Can we have a thread to discuss movies that have slipped under the radar through the years...

Can we have a thread to discuss movies that have slipped under the radar through the years?I feel like there are many artistic features that simply get ignored by the mainstream media and unfairly fade into obscurity,can we have a moment to talk about these so their existence can be spread and more people can appreciate them?
I personally really liked Long Way North
>youtube.com/watch?v=pW7JDw2Qimo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RjbwHTaraww
youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=S6P2taebXgc
youtube.com/watch?v=gxvyaapBcq4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoShLRl5sQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thanks for sharing this, had no idea about it. seems like a good movie. i dont really have anything to add maybe War of the Worlds: Goliath was not great but i think it was still a watchable

Really cool movie, Sacha a cute.

Also, Secret of Kells is one of the best animation movies I've ever seen and I rarely see anyone talking about it.

that the same studio as long way north?

I don't think so, but Scret of Kells was basically one big collab so maybe Long Way North's studio had a hand in it, I dunno.

why didn't anyone like the red turtle?

the illusionist animation

Not,but pretty sure its the same studio as song of the sea
youtube.com/watch?v=RjbwHTaraww

youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8&t=3s

This film is a masterpiece

Most of these.

If I had to sell the idea of animated films as a medium instead of a genre to a normie, I'd probably start by showing them The Congress.

It was a bitch to find both the movie and subtitles but I'm glad I found it.

It's one of the few random movies recommended to my by the internet that I broke down and paid money to rent. Worth every penny.

youtube.com/watch?v=S6P2taebXgc

This one too. I enjoyed it more than Kells

Triplets of Belleville

t-thats so so perfect

OP you posted what i probably would have posted, but heres another great animated feature from france that i think really needs more attention.

as far as "under the radar" goes im not sure how well this one applies, but regardless i think this movie is disgustingly underappreciated especially in this age of superhero movies every other month.

The director of LWNorth worked in Kells. But its not the same studio.

Not feature length, but this one's very good and relatively unknown I think. There are a couple other good opera adaptations from this series too.

youtube.com/watch?v=gxvyaapBcq4

fucking A user, that movie was awesome. Really wish more like it, or more of it, would come out.

And since Mexican animation is getting popular, I'm putting this masterpiece here.

this one is pretty fun

I will never not be mad that Big Hero 6 won the oscar over Song of the Sea and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.

This was pretty decent, it had some really nice looking scenes.

G-got a mega? the movie looks amazing but finding a copy is basically impossible.

If we allow shorts then this one is a must-see:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoShLRl5sQE