What are the chances of Transformers The last knight turning out to be kino?

>new writers
>new cinematographers
>streamlined robot designed
>call back to previous films
shit might end up being really good

It will probably be ok as far as popcorn action flicks go

And even if it were great, Transformers always seems to be the black sheep of nerd crap anyway so people who aren't into Transformers will dismiss/hate it regardless. As much of a meme as it is, I do in fact think they are onto something with the whole "people don't relate to robots", because for fuck's sake, as much as people bitch about these movies they've brought more money and attention to the franchise than anything since it's inception from normies, while others tend to just not give a damn about a robot centric franchise

If by 'call back' you mean complete ignore the continuity of the previous films, then sure.

>Bumblebee was somehow on Earth during WW2.

It'll be the exact same as every other film.

Absolutely zero. Are you fucking retarded? It is a goddamned MICHAEL BAY movie.

DUDE ITS MICHAEL BAY XD HE IS TOTES TEH SUCK KILLED MUH CHILDHOOD

Are you kidding? Fanfags will ALWAYS find reasons to complain about every movie

he did Pain and Gain which was kino as fuck

There are still humans, so no.

High. This will likely be a return to form for Bay. Where as past Transformers films were made specifically to earn huge dividends at the box off, they were also a means for gauging audience reception. A highly lucrative series of experiments. But expiraments none the less. Bay has taken note of what works and what doesnt and I think he's finally ready to unleash the fruits of his labor.

It's still going to be 45 minutes too long and spend a third of the dialogue on Bay's Carrot Top level of humor.

The guy has made a grand total of two watchable movies his entire career, I don't think he's somehow going to wake up tomorrow and become an amazing storyteller.

None now fuck off Sup Forums and take your shitty memes with you

shut up hothead

DUDE LE DIRECTOR OF THE TRANSFORMERS MOVIES AND PEARL HARBOR IS TOTALLY FREAKIN EPIC! LE UPBOAT FOR YOU FELLOW REDDITOR!

>The Rock
>Pain and Gain

>Not Kino.

Get Out.

It has no chance of being good, none of the Transformers movies are good.
I just want to see if it can top itself by somehow being worse than 4.

I don't even know how to begin to respond to such a moronic post, but I can tell you're not a Transformers fan, and thus don't belong in this thread

Fuck off back to Sup Forums if all you know of the Transformers is that Michael Bay directed the movies, nobody here on Sup Forums cares about your try hard mimic wanna be film snob/film school opinions

>>Bumblebee was somehow on Earth during WW2.

so? For all we know is that Bumblebee arrived on earth long before other bots of Primes team.

>implying Transformers fans like Bayshit

I realize you were born after Michael Bay took a steaming shit on the franchise but don't embarrass yourself like this.

I'll watch it because I love the visuals, and for fucking french Hot Rod, but it won't be anything high quality plot-wise.

But then, it's hard to get worse than the long boring segments of "please let me commit statutory rape on your daughter" from the last one.

Does it have catman struthers as the voice of jazz? No? DROPPED, now fuck off.

The franchise was hardly a masterpiece to begin with.

Pain and Gain would be great if it didn't have his awful sense of humor.

>dude look Rebel Wilson loves black cock lmao

>dude this priest wants to fuck The Rock lmao

>dude look at these gigantic fake tits lmao

He's the least funny director in Hollywood.

>I realize you were born after Michael Bay took a steaming shit on the franchise but don't embarrass yourself like this.
My Transformers fandom started with the G1 toys I had in my earliest years of conscious life in the late 80s, literally been a fan my whole life.

>>implying Transformers fans like Bayshit
Transformers fans have dealt with worse media in the past, not that you'd know since all you know of the franchise is Bayformers.

>same director

no

I sort of feel ashamed that I laughed at the dildo jokes in that film.

China Fucking Crap was funny when you remember Vietnam Fucking Shit.

How does absolute mad man Marky Mark get away with it all.

>literally been a fan my whole life.
Then you must be cripplingly retarded because the Bay movies are objective garbage with no redeeming features. They barely have anything to do with the franchise, they have some of the absolute worst mecha designs in history, and they damn sure aren't good at being movies.

People like you deserve to die.

There's some good bits with just the actors(Whalburgers yelling at kids, Tony Shaloub being off the fucking chain) but every time Bay wants to do a bit or a sketch in a film it makes me want to die.

Also he's a 40 year old man who still thinks gay panic jokes are funny. Like, he doesn't even construct a JOKE out of it, it's always just "lol these guys are straight but they're saying things that sound gay" over and over again. I'm not some prude who needs my jokes spit-shined to cleanliness, but he's been telling the same joke for 25 years and it's never ever been funny.

No fuck these movies. The first is kind of a guilty pleasure (it's at least manageable to tell the bots apart) and I guess it sort of 'revived' the TF franchise in the west. We probably wouldn't have gotten TFA or TFP without it. But thinking about the rest and how this is what people now think of by the mention of "Transformers" makes my ass hurt. A lot.

>mecha
Transformers isn't mecha, non TF fan. Please fuck off back to Sup Forums you normie fake nerd piece of shit who's literally never watched a TF show.

>Transformers fans have dealt with worse media in the past
Not on this scale. These movies make billions and attract huge crowds of normies, unlike previous shitty incarnations.

Problem? More money for Hasbro means more TF media for the fandom, unlike say Jem, G.I Joe, etc, and other Hasbro IPs that have largely become irrelevant

Hasbro owns fucking Monopoly and makes all kinds of other shit, if Transformers stopped making money you wouldn't have shit to be a fan of anymore period

>We'll never get a movie where Shia recruits the Autobots to protect a They Will Not Divide Us Flag from Sup Forums

Pretty low chance to be kino but I'll watch it, enjoy it, then call it garbage.

Hell, I liked Age of Extinction despite it being one of the worst movies of all time.

Yeah, who cares? Normies didn't give a fuck about TF before, now a bunch of them are throwing money at the franchise, ensuring more shows, comics, games and toys for us. If Bay-formers had suddenly taken over the whole thing, I could see the problem, but it hasn't. At best some of the designs and plot points in Animated and Prime are connected to the first movie.

kino?

>It will probably be ok as far as popcorn action flicks go

This and only this. The disregard they show towards the continuity of the previous movies is reason to expect the script and plot to be meh at best; that doesn't mean they aren't entertaining. DSotM was unexpectedly good for me.

Right? Ok, so Bayformers is makes it's money of normies, who gives a fuck. I'm all for Transformers having a version of it pander to normies if that means the brand stays alive, because it fucking wouldn't otherwise, let's be honest. And fuck that's how all major Hollywood films work, the majority of people who care about capeshit movies don't know jack shit about the comics and don't realize how they bastardize them half the time, but THAT'S OKAY.

I kinda miss Shia at this point. The fact that he seemed to base his entire identity and self worth around the fact that he was the special one who knew the Transformers would have made for an interesting yet sad story to watch as he slowly becomes less and less relevant to the events taking place

>>Kino
Please go back to Sup Forums and stay there. We don't need you shitters spreading your memes to this board.

Say it with me
O P T I M U S ! ! ! !

>What are the chances of Transformers The last knight turning out to be kino?
I'd sya that chances are whatever you want since "kino" is just a made up Sup Forums meme.

I kinda just want to see it just because it might be the best King Arthur movie of 2017.

Plenty of us do.

And befor you ask im 28

Please its not even the worst movie in the franchise

I'd say it's second worst . But yeah if anybody thinks any of these movies qualifies for "worst movies of all time", they really have not watched many movies at all and are probably limited to blockbuster films from the late 00s and onward

The people who leaked shit about it said it's better than the first, and the first was pretty good for an action movie

yeah right because you niggers have shitty tumblr memes to spread across

No.

Not to mention, this is Transformers we're talking about, practically the king of the easilly pissed off fandoms.

They'll find ways to hate it even if they try too hard to do so like they do with every series.

I hope when the next Transformers flick comes out like in 2-3 years it has a better director than Bay

In my experience, most actual Transformers fags either ignore or accept the movies for being dumb fun. It's usually people who have no care or knowledge for the franchise at all who get most pissed at it just because hating Bay has become a meme

>kino meme spout.
I think you should fuck off back to plebbit.

Well since KINO is always attached to terrible movies, it's very likely

>Ancient Aliens
>Stone Henge is a beacon
Oh, how original.

No, not because it's Bay's Transformers, it's because kino is a retard concept

why are these niggers so assblasted about K I N O ? is it because fa/tv/irgins have a meme to identify themselves with and these niggers dont?

>le shit post baity memefrog poster ;)

This is a sad thread I don't even want to Shockwave post in it

Fucking this.

There are so manylittle cliques and subfandoms in this franchise theres only one thing every one agrees on and its that kiss players was shit

Can you confirm we all think Energon was shit too? Otherwise I don't think I can sleep peacefully tonight.

Is it be possible to un-sad a thread by posting Shockwaves?

Energins tricky

Its objectivly shit but it has a few redeeming qualities

*energon

I just want to see how hammy Anthony Hopkins gets.

>>call back to previous films
>This is listed as something good and desirable

I like contiunity sue me

The big murder machine specicaly targeting past battlefeilds and important locations of the transformers in order to wipe away their existence makes for some hype imagery

I hope they take out hoover dam

And he got all confused cause his intention was that it was a dead serious film and he couldn't understand why people thought it wasn't.

>I hope they take out Hoover Dam

They do

Or got tricked into leaving it and came back with everyone else in TF1.

Critics are already hating it.

No one on Sup Forums cares save for console war faggots

Critics also hated this, the thing, if anything, that is agreed upon by most of the very fractured TF fandom as being good and nearly universally enjoyed by all more than anything else

Since when do TF fans care about critics? We're a niche group and always have been

Not great but not awful

happily ever after

>Critics

Who gives a fuck? Form your own opinion on the movies you watch

I still don't know what kino means.

This legitimately looks like it might be the best one yet in regards to treating the robots as actual characters.

Whether Joe Q. Public will care, who knows.

Michael Bay is a director I'm actually willing to defend to a degree. He made some genuinely good movies and while the Transformers movies aren't really among those he still manages to put his unique directorial stamp on them rather than making them look and feel like any other generic action movies. He has very clear stylistic sensibilities that, while juvenile, gives his work a distinctive look and feel that is pretty unique and recognizable and if you share some of his interests like sports cars, violence and hot women (and if you're a man there's a chance you will) you're gonna get some enjoyment out of his films.

I genuinely love Pain and Gain, The Rock and the Bad Boys movies and I stand by that.

>>Bumblebee was somehow on Earth during WW2.
We don't even know when Bumble bee came to earth

Unless you count the comics. But I doubt anyone does.

It comes a month later in my country, someone spoil the whole movie plz

>Go to watch Transformers movie
>Ghetto jokes, robo scrotum, stereotypes, grey cgi blobs fighting, horrible acting

Uninroically one of the worst summer blockbusters I ever made the mistake of watching and I assure you the new one will not save it
Give me (1) piece Transformers media that will change my mind about this franchise

Bumblebee becomes our lord and savior: Lemonpuff Prime

Beast Wars.

I thought dotm was a legitmatley good movie how dose it compare

Non cannon

An user is currently storytimming the entire idw run starting with furmans run check it out

There's a surprisingly rabid group of bayformer fans who keep spouting about how everyone's going to be surprised when Last Knight turns out to be kino

This exact thread has been made before, multiple times, where they keep implying that LK is somehow going to break the trend of the series being a bloated mess

>Give me (1) piece Transformers media that will change my mind about this franchise
Nope, sorry, we're full.

Every single Bayformers movie gets threads here, this isn't anything new. News flash...Transformers fans are more than the average normie who watched it for five seconds in their youth and then forgot about it but still acts like the authority on the subject, some of us actually have an interest in the brand at large and it isn't a new or surprising thing

>"No no it's not bad, it's the film of the year so you should buy all the toys and see the film multiple times."
Nobody's falling for your marketing lies. Kill yourself.

What the fuck are you going on about?
I know that Transformers is more than just the handful of shitty Michael Bay schlock, I'm specifically talking about the people who keep insisting that the The Last Knight is somehow going to be anything other than trash

If anything, the group of bayformers fans who keep pushing it on Sup Forums with threads like this are the normies who watched it for five seconds in their youth. They don't realize that there's much better Transformers media out there, and care more about shit exploding than they actually do about Transformers in general.

No matter what I will always say Age of extinction was better than Dark of The Moon. AoE didn't have a Victoria Secret model calling Megatron a bitch as a major plot point.

You have autism.
>I know that Transformers is more than just the handful of shitty Michael Bay schlock
Are you? Somehow I doubt it
> I'm specifically talking about the people who keep insisting that the The Last Knight is somehow going to be anything other than trash
You don't get the fandom if you don't get the level that some people appreciate these movies on, nobody expects it to be high art....ever
> They don't realize that there's much better Transformers media out there
Hah, like what wise guy? How long have you been a TF fan? How many toys you got? You've watched every series? Invested in the comics? You give off super casual vibes with how pissed you are at Bayformers, I've never met a legitimate Transformers fan who was angry about Bayformers

>Much more better Transformers media out there

Like what? The G1 movie that's only praised because of nostalgia? Stop pretending Michael Bay has ever done anything to shit on the Transformers franchise. It's never been good

that thread was fun

>no true scotaman falacy

Nigga iam as hardcore as they come id id still rate the movies as top teir withinnthe scope of the franchise

*scotsman

>Like what? The G1 movie that's only praised because of nostalgia? Stop pretending Michael Bay has ever done anything to shit on the Transformers franchise. It's never been good
Not the guy you're responding to, but I have to disagree with you as well. Transformers has been good to varying degrees, including G1 and Bayformers and everything in between. That being said you're right, Michael Bay didn't do anything but HELP the Transformers brand, and people who don't understand this just don't get Transformers

Bruh the person I was responding to is pulling the I'VE NEVER MET A ~LEGITIMATE~ TRANSFORMERS FAN WHO WAS ANGRY ABOUT BAYFORMERS card
He's the one saying only casual shitters don't like the movies, he's the only one trying to play the elitist no true scotsman card, so don't get pissy at me

>nobody expects it to be high art....ever
There's multiple people in this tread, OP included, claiming it's going to be legit kino. Retard.