What other characters would come close to Hawkman's backstory fuckery if you had to describe their history?

What other characters would come close to Hawkman's backstory fuckery if you had to describe their history?

I nominate Scott Summers as a contender.

Donna Troy

Wonder Woman

Not memeing

Kang

Easy. She is either born of clay or the daughter of a god. And ultimately doesn't matter.

Next.

You can do that to Hawkman to, but it doesn't mean he has a straightforward backstory

>He's either an alien space cop or a reincarnated Egyptian spirit.

Or both.

It runs deeper than that. Even his alter egos are a mishmash of different origins. It's a gordian knot.

Donna Troy wins, hands-down.

Power Girl and Hawkman are roughly tied, both well behind Donna.

I don't think Marvel has anything close to these, because Marvel hasn't had a continuity clusterfuck like the way Crisis of the Infinite Earths was handled.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Crisis. But for the life of me I don't know how you say "lets have a series that completely rewrites our continuity" then *wing continuity for years* after the event. Mebbe flesh out some draftwork beforehand, you know?

>I don't think Marvel has anything close to these
Ms/Captain Marvel is about as close as you can get

Just wait for the Cap Marvel movie. It'll get even messier.

Kang literally make no sense at all. and to fuck with everyone he had over a dozen kids and named them all Marcus....

>I don't think Marvel has anything close to these

I'm not that familiar with Donna's backstory but... is her shit even more clusterfuck-ish than Cable's?

>He's either an alien space cop or a reincarnated Egyptian spirit.

Reincarnation means he could have been both at different times, I really fail to see the issue. Main point is that he remembers a lot of his previous lives.

And fights crime with a big mace. And doesn't wear a shirt.

Is Captain America's history gonna be as fucked up now?

Didn't George Foreman do something like that. Does (WE WUZ) Kang have a low fat grill on the market?

>I nominate Scott Summers as a contender
His story is pretty straightforward without any retcons to him, on the other hand... The summers family...

Superman

donna troy and probably hawk&dove after that whole armageddon 2001 fiasco

not tree’ Mobius strip

He time-clones himself by time traveling. And Immortus is a possible future self if he lives that long. The only thing that actually upends Kang continuity is Iron Lad. Everything else makes enough sense based on Marvel's fucky time travel rules.

Again, straightforward outside of time travel being confusing and ill-defined in Marvel. Stryfe should've ceased to exist altogether at least half a dozen times. Cable himself has only died officially once that I can remember, and even then, I haven't read X-Men between Age Of X and what little bit of present stuff I've bothered with. I just assumed current Cable jumped to 616 from a previous "future stay" prior to his death in Second Coming.

WE

fuck off

He's also a couple egyptian pharoh's and the Scarlett Centurion. There are also 2 Rivana's, one that WAS a daughter of Thanos somehow...Also is a decedent of Nathaniel Richards who is also Nathaniel Richards.

>Scott Snmmers

WTF? Not even close. Scott's story is pretty straightforward.

Donna Troy is probably even more fucked up than Hawkman. Hawkman is just a meme at this point.

Superman and Wonder Woman also became pretty convulted.

Also Doom a little bit