We could've had a Marvel cartoon universe with the interconnectivity of the DCAU

>we could've had a Marvel cartoon universe with the interconnectivity of the DCAU
>maybe even different shows, each with their own unique art style, connected by an Avengers cartoon
>instead we get this garbage, Guardians, and Ultimate Spider-Man and another Spider-Man show that looks like garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6v_5KjFGO_I
youtube.com/watch?v=pEjRliKOHhs
youtube.com/watch?v=P7Jm7lfYEzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You'd think the MCU and Disney would improve the brand but they completely ruined it. When the MCU tanks I'm sure Marvel will go under.

No we couod had not. Marvel is happy with its animated stunted shitshow that only does storylines if its apart current events or movies

Also this heresy

Well, we kinda had a Marvel cartoon universe in the 90s. People don't jerk off to it because it wasn't stylish enough for them.

It's all on Jeff Loeb, perhaps under the direction of Ike Perlmutter. As Marvel Studios stole/rescued most of the good writers from the cartoons, Loeb could mostly rely on Man of Action to be his stooges by having them churn out scripts and pretend that it's good to go from the smart cartoon of EMH to braindead retard shit like Assemble. The basic fact is that no one cares enough about the cartoons, so there is less and less talent involved. I hear they get a good episode of something from time to time, but I figure those are mostly flukes.

That shit is legit much better than Assemble. I'm not that tempted to watch it all, but I'd do that before watching any of the modern American cartoons that Marvel is shitting out.

youtube.com/watch?v=6v_5KjFGO_I

But those shows sucked.

Really, after Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth Mightiest Heroes unfair cancellations with cliffhangers, I hope Marvel never has a good, or at the very least solid cartoon ever again.

AA and GOTG have gotten quite a bet better, though they still are aimed at little kids rather than, well, us. We still get the occasional good episode, though.

>Spectacular and Earth's Mightiest were good
I'm tired of this meme

Sure, sure, Loeb.

>implying I think the current stuff is good
Marvel has never had a good cartoon

Marvel cartoons and shows are nowhere near as popular as DC shows.

Even if the Marvel shows are better, the Arrowverse has a larger following and the DCAU has more identifiable characters. Cartoon Hawkeye isnt the same as movie Hawkeye, but everyone can recognize Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.

Knowing that a MCAU wouldn't take off like the DCAU did, Marvel likely decided to make cartooms based on the most popular heroes with kids: Spiderman and GotG.

I think the great thing about EMH was it made the Marvel Universe feel alive. AIM would be doing things, the Skrulls would be doing things, Loki would be upto shit, and the Avengers had to deal with it all whenever it came their way. Just Cap being replaced by a Skrull for as long as he was was amazing. But Loeb passed down the order that kids were too stupid to follow multi-episode plotlines, so they screwed up the end of season 2 as much as they could (though the core of the show was too good to let them completely ruin it) then they shat out Assemble.

What's extra sad is EMH wasn't even that well animated, but Assemble looked like it had a quarter of the budget. EMH used the movie versions of characters as a base, but did develop them in different directions. I'm not sure if Assemble ever got beyond simply copying the movie versions, as the first 2 episodes were just too shit for me to continue. EMH was trying to give me a Marvel Universe I could enjoy on tv from time to time, Assemble very much feels like it's just there to remind 4 year olds who these characters are until the next movie comes out.

It's the truth. Sorry for the shit taste.

If it's anything like Disk Wars then I'm in - that shit was fun as fuck.

>Marvel has never had a good cartoon

cough90sXMencough

Was shit.

Absolute bottom-tier bait/taste. Fuck off.

>I like shitty animation with bad writing

is there even money in the cartoon industry?

So you just don't like cartoons?

The problem is after Loeb left animation for the Netflix stuff the cartoons were still not good. I mean USM looked like an improvement over the first two seasons but it still wasn't good, much less anywhere near Spec or EMH level.

I like /good/ cartoons

Evidently not.

Iron Man Armored Adventures

I like it when cartoons are actually good.

Fuck, you got me. That was decent, forgot it since no one ever talks about it.

What's wrong with Spectacular and EMH?

>No we couod had not.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes is set in the same continuity as Wolverine and the X-Men and Chris Yost's Thor and Hulk-related DTVs.

Probably intended to connect to Spec Spidey too, if not for Loeb changing VAs last minute.

Would you be willing to attempt to have an adult conversation about whatever it is you didn't like about them and what you actually want from a Marvel cartoon?

>Probably intended to connect to Spec Spidey too, if not for Loeb changing VAs last minute.

Not really. Spectacular was its own thing. They were just getting Josh Keaton as a nod to Spectacular. Nothing more.

Because Marvel is too focused on the MCU and thinks everything should be based off it. Marvel will /never/ get anywhere near the DCAU till they finally respect their comic franchises and what made them popular.

Eh, as long as nothing contradicts storywise, a nod is connection enough for me.

I still consider JL: Crisis on Two Earths to be semi-canon with JLU, in that the events of the movie DID legitimately happen between seasons, the only difference is John Stewart was there instead of Hal Jordan.

>the only difference is John Stewart was there instead of Hal Jordan.

Maybe that movie is us seeing the universe where Hal Jordan from "The Once and Future Thing" came from

The difference between the two is that Crisis was intended to be canon to JL/JLU and had the same writer and crew, while Weisman and Cook had their own ideas for the larger Marvel universe (Human Torch, Captain America, X-Men, etc.) within the context of Spectacular.

For instance, beyond the Fantastic Four, a lot of those heroes aren't known or formed by the time Spectacular starts. Uncle Ben was a fan of Captain America's and Peter got the idea of dressing up and wearing red and blue from him, etc.

I just want MAA back. Probably the most unified Marvel thing in a long time.

Same, user.

...same.

Like, that game combined ALL of Marvel lore! Sure, the X-Men ban happened, but even before then, we had the Avengers actually fighting sentinels and shit. God, I'd kill for another game like that which actually brings in ALL Marvel Lore.

Fox gets the rights for all Marvel Movies.

No, it's gotten worse. Just look at that cheap animation.
youtube.com/watch?v=pEjRliKOHhs

youtube.com/watch?v=P7Jm7lfYEzg

This is why I don't think Loeb is the problem since he hasn't overseen these cartoons in years. It's got to be someone else.

Disc Wars

>smart cartoon of EMH
I figure that the decline of EMH started in Season 2 already because of how every single episode was a mindcontrol plot and they started rehashing things really hard.

Ike being his usual budget cutter. And the writers not giving a shit since they're working for peanuts.

looking at the cavengers shit show in the other thread there might be more to this than hyperbole.

Maybe the video game universe might pay off but square enix stuff can be a 50/50 shot at the best of times.

MCU or bust right now regardless.

If this had actually been good, we could have had EGH + EMH + Spectacular + an X-Men cartoon all running concurrently

The cartoons are being made completely in-house, so that's not a bad guess.

I-I thought it was pretty good. I actually liked Reed, too.

Yeah, Loeb and Man of Action took over in the second half of season two. The meddling starts after the Spidey or Vision premiere, but even then, they still replaced Josh Keaton for Spidey's VA.

That cartoon was the main reason I got into marvel

>Knowing that a MCAU wouldn't take off like the DCAU did, Marvel likely decided to make cartooms based on the most popular heroes with kids: Spiderman and GotG.
those shows still could have been interconnected

>wtf
that Secret wars trailer....
thats not real is it?
i mean
holy fucking shit that looks so bad
it looks like a student project

and kamala looks like a recolored white girl, not like a pakistani girl

I couldn't even watch all of the second video, this all looks awful. The dialog is trash, the delivery is stilted, and the animation is cheap. All of which leads to there being no energy in anything that is happening.
Sounds about right. I imagine Disney doesn't care what Ike does half the time because printing comics and making cheap cartoons mostly keeps his bullshit under the radar. No one is bothered enough to throw him out the door.

>marvel ruined all there other shit besides there movies

I mean they could easily have good vidya, comics, cartoons, and live action shows but they just don't put in the work.

Ike is in charge of a lot of stuff, but can't touch the movies. That's basically how we end up with so much shit all around, but pretty fun movies. Ike ruins everything he touches, and has been touching Marvel since about 2005.

>been touching Marvel since about 2005.
kek some should edit a pic with one of those pedo dolls asking marvel where ike touched him

>Sounds about right. I imagine Disney doesn't care what Ike does half the time because printing comics and making cheap cartoons mostly keeps his bullshit under the radar. No one is bothered enough to throw him out the door.

I don't know, if Marvel Studios pushed him out I think Disney is looking for any other excuse to push him out of other departments.

>and has been touching Marvel since about 2005.

Nope. Try late 1990's. He's been in control of the rest of Marvel since that far back.