Why is Rick so depressed?

Why is Rick so depressed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gr9Ad1XpIIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Szechuan sauce.

Literally this

because s3 isn't out yet

Is the Szechuan sauce the elixir that will allow him to accomplish time travel and save his wife and daughter from a fatal explosion in that one timeline?

he know's he's a character in a show and that he is not a member of base reality

He simply knows too much and it causes an existential pain which he's unable to overcome.

>wife left him
>hated by nearly everyone
>pushes away the few who tolerate/love him
>surrounded by morons to varying degrees

Meh.

Shut the fuck up you massive faggot.
This is the most retarded shit I've seen all day, I could still make that claim if I'd fucking spelunked in the sewers behind a 'tard school.
How much lead were you given to lick up on as a child to make you this much of a disappointment?

because he's in a shitty show with a shitty fandom that constantly draws him fucking is own grandson

I think if he was able to know about disgusting rule 34 in a forth-wall breaking way he'd find it funny or ignore it. He's got a pretty strong stomach.

But because he's a 2-d doodle is r34 like photorealistic from his point of view or what?

would you corrupt a morty with fear to the point he's your obedient servant in every sense, but still waiting for the day he will rebel and ultimately kill you?

stop being so fucking autistic

his fanbase

Because he's a dick who everyone hates, which makes his life miserable. I think that'd get to just about anybody.

Born with shit depression genes.

Chill out dude this is suppose to be bully free forum

he's the smartest thing in the universe but life is meaningless

Because he knows for a fact that despite all of his intelligence, he can never really solve the problems that matter most to him.

He tried fighting back. It didn't work.

He tried running away from his problems, but he is getting too old to keep running and he can't outrun being lonely as fuck.

He keeps himself busy working on his little projects and with the occasional bout of multiversal debauchery, but he's fooling himself and he knows it. In the heat of the moment he can forget about it, but whenever it catches up to him it catches up hard.

Nah, even though he's a blatant sociopath that's supposed to be written as amoral he's still somewhat of a moralfag. I'm sure he'd get pretty upset.

Actually, trying to estimate a character's emotional reaction and basing it off of previous behavior and stated beliefs of the character is kind of the opposite of autism spectrum disorders, where an individual cannot comprehend and doesn't care about the opinions and feelings of others.
Try again buddy, you can do better.

he's getting bald

>Watching your wife and daughter get blown away
>not a cause for depression

>he actually thinks it happened
You should be shot out of an airlock.

>Implying it didn't

It explains EVERYTHING

>Bullying on the internet
Pull the other one mate

It didn't

Because nihilism lol

Because nearly everyone hates him and he hates himself. He's also the smartest being in the multiverse and believes life is unimportant.

If there is another reason, then Roiland and co will probably reveal it at some point.

>'tard
Was it that hard to say the full word.

>Hates himself
>Unable to form strong bonds with others without keeping them at arm's leangth or having his personality overtake theirs
>Probably saw/did a ton of fucked shit fighting the government.

If "ignorance is bliss", what's the opposite?

I don't know why he's depressed but I love angst and drama so I want to see more of it
I also want to see Morty suffer a lot

All these things are his fault though

He wants to die but is too much of a coward to pull the trigger.

sometimes people self destruct and make things worse when they have themselves

*hate

He drinks to numb the pain he feels whenever he realizes what a shitty parent he was/is.

Its also to help him forget the many cosmic horrors and terrifying truths he's encountered, things man was never meant to know.

He's just not happy. Instead of doing the bullshit stop and reexamining of his habits and trying to better himself, he just numbs and trudges on. Plenty of ppl are self destructive. He just has gotten comfortable in it.

He is smart, very few people are his equal so he pushes them away both naturally and deliberately. To fight his loneliness he does drugs and parties, but it just a temporary sacrifice to a void that can't be filled.

Nah I am fucking with you, it's the Szechuan sauce.

>He is smart, very few people are his equal so he pushes them away both naturally and deliberately
He don't seem to care about intelligence as he couldn't stand Zeep and other Ricks.

He thought they were stupider than him.

Goddamn it you Boco, you fat Jew, it's dumber. Why are you so stupid?

Wouldn't both work?

And hey! I'm not Jewish.

Hence why he's depressed

all the idiots in this threat that can discuss Reddit and Memey very deeply on reddit but they try to shill the show here because they feel obligated by their autism.

Calm down he's just a Redditor.

Knowledge is power!

At your favorite schoolhouse, Schoolhouse Rock!

>things man was never meant to know.
people unironically believe knowledge like that exists

this

ignorance is bliss

yup

alcoholism is an after effect of smartness in his case

His butthole cannonicly doesn't work anymore due to sneaking seeds through intergalactic spaceport security.

Its an existential thing.

Maybe cause he knows all his existence is meaningless and everything he do doesn't matters. His life is empty, his wife is no longer with him, he is an alcoholic and a idiot, he push away everyone who tries to help him and he hate himself because of that.
Rick is a toxic person, and he need real help, but first he need to accept all his faults and let the other people to join in his life for good.

It happened

Only he was the dark suited rick and not the young rick, he blew up that rick''s family because he was jealous of his happiness.

Because he's an asshole and he deserves it.

close. the only people smart enough to have a decent conversation with hare Ricks. We all know that Ricks are assholes. That leaves Rick very alone.

Not caring about the emotions of others is a trait of sociopathy, not autism.

You're talking out your arse

Because he knows he's on a show who's only expression of humor is "flubba dubba poopoopeepee! Haha *burp* morty don't u kno that life is le ebic mesningless and le atheism XD omg im so *burp* DRUNK le mega epic"

Scenario 1:

He knows that he's a destructive influence on his friends and family, but he cannot live without his friends and family - forever torn between his need to live with his loved ones, and the knowledge that it is a selfish need because his loved ones would be better off without him.

Scenario 2: He knows he's a fake character in a cartoon show who's forced to keep doing dumb shit like a carnival dancing bear to entertain horrible elder evils that would cancel his show and utterly annihilate his entire multiverse in an instant.

Scenario 3: Both scenarios, for a double whammy.

>It explains EVERYTHING

That was the point, Rick made up a fake story that explained everything so he could trick the federation agent.

It's being worked on. My daughter knows Justin and she's seen some of the rough cuts.

He is also a liar

Ah the old reverse nintendo dad.

He's too smart to be happy

Literally none of you faggots including me are Rick

She gave me an autographed figure of Jerry for father's day.

post pics or it's not real

Yes, creating a fake story is a lot like lying.

I'm pretty certain that he knows of his flaws, but doesn't care anymore and knows it's too late.

Rear view.

Hope you feel proud to be the equivalent

That's not what I meant, and you know it.

Aw, that's sweet of her. Look at this user, living a life with a loving daughter. Brings a tear to my eye.

Wait a minute, why the fuck are you still on Sup Forums?

I'm an oldfag sonny.

>I'm gonna say that I don't care, not that I can't, that will win me the argurment!
>even though both arguments hold the same weight.

Seeing the reality of a true infinite worlds multiverse would probably drive any man to drink.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gr9Ad1XpIIk
why wouldn't he be depressed?

well, can we get info on these rough cuts?

>If you do think about it, there's a chance you'll just end up like Rick and that's absurd
>Implying that's not the highest form of enlightenment
This guy's excuse is that we should distract ourselves with forms of escapism and minuscule purpose because the truth is too hard to grasp? What a fucking LOSER.

no it just tastes good and he can't have it anymore

>Seeing the reality of a true infinite worlds multiverse would probably drive any man to drink.
Don't you mean that living in an infinite worlds universe designed to eternally torture the inhabitants invented by a fat old man and an ADHD crazy to entertain millions of braindead millenials kept barely alive by an horrid council of [AS] executives would probably drive any man to drink?

No, it's that coming to terms with the futility of existence leaves you empty and you should probably do something better with your time.

That's kind of the point...

classical op character goes borderline suicidal and becomes risk addicted because he cant lose archetype

Because he's a shitty self-insert for Dan Harmon's ego.

She said Just joked they didn't have an NDA, but they had a "friend D A", so she didn't say much. I saw a quick vid of a black and white storyboard, but I couldn't tell what was going on other than Rick giving Beth a fist bump (their backs to the camera)

I'm screenshotting that

He can casually visit sex planets at will, the fuck it would.

Sex gets boring, especially if you are just mindlessly humping people you don't know. x2 multiplier for seeking out as a deliberate distraction. Hedonism is harder than it looks.

But in an allegedly infinite universe, there is literally no end to the distracting hedonism you can find/participate in. If he really hates life so much, he'd just travel from universe to universe satisfying increasingly bizarre and degenerate desires until he died. Whenever people throw around the "infinite realities" theory they never seem to realize the full implications of it. If there really *is* an infinite number of realities, there's one that will make him happy.

He straight up admitted it was a fake memory he used as a trap, which was the only reason he was able to alter small elements like what the code was. Because it was completely fabricated. You 100% took the wrong message from that sequence. It was Harmon poking fun at the kind of "This is how Rick became Rick! This is why he's like this!" storytelling.

i hate absurdist philosophy it is just so depressing

That's what I keep telling my therapist.

that and it just makes the show not fun. it is just sad and heavy handed with it's absurdist philosophy.

me too but therapists are usually secular jews or modern liberalists who all hold these philosophies close. some sort of metaphysics is what you need or the embracing of the idea of existance as a mystery that we are slowly solving. mystery because it opens to the possibility to good as well as bad as we do not know

Achmed BTFO. Take your bronze age death cult belief and fuck off back to 10000BC.

huh, i just find it sad why is that bad. they never end with the whole "life is meaningless and i am sad" joke it gets old pretty quick.