TLJ bombed in China, and why it's a good thing for Star Wars

This is the least interesting movie in the past year, but we keep having to discuss it.

Star Jews is dead. Leave it buried. Spit on its grave.

star wars ruined /tv for me. Star wars is not the most important shit in the cinema, its just like capeshit at this point

well, atleast we stopped discussing the new Avengers trailer and Black panther. So we switch between Star wars and Marvel and DC.

Capeshit is better because it started with dogshit comics and built on them successfully, star wars had a great world and destroyed it

Well, it's sort of remained an on-going story because of all the damage control over its poor reception. As soon as the conversations died down out comes this jokey de-feminized fan edit and suddenly everyone loses their god damn shit again.

>Movie about rebels fighting an authoritarian regime flops in an authoritarian country
WHAT
A
SURPRISE

SINO NEED THE KINO

Sup Forums was even worse in 2015 with TFA, especially since the fanboys considered it “good”. It will blow over in the next month or so.

i have a solution
Lets post in every new Star Wars thread how we tired of Star wars shit IN GENERAL.
and
make non-star wars threads!

Sorry but this website isn't like your favourite site reddit

>a shitty movie make 700 million less than the previous one everyone because it's shit
woah

Holy shit, you're not even memeing.

How much money do they spend on these shills?

Good.
Chinese have the absolutely worst taste in everything out of any human being on the planet.
So it's good future Star Wars films won't try to cater to them.

Yes it's almost as if WB shills keep making the same threads every day in an effort to undermine Disney.

DUH FAMINIST LIBRALS ROOND MUH STURR WURZ

star wars no longer has to try to appeal to the massive china plebs who loved the warcraft movie and XXX 3.

You think Star wars will no longer cater to white feminists either? I get we won't get any chinkfu or Donnie Yen in the future, but can we get rid of Mary sues as well?

Warcraft was shit but much better than TLJ. I haven't seen XXX 3 so I can't comment

Star Wars was dead since the prequels because already by then the production companies refused to get their heads out of their asses and understand that the average Star Wars fan had gotten older, the generation born even in the early 90s did not care that much for Star Wars. Which is why the prequels genuinely had well written aspects such as the Rise of Sheev combined with complete utter nonsense for the kids such as Jar Jar Binks etc. The new trilogies is basically this on steroids Disney's refusal to understand that newer generations truly do not give a fuck about Star Wars.

These sequels were catering to younger generations of kids fed with capeshit all their lives and trying to capture the female millenial demographic. at the same time they wanted to cash out on old fags one last time by bringing the old cast and then telling them to fuck off elsewhere, star wars is for millenials and feminists. You can't please evryone but you can piss everyone and Disney did that masterfully

>TLJ made sub 1 million dollars this Wednesday

lmao

Who fucking wanted the sequels to be much rebels vs empire anyways? Mousketeers claim it was necessary but I never saw anyone pining for it.

Don't forget the Russians

It was the lamest thing to do. Imagine if the sequels were some intimate family conflict involving force users on a small scale. But then, there wouldn't be stromtroopers,, AT-ATS, space battles, death stars, things I nknow. The fags at Disney wanted to cash in on nostalgia but they killed the golden goose.

I'm imagining scientists in labcoats running around Disney's Human R&D Department, going from big 1950's wall computers to print outs, scratching their heads in bewilderment over how their carefully designed Star Wars™ film got utterly btfo'd by a weird foreign rom-com sequel. The lead scientist hestitantly shows the results to the Disney suits. One of whom takes a long drag on his cigarette and mutters under his breath "it's The Mermaid all over again".

Does anyone have a picture of the chink pepe without the wojak?

>NI HAO

What I don't get is did Disney fail with their reconnaissance or are they just delusional that they believe they can basically replicate this with the new trilogy and I mean that not just in the sense of Star Wars.

You're missing the point: there is a culture war being fought right now, with propaganda on one side, and online and sometimes financial resistance on the other.

>WE ARE LOSING A CULTURE WAR WE STARTED WORLDWIDE BUT HERE'S WHY IT'S A GOOD THING

The modern left aren't going to make it through the 21st Century.

History is basically just a endless cycle you know the 80s as a era basically denounced everything the mid 60s-70s stood for

Nietzsche was right with Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Don't be surprised in the next 10-15 years if the most radical nut jobs of the current left end up being the futures radical evangelical and Jehovah witness nut jobs because that's basically what happened with the radical hippies.

>It's another star wars thread
shoo