Redesigns

Didn't see one in the catalog.

I did this one a little bit ago as a warm-up exercise, I'm open to suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ka4AWj2pGlg?t=10m43s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I suggest you become an hero. Remember, cut along the tracks, not across them.

Well thanks bud.

I agree, kill yourself OP. Faggot's like you should never get work

Your art doesn't suck. And you are streets ahead of anyone who does not draw.

To me? PG is backwards. She has a skirt and full sleeves. Why? She is buff and is not ashamed. Hell she probably benches under a red sun lamp.

Bare arms. She's not some veined out bodybuilder, but why hide her strength? Huge bust is a must but that is what nature gave her and she is not ashamed of that either.

Strong, confident. Keep up the art. You will do great things.

The lack of uniformity is really bothering me.
She has her blue boots but not her blue gloves?
The sleeves are longer than the shorts?
Her cape should be fastened across her chest not just hanging there, what is even going on?

>making female superhero costumes more conservative

Your art's fine but fuck this sentiment. Just throw her in a fucking burka if skin bothers you.

Well your face isn't too good but it's not about that.
So it seems like you're going for some sort of leotard here but the proportions are super weird, the way they stop halfway down the biceps and thighs. The boots are too low, as well, and the belt is a bit too simple. The cape is like, just a scarf pinned to her chest, it's a little juvenile in the way it looks, more like a towel.

So the primary issue is that the lengths of things are weird all over the place. I'd suggest having it be either sleeveless or all the way to the wrists. The shorts as well, either cut them at the hips or make them full length, and bring the boots up to the knee. Some kind of adjustment to the cape, too, like maybe it goes right over the right shoulder and stops under her shoulder blades.

Well like I said it was a warm-up. Though, you make some good points, I'll try to keep em in mind if I ever come back to more costume designs. I suppose I just wasn't really mindful of the design that much since it wasn't anything I was planning to stick with. Bad habit.

Anyway, this was an invitation to post good, bad, any and all redesigns.

The last time I posted one of my redesigns a few years later I found it recolored on a variant.

It's not a bad design, just kind of plain. Maybe it's just because Conner's design is so deeply ingrained in my head, but PG needs some asymmetry to balance her out, so to speak. The single pauldron, the covered arms/bare legs, stuff like that just really brings it all together despite being a fairly simple design.

I like your style, though.

>To me? PG is backwards. She has a skirt and full sleeves. Why?
>Bare arms
No. Get out of here, Diaz.

Post pics or it didn't happen.

Pic related is everything wrong with Sup Forums and the net in general. It used to be a goof but the newfags are actually serious about memes.

You aren't horrible but this is no longer the venue for warmups. Glad to see you can take criticism though. Good luck n the future.

>Post pics or it didn't happen.
Ever since I saw it I did the internet reception psychology in my head and way I figure it if anyone cared or wanted to really know they'd have spotted it as well or bother to go looking.

It's a chore obviously, I'm not asking anyone to go through it but it would guarantee they'd see it with their own eyes instead of taking my word/influence.

Plus second bit of math I did is since I only posted the concept here the guy who re-used it either got it here or from someone posting it elsewhere. Whatever the case someone knows what they've done and is keeping hush about it, being anonymous I'd fall right into their play by trying to call out something they could just dismiss. After all I don't own the character so any amount of redesign elements technically can't even "belong" to me. Could have signed or watermarked it, but that wouldn't have done much.

So cool story or no, I'm saying after doing the work and someone else getting paid I've resolved to only remark on other people's efforts now. Only logical move is not to play.

I can see your point, but one bad case of thievery is no reason to quit completely. Also, you could at least have given a few hints. You didn't even mention the character or "artist" in question.

I think you've got something with the half-sleeves and the trunks. Gives me a strongman vibe. I have two criticisms. First, simplicity is a virtue in designs, but I do feel like you don't have enough going on here. It feels a little plain. Throw in some details to break it up. Gold trim on the boots, change the cape to have her pauldron and braided rope, put a little v-slit on the collar or something, etc. Maybe a more prominent belt. Second, in some form, you have to have the boob window in Power Girl designs. Even if it's just a little one, it HAS to be there or you'll be immediately dismissed as just trying to cover her up, and in my opinion it does a disservice to the character. Like having Superman without his shield. And it would also help with the details.

Here are some Spider-Man redesigns.

>No boob window
Immediately shit

>you could at least have given a few hints.
Thought about it, but after the long rant explaining my rationale for keeping silent so long I didn't want it turn into a loud easter egg hunt at the last minute. Since you ask though, the redesign concept was done in May 2013, the variant came out in July 2016.
>didn't even mention the character or "artist"
With good reason. If someone was fish netting these waters and it wasn't just a happy accident, would I really want to give a name drop too?
Since he even got the cover published he has professional contacts, so worst case scenario if this got any buzz I'd have them publicly asking on social media who a nobody from Sup Forums thinks they are telling a known artist where they get their ideas.
Best case, everyone just shrugs and ignores it since it's not their problem and nothing can be done years after the fact.

My resolve to shrug myself actually stems from recalling a similar case
youtu.be/Ka4AWj2pGlg?t=10m43s
A single costume design is not remotely the same scale as designing an entire setting and having that pinched of course, but it's the fact my case is so much less significant that made it obvious less than nothing would come of it if I called upon all the angels and saints as my jury.

I still doodle and design, the idea of art was in me before recognition and will remain so, I just don't leave any of it somewhere it can be easily grabbed or remixed for a profit.
At least, one can hope.

>With good reason. If someone was fish netting these waters and it wasn't just a happy accident, would I really want to give a name drop too?
>Since he even got the cover published he has professional contacts, so worst case scenario if this got any buzz I'd have them publicly asking on social media who a nobody from Sup Forums thinks they are telling a known artist where they get their ideas.
>Best case, everyone just shrugs and ignores it since it's not their problem and nothing can be done years after the fact.

Fair reasoning, but you should know gossip like this doesn't usually travel to social media unless it has a dedicated thread and gets picked up by BleedingCool or another "comics journalism" site. I respect your wishes, though. Still, I have to ask, this was a Marvel book we're talking about, right?

>I still doodle and design, the idea of art was in me before recognition and will remain so, I just don't leave any of it somewhere it can be easily grabbed or remixed for a profit.

Good, good. I was worried for a second. As bad as it is, it'd be really disappointing if someone's creativity was snuffed out by someone in the industry trying to make a quick buck.

And just so the thread is completely derailed, here's a weird redesign I'm fond of for some reason.

Wait.... Peter Parker is Spider-Man?

That scrawny runt?

>Still, I have to ask, this was a Marvel book we're talking about, right?

You're a wizard, Harry

I really like that goblin.

fucking horrible. please don't re-design anything ever again, especially something that doesn't need to be changed.

Jinx from Teen Titans, but based/combined with her original design from the comics.

I like it

I know, right?

That's like saying Superman's just some big dopey reporter.

>hehe lets use the computer power button icon
fucking hate it when people do this

I dislike Rhino mech-suit. It's such a 2010s tacticool concept.

How? It's not like it's the Rhino mech from ASM2. In fact it's closer to powered armor than a mech.

I like the Rhino suit, especially how I can sort of see the way everything works, with the softer and more malleable underlayer.

>Powergirl.
>Shrunk boobs, weak build.
>No boob window or high cut.

I WILL SEE YOU DEAD FOR THIS HERESY!!!!