Spider-Man: Homecoming tracking opens at 90-108 million

deadline.com/2017/06/spider-man-homecoming-hoping-to-catch-opening-in-the-100m-vicinity-1202114641/

>Sony’s Spider-Man: Homecoming hit tracking today and is projected to have an opening between $90M-$108M when it opens on July 7.

>This is according to industry tracking, not Sony.

>Like most superhero movies outside of Wonder Woman, Homecoming is especially strong with young males right now, “but strong across the board” according to one rival studio box office guru. We’re hearing that the movie truly stokes families.

>Again, these estimates can fluctuate up or down as we get closer to opening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DlM2CWNTQ84
youtube.com/watch?v=U0D3AOldjMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope this movie doesn't suck.

This will make a lot of money, definitely.

It will, however, be torn to pieces by critics. It will be the official jump-off point for the Marvel Studios Praise Bandwagon -even when it's more of a Sony thing-, and a lot of critics will jump ship to DC, which -in their eyes, with Wonder Woman- is a ship steered in the right direction.

On the movie critics side, the one movie with the pivotal reception this year will be Justice League. Either superhero fatigue kicks in, or it happens to be a blast and the genre lives on some more years.

Oh, and Sup Forums will of course hate Homecoming.

Nice try shill. Nobody want's to see this Sony trash.

It'll do well. Sup Forumsmmies will hate it even more once it's popular.

>Again, these estimates can fluctuate up or down as we get closer to opening.
Before whining pay attention to this. That's how tracking works and deadilne tends to go full retard. Like they reported from 120 to 150 for guardians 2 and even suggested it could beat CW's opening week.

I think these days it is code for "Depending on what the Rotten Tomatoes score is."

this is going to crush Blunder Wymminz and make a billion

screencap this

>It will, however, be torn to pieces by critics.
How come every time some user on this board says something along the lines of this towards capeshit properties they end up being wrong? Has there ever been an instance in which these would-be seers were actually right?

>Oh, and Sup Forums will of course hate Homecoming.
And in other news, water is wet.

Only case I remember was F4ntastic but everyone wanted that shit to crash, beats me if it ever got some support.

Idk if it will be torn to pieces, it looks pretty bad but critics seem to tolerate the MCU. I don't see this getting lower than a 70% on RT, but I've been wrong before

It'll make more for sure, because it's Spider-Man. Stop companywarring

>critics seem to tolerate the MCU

They do more than that: they give them great reviews. Why critics fall for such cookie-cutter filmmaking is baffling. The DCEU movies (aside from WW) are not good, but at least no one could accuse them of being plain-vanilla pabulum.

Sit down DCUFag. BvS still sucked.

I wouldn't know, I couldn't be bothered finishing it. Doesn't change the fact that the MCU movies are anodyne products flattened and focus-grouped to death. If you think any more of them than that, I don't know what else to tell you.

N-NOOO

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE FIRST MCU FLOP

Even Iron Man 2 was certified fresh, I see no reason why Iron Man 4 wouldn't be

This is Iron Man 7

It's as if they are in the business of using IPs to make money and not cater to a small vocal, annoying minority; shocking.

It's almost like I'd rather have good original films than bland products

Review embargo drops on the 29th btw.

kek

>over a week before release
good to see they have faith in another great MCU movie

Am I retarded or is Tom Holland a fucking charisma vampire?

I keep hearing how he can be the best spidey and I don't fucking see it.

>It will, however, be torn to pieces by critics. It will be the official jump-off point for the Marvel Studios Praise Bandwagon -even when it's more of a Sony thing-, and a lot of critics will jump ship to DC, which -in their eyes, with Wonder Woman- is a ship steered in the right direction.

Being this much of a DC shill ...

Remember when the took pride in being the anti-SJW and "2 deep 4 the critics" franchise?

>Why critics fall for such cookie-cutter filmmaking is baffling.
Because we love cookies. We never stopped loving cookies. If I went to a store to buy cookies, you are not going to convince me to buy pretzels instead. Just give me the damn cookies that I asked for and want to pay for.

I swear, some people I ran into are so stupidly hyped for this film for no other reason that "IT'S SPIDER-MAN AND HE'S MAKING JOKES!" The film looks so painfully average.

He's pretty much playing Michael Cera.

>Like most superhero movies outside of Wonder Woman, Homecoming is especially strong with young males

I can't stand his fucking voice. It's so whispy and lame.

And I say this as someone whose favourite Spiderman VA was the guy from the Ultimate game.

How is Wonder Woman SJW?

A female character is not SJW by default. I fucking hate this meme.

Modern WW is.

There was a time when she was, y'know, sweet and feminine.

I can understand people wanting a younger Peter, but he feels REALLY fucking pathetic. Especially with all the Mr. Stark shit. Hell, there was a stupid thing I saw online where someone wanted a post credits scene where the Avengers try to help Peter with his homework and debate each other for the answers.

There's like this need that fans want Peter to be so pathetic and need to be coddled.

>There was a time when she was, y'know, sweet and feminine.

>A woman has to be written one way or she's SJW by default

They could have avoided the need for a super young actor is the thing. Set the thing in Peter's college years, since this is already avoiding the origin story.

I just can't take his wispy ass voice seriously.

Stern grrrl power Wonder Woman has always been SJW as shit.

I just think we're going to have the weakest Spider-Man franchise but people will love it cause 1) Joking Spider-Man and 2) Teams up with Avengers. Two things that when people see onscreen go into screaming fits.

This is a Spider-Man franchise with no MJ, no Gwen, no JJJ, no Bugle, no previous villains, no Venom, no Black Cat. But oh wait, Ned Leeds is there and will play the role of annoying fat friend. I have no faith in this film, and I'm already predicting that the future films will rely on a different hero team up to carry it more than anything else.

>I just think we're going to have the weakest Spider-Man franchise
People are seriously saying this after the last two movies? Fucking really?

That's not how you use a semi-colon you monster.

>They could have avoided the need for a super young actor is the thing. Set the thing in Peter's college years, since this is already avoiding the origin story.
>I just can't take his wispy ass voice seriously.
He is actually the right age to be a young Spiderman. Your perception of what a young person looks and sounds like is warped by years of Hollywood casting adults in teenage rules.

I have a feeling people are going to shout contrarian and all that shit at me.

Yes, the Amazing Spider-Man films were forced out and had lazy plots, but Spider-Man Homecoming looks extremely basic and phoned in. Compare the trailers

youtu.be/DlM2CWNTQ84

To Homecoming

youtube.com/watch?v=U0D3AOldjMU

ASM at least tries to have a cinematic flair to it. It tries to be big and grand. Hell, as much as I shat on the film, I generally like the clocks ticking down Gwen Stacy's life, as if there was a fairy tale element to it all.
But Homecoming just feels like Marvel is complacent. Like they heard "It's a teenage film! Take the Marvel formula and slap Teenage cliches in there!" I mean, they added a fat friend who knows Spider-Man's secret so he can be embarrassingly dumb for humor. None of the shots look unique or stand out with Homecoming. Yes, the Amazing Spider-Man films were bad, but they at least tried to make a product to stand on its own. Homecoming feels like they went "We got Spider-Man, better shit out a Spider-Man film"

And I hate it because 3 years ago, I was shitting on the Amazing Spider-Man films so much and wanted an MCU Spider-Man, but everything about this MCU Spider-Man looks like...well...Iron Fist.

I count 6
>Iron Man
>Iron Man 2
>Avengers: Iron Man ft. others edition
>Iron Man 3
>Avengers: Iron Man was a mistake edition
>Iron Man: Homecoming

And people wonder why we like to see teens killed in horror films.

Civil War?

Oh damn, right

>muh SJW

Go back to r/the_donald

He's the right age for a highschool Spidey. Why do we need another highschool spidey?

They're already skipping the origin story. Put him in college or adulthood.

>He's the right age for a highschool Spidey. Why do we need another highschool spidey?
>They're already skipping the origin story. Put him in college or adulthood.
Because Marvel is deliberately NOT introducing another Osborne or, indeed, any other major character that would have been needed for a college role. That despite the complete retards shouting for another Mary Jane, Marvel know it is best to not go back to that for a film or two.

Marvel knows there had already been one reboot, so this time around they are going back a little further to avoid retreading well travelled ground. That even though there are plenty of cartoon highschool Spidey, the same isn't true in film.

>Marvel knows there had already been one reboot, so this time around they are going back a little further to avoid retreading well travelled ground.
They're starting in the exact same setting as AMS. They're just skipping the origin.

I think the only movie that addressed college life was Spiderman 2.

As for not having MJ, why are you happy about that? The last reboot didn't have her, either. Despite being one of Spiderman's most recognizable supporting characters.

>As for not having MJ, why are you happy about that? The last reboot didn't have her, either. Despite being one of Spiderman's most recognizable supporting characters.
Because we have had enough of romance for Spidey, at least for the next two films. Yes, it is a big deal but that is overplayed now. Starting him young meant we can delay trying to get him to fall in love AGAIN. And instead focus on things like him being an actual science prodigy.

Are we watching the same trailers? They're playing up the romance angle again. Just with a different girl.

>Are we watching the same trailers? They're playing up the romance angle again. Just with a different girl.
A girl we can safely disregard. There is no commitment or canon baggage. She will be relevant because of who her father is, but Marvel knows not to actually ship them. In fact MCU is taking a break from pairing people up or at least to not base entire films around it.

And you know this how? There's nothing to indicate this isn't gonna be the main pairing.

Fuck, Homecoming seems to play up the romance nearly as much as the first ASM.

>And you know this how? There's nothing to indicate this isn't gonna be the main pairing.
Marvel isn't Sony, user. Marvel actually has long term plans for its projects. I have no idea why you think it is smart to give Spiderman a girlfriend no one remembered existing before. Especially since your only argument is that Spiderman need a female at all times.

I don't get your logic. They give him a no name love interest for a single movie...because they don't want to hook him up yet? That's absolutely retarded.

Isn't that exactly what Amazing Spiderman tracked at?

The problem with Spiderman as a movie is that Disney is likely making sure the film isn't amazing. Just mediocre and making money. They don't own Spiderman, they have to share profits with Spiderman, if they were able to find a character who could fill Spiderman's niche they'd try just as hard to brute force it like they did with the Inhumans and X-Men.

If Spiderman is a raging success, then Sony can just take Spiderman back and make their own cinematic universe like they ARE trying to do but with this film as foundation. It's why Tony is so fucking shoehorned into the story, as a kind of anchor that doesn't allow this movie to function in a continuity where Sony is just using their own IPs

>I don't get your logic. They give him a no name love interest for a single movie...because they don't want to hook him up yet? That's absolutely retarded.
You are assuming they are hooking up at all. She isn't in it to be a love interest, she is in it for who her dad is.

>The problem with Spiderman as a movie is that Disney is likely making sure the film isn't amazing. Just mediocre and making money. They don't own Spiderman, they have to share profits with Spiderman, if they were able to find a character who could fill Spiderman's niche they'd try just as hard to brute force it like they did with the Inhumans and X-Men.
You are 100% ignorant about the fact that Sony, in a moment of stupidity, sold back the merchandise rights for Spiderman. Sony even mentioned that as a grave mistake in one of the shareholder meetings. Marvel makes money from all the Spiderman merchandise and Spiderman is the single biggest money earner, above even Batman.

Thus what you said makes no sense.

>You are assuming they are hooking up at all. She isn't in it to be a love interest, she is in it for who her dad is.
Which is why there's a scene of them dancing and kissing.

>Which is why there's a scene of them dancing and kissing.
She will be lucky to even be in the next film.

>an iron man + spidey movie is projected to have the same opening weekend numbers than a gal gadot WW1 flick
What went wrong Sup Forums?

>and Spiderman is the single biggest money earner, above even Batman.

Not true. The chart you are thinking about was during a year with a Spider-man movie. I guarantee you a year with a Batman movie would see that reversed.

>Not true. The chart you are thinking about was during a year with a Spider-man movie. I guarantee you a year with a Batman movie would see that reversed.
Neither Spiderman nor Batman rely on live action films to sell merchandise. They both have multiple outlets.

Spider-man fatigue - this is the third version of the character in 15 years.

That's pretty shit. If this doesn't make over a billion it under performed

Wonder Woman was sweet and feminine in her movie

You mean like she is in the movie?

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ZENDAYA SONYYYYYYYYYYY

She's not SJW, but user has a point, a number of critics gave praise to the movie specifically because it was female-led and directed, which is funny after the DCEUfags tried to build a narrative that the SJWs were out there to take down WB just because of a supposed Marvel favoritism

I remember a review that specifically said we should ignore the movie's faults because it's too important

I repeat for clarity, I'm not calling the movie bad or politically loaded, just pointing out the irony. Just like how Cara Whatserface accused the critics of being too afraid of her sexuality after she herself accused the cape genre of being too sexist

Those probably are the same critics who loved the terrible new Ghostbusters because it was female-led.

The ones who cared less that the new Mad Max movie was a great movie, and more that it had so many female roles.