Seriously. I've been a lifelong Spider-Man fan my entire life & because of my prior knowledge if the comics...

Seriously. I've been a lifelong Spider-Man fan my entire life & because of my prior knowledge if the comics, I HATED Homecoming. This is by far the least comic book accurate Spider-Man movie ever. There are so many liberties taken with the source material: even important characters like Mary Jane are not off-limits. Peter himself was an annoying little kid. I've NEVER seen Spider-Man/Peter portrayed so laughably childish. No, Ultimate Spider-Man was not as gullible & kiddie as him. When Aunt May finds out his secret It's played as a gag! One of the most emotional scenes in the comics is played as a JOKE in this movie. That's all you need to know about it.
I'm tired of these reviews praising this movie & saying it's "Lee & Ditko off the pages" gtfo with that. This movie couldn't be further from the source material.

At least is vulture good?

Oh hell no.
His daughter is Mary Jane.

>"Lee & Ditko off the pages"

Who the fuck is saying this? I'm lookin forward to Homecoming, but that's a big stretch to say it's anything Lee / Didtko inspired

Try asking your friends at Reddit

>not muh

Nice blog nerd, that's what you get for wasting your life with a terrible hobby like reading amerifat cape comics

>he likes something I don't!
>REEEEEE!

You're attitude seems to fit Reddit better than mine

You didn't even watch the movie. Stop trolling.

INCORRECT

bitch, you didn't even see the movie.

Only place I've seen that is here, no one anywhere else has any idea who Ditko is.

>adaptation is different from source material

What did you expect? Fuck off dumbass

As summing this is your first Spidey movie, how informative is it to new audiences?

>LOL, she's totally not Mary Jane. She's MJ!

Fuck off.

>When Aunt May finds out his secret It's played as a gag! One of the most emotional scenes in the comics is played as a JOKE in this movie.

Please no.....

Stop! I'm going to be made to watch this in a weeks time! Let it be good! Let it be GOOOOOOOD!

Not very, and it's not.

They don't show how he got his powers, Nor do they explain it.

Vulture's daughter is Liz Allan.

The problem is, it was less of an adaptation, and more of shitting on the source material

Its not about liking something or not. Its about being so uninformed about what you are comparing. Its like saying Tim Story FF is Lee/Kirby FF off the page.

>They don't show how he got his powers, Nor do they explain it.

I'd say this is the only good thing.

Well, I /would/ say it, if I didn't see a video on youtube not to long ago asking how Spider-Man could have gotten his powers if Oscorp isn't present. If you guessed Comicbookcast2, you are correct!

seems like it was a good movie regardless though

Your formattig watches reddit

But that's wrong too. Peter tells Ned he got powers from being bitten by a spider "a long time ago".

There's even a joke where Ned asks Peter if he gets powers too if Peter bites him.

>let's make white characters brown because Brooklyn
>even though Spiderman is from Queens
>sh-shut up racists black lives matter

Make it stop...

>They don't show how he got his powers, Nor do they explain it.
Fuck them. Movies should be able to stand on their own and actually tell you about teh character. HOW ARE KIDS SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS SHIT!?!?!?

I wouldn't give a shit if all the characters weren't bastardizations of the ones from the comics. I mean, fuck, they didn't even try.

Who said Oscorp isn't a thing?

It's not. At least not yet.

Oscorp will be featured in Venom, which won't have anything to do with Spider-Man.

Not that it matters, which Oscorp doesn't actually play a role in his canon origin story. Just Armin being a moron again.

Mary Jane is black

We already knew this

Oscorp not being named doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We just had the TASM movies that were all about an Oscorp conspiracy, you think they would dive into that again right into this second reboot?

She's not Mary-Jane, bro.

So are people gonna think Shocker has lightning powers now?

is that bane?

VULTURE'S
DAUGHTER
IS
LIZ
ALLEN

Was delivering pizzas part of your plan?

>She's not Mary Jane! She's my original OC, MJ!
It's Mary Jane.
And it's because of her existence that the real white red-haired Mary Jane can't show up now.

I think what pisses me off the most about this is the super dumbed down, PC Spider-Man may mean we wont get any of the good stories of Spider-Man on screen.

>No Kraven's Last Hunt
>No Death of Jean DeWolff
>No Grim Hunt

Fuck, it hurts.

We can clearly see the gauntlet and the Shockwave pushing Spidey back. And casuals have always thought Shocker had lightening based powers, the like 3 dozen Shocker fans know better.

Kraven is Sony's fault

Sony is literally trying to make a Kraven solo movie without Spider-Man.

And a Mysterio solo movie with out Spider-Man.

And a Venom solo movie without Spider-Man.

And a Black Cat/Silver Sable movie without Spider-Man.

To start the Spider-Man Minus Spider-Man Expanded Universe.

Because fuck you that's why.

It won't fucking sell

>Black Cat movie without Spider-Man

>Venom movie without Spider-Man.

Fucking how?

Spider-man is such a flanderized character at this point. I just can't take him seriously anymore.

Through bullshit and forced writing.

I blame Ultimate Spider-Man and One More Day.

>everyone takes the bait

Summer is real.

>Guy has opinion
>OH IT'S Sup Forums's fault! No, it's Sup Forums! It's always Sup Forums! NO WAIT IT'S TUMBLR OR SUMMER OR ETC.
God you're insufferable.

it's fucking over. we've literally lived long enough to see Batman, superman, AND Spider-man ruined on film. How the fuck do you do that? The core concept of these characters is not hard to grasp.

Oh and spider-man sucks on comic and cartoon form too.

All i know is that whatever I'll end up thinking of the movie it will be fucking impossible to discuss here

That goes for every post-"Avengers" cape movie.

Why the fuck would you ever expect movie adaptations of those stories? Are you retarded?

>a lifelong Spider-Man fan my entire life
As opposed to a lifelong Spider-Man fan who only recently became a fan?

This is a fucking week old copypasta.

She's literally (((MJ)))

Not as insufferable as you, faggot.

Poor attempt OP

Because they're good.

>This is by far the least comic book accurate Spider-Man movie ever.
No one cares. No one has ever cared. No one will ever care.

I know it's never going to happen, but I would love to see an adaptation of Book of Ezekiel with Morlun as the villain.

Liz is Vulture daughter and Michele Jones is MJ.
>we will never see Mary Jane or Gwen or Felicia
Sony or Disney fault?

I'd say Sony, but Marvel agreed to it.

They also came after years of established lore and would lose most of their charm if rushed out for no good reason

Except of DeWolff that is, that simply wouldn't happen because both her and the Sin-eater are too obscure. The latter is mostly known for indirectly causing Venom and that's it

>We just had the TASM movies that were all about an Oscorp conspiracy

That's directly from Down Among The Dead Men, which was also the main plot in Spectacular Spider-man.

>even if it is good I probably won't be able to enjoy it since I'll inevitably be thinking about how it's nothing like the Spider-man adaptation that I hoped for
I wish it had been bad.
The only thing more painfull than a bad adaptation that stomps on the source material is a good adaptation that does exactly the same.

I don't think about it that much, they focused more on Peter's parents subplot which was more from USM

Didn't they drop that for the most part?

True, but Oscorp being the main source of villains is established.

No, but it was going to be worse.

The original idea was to have Oscorp know about Peter's origin and powers, his father was going to be more important and it was going to be something about him making experiments on his own son.

They dumbed it down a little, and made that Richard used his own blood to create the spiders, so Peter's blood is compatible, hence why Peter didn't become some goblin dude like Harry.

>Implying you can't just build off the fact that everyone has seen the last Spider-Man films and establish Spider-Man's been around for a while in the MCU.

Making him a teenager was a mistake.

But that's not really relevant to since they never used it.

What do you mean? They dropped it now because shit was rebooted, but in the TASM movies it was the main force driving the plot so Sinister Six could happen quickly

No, that's stupid, especially because you'd need forced bullshit reasons to explain why he didn't pop up before with all the shit going on in NY

And that still wouldn't resolve the tension issue, i don't fucking care if you make a Last Hunt movie and made Peter a veteran off screen, just like how i didn't give a fuck about Batfleck being a depressed old fuck

Not to mention you fucking autists are still ignoring the biggest reason the movie is focusing so much on the school/teenage setting: to feel fresh, both as Spider-reboot and as MCU movie, to help you justify the ticket, because USM is incredibly popular, etc.

Did it work? I don't fucking know, i haven't seen it, but reviewers seem to agree since so many are saying the school setting was almost more interesting than the heroics

But after all it's fucking Marvel, damned if they do damned if they don't, if they made a more "traditional" adult Spidey you'd either bitch that they ripped off the older movies or that they made just another Iron Man

No, the idea was always that only Peter was compatible due to Richard's experiments. But OsCorp would have known and engineer the accident so Norman could acquire a sample from Peter's blood and synthetize a cure. But it would malfunction and turn him into the Green Goblin.

>No, that's stupid, especially because you'd need forced bullshit reasons to explain why he didn't pop up before with all the shit going on in NY

Nigger, do you not know how big New York is? Especially when the battle focused on a /specific/ part of New York? You do realize he could have still be saving people from Chitari attacks, right?

>And that still wouldn't resolve the tension issue, i don't fucking care if you make a Last Hunt movie and made Peter a veteran off screen, just like how i didn't give a fuck about Batfleck being a depressed old fuck

I don't give a fuck what you care about.

>Not to mention you fucking autists are still ignoring the biggest reason the movie is focusing so much on the school/teenage setting: to feel fresh, both as Spider-reboot and as MCU movie, to help you justify the ticket

>Spider-Man reboot

>Fresh.

You're funny. It's gonna come across that way either way, at least by you cutting out the bullshit people wont constantly meme about Uncle Ben getting shot or "going through the same shit again". All the things that happened in the previous movies happened here as well, just off screen.

>because USM is incredibly popular

There's that meme again.

>Did it work? I don't fucking know, i haven't seen it, but reviewers seem to agree since so many are saying the school setting was almost more interesting than the heroics

>Trusting reviewers opinions before a movie comes out.

They mean jack shit until it's released to the public typically.

> if they made a more "traditional" adult Spidey you'd either bitch that they ripped off the older movies

Define what you consider 'traditional' Spider-Man, because it's nothing like Iron Man.

looks like Injustice 2

I don't care if it's realistic, it would still feel like an asspull, because it would be one

And i didn't mean traditional Spiderman is Iron Man, re-read my post, i said some would call it an IM ripoff because they do it with literally every solo MCU movie except Cap's

>I don't give a fuck what you care about
If you don't want to hear conflicting opinions then stop posting anytime, faggot

OP, have you even seen the movie? Or are you just basing your childish rage on reviews?

!>If you don't want to hear conflicting opinions then stop posting anytime, faggot
Ha!

What makes me mad is they didn't even try to get an attractive replacement. MJ is supposed to be a goddamn bombshell, and this Zendaya chick is frumpy as hell. She doesn't even have MJ's signature huge tits.

Also, she looks like Jaden Smith.

If they didn't want to use MJ as the love interest why'd they rewrite her as a snarky black girl?

I mean, if you want to use a different love interest altogether, make it Black Cat or something.

She's not the love interest, Liz is.

>I don't care if it's realistic, it would still feel like an asspull, because it would be one

How the fuck is "He was in another part of New York" and asspull? Do you not know how big New York is?

>And i didn't mean traditional Spiderman is Iron Man, re-read my post, i said some would call it an IM ripoff

Yeah, but you're implying there's a comparison already. Peter isn't reliant on tech (no matter how bad Slott wants to meme it) as the others that are currently in the MCU, so in what way is traditional Spider-Man like Iron Man?

>except Cap's

Traditional Spider-Man is a lot more like Cap than Iron Man tbqf

>If you don't want to hear conflicting opinions then stop posting anytime, faggot

You miss my point, your entire argument for why Peter shouldn't already have been an established hero was that you don't care.

Don't forget that they never reference Cap in the early movies directly. And Cap was a fucking massive cultural icon in-universe.

I could totally see Spidey being a relatively obscure street level hero to start with. Maybe Pete's job at the Bugle would lead to him becoming more well known?

The madmen actually did it. They mocked the Shocker. Add one more travesty to the fuckin pile.

why are you idiots trying so hard to make this movie look bad

na i dont think so

Yeah it got bad CGI and some token minorities but so was WW and was still pretty enjoyable

nobody needs to try to make it look bad, the movie is shit all on its own.
see

Exactly, user must thing Spider-Man is fucking Superman or something.

We don't have to try very hard.

>Yeah it got bad CG
you mean the unfinished trailers

you are this mad at a magazine cover how retarded are you

looks like you are look at the story OP made

Now where did I leave my pipe?

>Now where did I leave my potency?

Once a day, folks

stop raping my spiderman

>We need to show Peter Parker being bitten by a spider and Batman's parents getting gunned down in every single movie.

Or stop making reboots

If it's the first movie serving as an introduction to the character, absolutely. Are you retarded? Like seriously, are you so mentally damaged that you can't see that? Think about other individuals who don't have your knowledge. That didn't get Spider-Man the animated series. That didn't watch the Raimi or Webb movies. They NEED an origin story. Doesn't have to be long, but if it's just glossed over these movies will only create drones of fans that think they're top shit when they're missing out on key character information. Watching a Spider-Man movie and not knowing who Uncle Ben is a fucking slap in the face to the audience.

This.

EVERYONE knows the story already.