her entire purpose for doing all the heroic shit she does is because she wants to ensure the safety of her family, and the circumstances of her situation require her to do incredible things, even though she's in WAY over her head.

I wish there were more moms like her in media, who aren't in it to "prove" themselves or aren't so fucking LOUD about saving their kids. Mrs. Brisby just does what she does and doesn't make a big deal about it.

>Secret of NIMH CGI
>they're just going to remake and probably ruin one of the best animated movies ever
>Instead of making a long wanted redwall series
>that would probably look great with the realistic CGI ala jungle book

It really can't do worse than the sequel, or can it?

Jesus man don't say things like that. It's like saying "at least things can't get worse".

THINGS CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE!

But I cannot imagine it being possible to do worse than the sequel, how could they?

HAHAHA, you wish it was going to be that weak.

>"It is planned as a CGI/live action hybrid "à la The Smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks", and will be "an origin story in which an imperiled mouse protagonist befriends a comical crew of lab rats as they turn hyper-intelligent. They escape a secret laboratory and become the great minds of vermin civilization, forced to outwit the humans hot on their tails."
>The studio plans to turn the novel into a family franchise

It's going to be related in name and a handful of concepts ONLY. This will make NIMH 2 look like The Great Mouse Detective.

>Instead of making a long wanted redwall series
Do you enjoy making me cry, user? Because that's what you're fucking doing to me.

I think I just suffered a mild stroke.

Why is this allowed?

If this actually goes through I vote we recruit some Russians or whatever to hack their servers and delete all traces of the film.

I heard it got cancelled
...it better burst into flames before reaching finished form
my fav animated film cannot be tarnished by 2goofy4u 3D family film

At least the sequel was rightfully ignored, a kids movie in today's society is a success no matter how shitty it can be, just look at Boss Baby. And seeing or hearing anything about this movie raping the reputation of the film and the book would leave me unironically triggered. I know the animation industry is beyond dead at this point, but ruining the holy grail of animation just like that is what's gonna push me to the fucking edge.

This needs to stay in development hell.

and hottest

The sequel got completed, it will always exist. Someone animated and nothing can ever be done to undo its existance. It will always be there to remind us, a movie or series that never got completed or even developed will never be able to haunt us forever.

>a movie or series that never got completed or even developed will never be able to haunt us forever.
You say that as if it were cancelled already, it isn't, and just like said, things are already pretty bad, the sequel already exists, but things can always get worse.

For you people REEEEing right now, just remember that she is a mom and those babies had to come from somewhere.

Sounds like kino

>tfw you will never be able to un-do The Secret of NIMH 2 : Timmy to the Rescue

source?

The first movie was shit anyways so it probably won't be any big offense

They came from Jonathan obviously.

Any other Sup Forums moms(that actually survive) as great, or at least close to, Mrs. BFrisby?

I honestly don't believe there was ever a person who saw the movie and didn't at least tolerate it.

Troll harder.

>Do you enjoy making me cry, user? Because that's what you're fucking doing to me.
Dont worry, i take no pleasure in it, remembering we'll never get a proper redwall movie makes me suffer too

If it makes you feel any better we've got a Mouse Guard movie coming up, which is similar to Redwall. Who knows? it might be good.

I wanna hold Mrs Brisby

Don't worry some people want to be held by her.

Bluth's "masterpiece" butchered a lot of the material from the book.

A movie doesn't have to follow the book perfectly to be good. It can be good in its own right.

But she's such a small lady.

I wish I was a small little mouse and that she would hold me

Doesn't she have mastery of that magic red stone thing? Guess that would get the job done.

This.

Great movie poster as well. Truly a lost art.

I see you post in every single thread.

You are probably forgetting how she signed up to help the rats escape, to drug the cat, NOT to "save the children", but because she felt like getting braver recently. And to thank them for their help. Then, she escapes from the cage, NOT to "save the children", but to save the RATS.

I bet you consider yourself a big fan of the film, and yet you forget such simple things.

In the book, nobody else could drug the cat. The rats were too big, and Mr. Ages was hurt. The rats were willing to move the house anyway, but said it was possible the cat would ambush them in middle of the attempt, so Mrs. Brisby risked her life to save her family.

The book was so much better. Yes, the big scary scene with her shutting down the tractor wasn't in it, and there was no big climax. But the book really hammered home how everything wanted to kill her. Even going out to get breakfast for her family was a life-and-death ordeal.

Oh, so you didn't pay attention to the film, AND you a purist originalsourcefag? I see.

Fuck off then.

I'm not even the first guy. I was just talking about the book. You know everybody can reply to you, right? It's not a one-on-one conversation.