Is there anyone who's really a fan of Veronica? I think she's a massive spoiled cunt...

Is there anyone who's really a fan of Veronica? I think she's a massive spoiled cunt. I mean unless you're into the spoiled rich girl, in which case that's understandable.

>t. Betty Cooper
This is now a Ronnie thread.

>I mean unless you're into the spoiled rich girl, in which case that's understandable.
In which case Cheryl is still superior.

She's never a straight-up bitch. Most of the time she hurts people just because she's inconsiderate and speaks her opinions regardless of whether they might hurt someone. Her being a dick to Betty is actually explained by her understanding that people like Betty over her as a person and trying to compensate for the feelings of inferiority this gives her by "winning" over her. But there are a lot of stories where you see that she loves Betty as a friend and would go to great lengths for her.

She's not the clear second choice. In terms of interests and personality she isn't worse, just different.

This really just comes down to whether you like energetic, down-to-earth, altruistic tomboys or refined, goal-driven, headstrong ladies.

There's also the fact that Betty is her best friend and you can get away with saying some mean shit to your best friend

>whether you like energetic, down-to-earth, altruistic tomboys or refined, goal-driven, headstrong ladies.

Fuck, I actually like both. Pretty hard to decide.

Welcome to the life of Archie Andrews

>I mean unless you're into the spoiled rich girl, in which case that's understandable.
Or into S&M.

That's Betty's thing

>Ronnie's a bitch
>Betty's a psycho

I'd rather have the burger.

>I mean unless you're into the spoiled rich girl

Why wouldn't you be into that?

It's her or the psycho.

>Archie comic: is a massive bitch
>Betty and Veronica comic: is a great friend

??????

A man needs to strive. Fight for something. The ideal woman makes her man work hard to keep her. It makes the man appreciate her more.

And that's the kind of woman Veronica is.

yeah

But which burger?

t. jughead

She's a "dicks before chicks" kind of girl.

Betty Cooper is clearly unstable and isn't getting the help she needs; whereas Veronica Lodge has self-awareness.

>The ideal woman makes her man work hard to keep her

do people really believe this shit? being in a relationship should not be work

Damnit, now I have to try this.

I always have a weakness for the super-bitch

where's the edit with 'I'm a bitch, beautiful and ruthless'

>being in a relationship should not be work
If you'd prefer a woman who won't just lazily regress into some irritable ham-planet once you're committed to her, you should expect to be held to the same expectations. It's not like you need to bend over backwards to pander to your partner just to keep the relationship afloat, it should be mutually beneficial.

I like her and at least she's not such a doormat like betty is

served

is this loss?

Pretty sure it's HD and I resized it, lemme check

Good ol' Jughead. Accepts people for who they are.

it's SD quality

Wait, so Betty's the Dom and Ronnie's the Sub?

Then again, the 40's version of the character kinda looked like Betty Page.

>really
I guess, if you're the kind of guy who likes to live on the edge by trying to continuously salvage the shallow and materialistic kind of relationship Veronica can provide, hoping that one day she'll finally learn to appreciate what she has (long from now would that date be, if ever). Dating Veronica is like playing an old arcade game: no ending or progression to achieve, just do your best at racking up the score until the moment you inevitably fuck up and the game is over, then you can brag to your friends about how high you scored. And if you've got quarters left, you can try again later.

Usually it's a phase every teenager goes through. After you get enough experience with relationships and maturity, you start realising that Betty is actually the best choice of both.

>Betty Cooper is clearly unstable and isn't getting the help she needs

I haven't watched the show but isn't that really how she is in Riverdale?

yep.

wtf did I just watch?

Betty and Veronica hijinks with Chuck Clayton while Ethel Muggs watches. Also the introduction of the major plot driver for the series (maple syrup).

mostly depending from the writer. and reform a bitch has always a particular chram.

dat legs

Betty "The Spook Nuke" Cooper

>"Betty, your ass looks so big and round in this swimsuit!"
>"Why are you insulting the suit!?"
>"!! ...uh, yes, insulting..."

Betty and Veronica should have been about the girls realizing they don't need that ginger creep and being happy together.

>you should expect to be held to the same expectations.

your partner having expectations of you and you having to work to simply be in a relationship are two completely different things

you don't have to work to be friends with someone so why should you have to work to be in a relationship with them

> (OP)
>She's never a straight-up bitch. Most of the time she hurts people just because she's inconsiderate

How is that not being a bitch?

Why not both?

Because it isn't really intentional. Cheryl is the bitch because when she hurts people she's fully aware of it. Veronica is more brutally honest and a bit of a ditz if anything.

>you don't have to work to be friends with someone
t. friendless person

You don't have to work to be someone's acquaintance, friends help each other out and make sacrifices for their friendship all the time. That line about "more than friends" describing lovers is bullshit. Lovers come and go and spouses end up hating each other, a childhood friend will last you all your life.

The most watered down pancake syrup ever.

I guess you've never had real maple syrup. It's actually quite thin.

Because for Archie it's not both, it's like 10 other different birds to choose from

I have a bottle on my shelf, it's still thicker than that stuff.

Ron's problem has always been her bouts of bitchyness.

Will they adapt this story on Riverdale?

Doubt it. Mud wrestling is seen as chauvinist. Old Archie comics were pretty red pilled. Every time Betty and Ronnie decided to work towards a feminist goal, they ended up looking like clowns.

bump for truth!

>truth
>posts dirty lies

>#3: 10c
>#62: 10c
WTF, is Archie Comics immune to inflation? Pic related is what the price you could buy more than one Betty for would be today.

Less pages.

A comic was 10 cents in 1939 but were anthologies with multiple stories and massive page counts. Instead of lowering prices page count was just cut until we have our current page count.

Hard to believe this was really popular with the ladies

Yeah Veronica's the kind of bitch who will cheat on you. Betty is the best waifu. She will be faithful to you no matter what.

>implying what girls like and what they say they like is even remotely similar

Either that, or she will skin you and make a suit out of it. That way you'll be forever together for sure.

I dunno, on one hand I could totally see her being faithful. But I could also see all her anticipation turning into disappointment and resentment when/if the relationship fails to live up to her expectations.

Like maybe she finally gets in the sack with Archie and he starts giving her weak dick. Or he just stays in place and lets Betty do all the work like in the "Archie takes advantage of Betty" comics.

Comics were 10 cents from the 30s until the early 60s

When will these price hikes end?

>Veronica is more brutally honest and a bit of a ditz
Veronica confirmed for autistic

Archie you fucking dog

i wanna fuck those arms

>clothes and food in one place
There's a fucking reason that's not a thing: you get stains all over your wares.

No, she's just spoiled. A combination of people grinning and bearing it when she demeans them due to her wealth and status and a side-effect of snobbishness which makes her think that her truthful opinion is worth more to the person she imparts it on than feeling good about themselves.

Not to mention the smell. Everyone loves a blouse that smells perpetually of burger grease and fries.