So they're not just a Justice League knockoff, but a Super Sentai knockoff as well? They are color-coded, after all

So they're not just a Justice League knockoff, but a Super Sentai knockoff as well? They are color-coded, after all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rdr1TliOM1Y
dccomics.com/blog/2016/04/14/naming-super-man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They haven't done flashy poses yet

can't wait for anther human green lantern

I think it hinted at it being a pseudo Green Lantern using holographic Earth tech in one issue where they mentioned an entire Academy of them

Would it really be a "human green lantern" if the ring is not an actual green lantern ring? This is a slippery slope where you'd start calling heroes like The Ray "human green lantern"s despite just having light powers.

Snek Wondy is super cute.

WW's color is relevant to her nature though, it's not just to have a green member

Indeed.
Well, Alan is an exception since his powers comes from the Guardians anyways

Is the speedster tied to the speedforce btw? I stopped reading NSM

I really hope it would be the Green Lantern from the Tangent Universe which has been on Earth 1 since Infinite Crisis.

Eh WW was green snake before they ever decided to give her a green costume for the team. Omen just decided to roll with the idea of each member using different colors after her.

Avery Ho first appeared in the Rebirth Flash arc. She was one of the only speedsters affected by the Speedforce not to get her powers drained

The speedster actually originated from a Flash rebirth issue. She was one of the people affected by the speedforce storm that was created by Black Hole. So yes, she's a legit speedforce user.

Would 8 be the best number of members for the team since they have octagons as their emblems?

>human green lantern

Why people always bitch about this? It's not like there are no alien green lanterns, i think is normal for a team from earth to have earth members.
Bat-Family is huge but no one complains, without counting the lot of Supermen and Flashes

At least this time that GL won't be American.

There are only supposed to be 7200 green lanterns at any given time.

Earth has 5 of them. Given how vast the universe is, that's an amazingly high number of earth green lanterns.

Not to mention we have 2 pink lanterns and a red one (granted that one isn't human).

DCAU had this one Asian Green Lantern from the future.
One problem, he's from Tibet

>Earth has 5 of them
bullshit user
we have 7 if you include Alan

6 actually, even 7 if you count Scott

And well, earth do have another lantern technically Volthoom

I dunno about the numbers but beside from Hal and Alan all the others were replacement and first
Also wasnt earth like the center of the universe or at least the place were the life comes from? Sounds like a special place

Earth is the center of the multiverse.

>able to do cool shit like this
>99% of the time it's baseball bats and giant boxing gloves

>99% of the time it's baseball bats and giant boxing gloves
This is Guy you are talking about

Yeah but there are special circumstances surrounding most of them, so only two of them count towards the 7200 at any given time.

It can be presumed there were "reserve" members on other worlds like Guy and John that we just don't see.

Do they even have sentai in China

Will Chinese Aquaman be a mutated gish cause of how dirty the water is ?

They have Armor Hero
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdr1TliOM1Y

If Wonder-Woman is already green, wouldn't it be really repetitive for Green-Lantern to be green as well?

>Super-Man = Red
>Bat-Man = Blue
>Wonder-Woman = Green
>The-Flash = Purple
>Green-Lantern = ???
>Aqua-Man = ???

They should get someone from the sinestro corps. Someone non-human.

7, as in 7 soldiers. The 8th member is the people of china.

>Someone non-human.
So basically just keep up the Chinese angle

I understand that China makes knockoffs of American shit to sell to Americans or gullible 3rd parties....

But WHY would China have their national heroes be knockoffs of American Justice League?

I mean, I know the real reason is "DC writers are lazy as fuck", but what's the in-comic rationalization for the National heroes of China being rip-offs of a bunch of cultural Westerners?

Interesting idea... but it'd have to be someone with Chinese citizenship atleast. Maybe China owns a fallen lantern.

The same rationale for China to have a knockoff version of everything other people made.

China makes these things to sell to others, or so their poors can have shitty knockoffs.
Since Chinese middle-class has grown, their shoppers are insisting on the genuine article.

That has nothing to do with making your nation's supermen dress up like Western heroes. The vigilantes in particular would be an anathema to Chinese culture.

They actually acknowledge this in the comic.
China's National Heroes The Great Ten (based on Chinese culture and mythology) are seen as outdated by the government while the leader of the Ten, August General in Iron, points out how the Justice League of China reinforce the idea that China is just one bootleg country

Who cares if they are bootlegs when they are BETTER

>Gene Yang is lazy
You ignorant motherfucker
dccomics.com/blog/2016/04/14/naming-super-man

There's an undertone that the JLA is a threat by way of having America in their name: they are an extension of America.

Rather than suffer vigilantes and/or be ill prepared for when America misuses its heroes, The Ministry of Self Reliance chooses to create and train their own heroes, as inspiration to their people and as countermeasures for Americas heroes.. It's not said explicitly but they even train Batmen in a GOTHAM sim

We just had a storyline of NSM too

What am I supposed to have taken from that?
So he gave him a decent Chinese name.
It's still a re-skin of Superman, of which DC has a wealth.

briefly explained in this page china's insecurity complex at work, they don't want a chinese superhero team, they want a justice league that's better than the justice league.

Earth has six of them and iirc the only one to have gotten his ring (and kept it) is John

>Hal lost his because of reasons and forged one from his own willpower
>I don't remember how Guy came back after being a Red Lantern. Even so Guy is technically an alien so there's that
>Jessica's if from another dimension
>Simon's is some weird fusion of Sinestro's and Hal's first one, so if anything Hal's ring is on Simon's finger
>Kyle didn't get his ring in the original way, he was given his by Ganthet, who presumably came to Earth looking for more Hals. Forgive me if I misremembered this since it's been like 2 decades

There are several who don't count, like Salaak or whatever who don't go on active patrols and members of the Corpse.

I don't Guy has been of alien descent for YEARS and Jessica has a regular ring as Power Ring died or...something I don't recall

He went out of his way to make him as genuine as possible.
He wants to make the comic feel as genuine.
There are references to Chinese culture and controversy within the title.
He himself didn't like the idea at first but realized what he could do with it.
>re-skin of Superman
Nigga, did you even read the book
He's not a Chinese Clark Kent

Personally I'd like a Chinese Red Lantern

Why not use her, so they can use the brand stuff further.

I want a Chinese Aquaman and a Plutonian Manhunter

No, use Jemm son of Saturn

The Red Saturnians were clones of Green Martians

Both Jess and Simon got real rings

>Not Plutonian Pusshunter

>fatman calling for more food
kek

Why is chinaman superman always eating?

They can't have two green people on the team when GL shows up. What's gonna happen to Deilan?

She could shed her skin and become a new White Snake

That's not how the folktale works at all.

nah, White Snake will be her rival if we ever get the series to live that long.

Because Chinese food is top tier, mong

How long will this series make it? 24 issues? 30?

>Rat and gutter oil
>Top tier

The stuff that Chinese prepare here to cater to Americans is pretty good (while generally being terrible for you).
Actual Chinese cooking is pretty rough.

They already said Omen didn't make an Aquaman

>not enjoying delicious chicken gizzards and pig tongue

Crab Rangoon and General's Chicken are to actual Chinese ethnic food what Pizza Rolls are to authentic Italian cuisine.

Yeah, but you can eat that shit at Soul food restaurants, no need to go to China to eat Poorz Food.

I'm sure after they had to deal with that multi-headed sea serpent, Omen started working on an Aqua-Man

Is this comic any good?
It looks pretty fun honestly.

You travel to other countries just to eat other food?

Unironically the best new character in at least 5 years of DC and probably all of the big 2.

yes there are storytimes up now if you want to try it yourself

I'm saying that you pretty much have to go to China to eat anything like authentic Chinese cooking. The bulk of which is nasty poverty food.

It's a fun teen hero storyline that's blunt about China.
It doesn't glorify or demonizes the country and its people.
It's honest about its faults but doesn't reach it to the point where it presents them as roaches

It's a Disney-fied turd polishing of modern China.

>you pretty much have to go to China to eat anything like authentic Chinese cooking
No you don't. Not at all.

Let's assume I don't have a Chinese auntie.

And to clarify, that's fine with me.
You won't see growing poverty and meth addiction figure into Clark's mythos either.

But it's a theme-park view of China at best, that makes the mildest of commentaries on China's problems.

WAIT?! chinese superman?

where'd he get his powers? what of actual superman?

Pretty much any significant metropolis has places.

Yeah I'd presume that the biggest coastal cities would have Chinese neighborhoods, but not really out here near St. Louis.

DC rebooted again and Superman is Chinese now

that's /m/ talk

at least concerning plastic robot models

Chinese government did some experiments or something. I don't know since they merged the 2 Supermans.

She didn't make one YET.

Also she didn't make the Flash of China

New 52 Superman died which resulted in New 52 Lois Lane as Superwoman, New 52 Lex trying to take the mantle out of sincere respect, Post Crisis Superman steeping out of the shadow, and China attempting to create their own Superman using energy residue from New 52 Superman's death

Baz in a cowboy hat is amazing. This needs to become a semi-regular thing.

Basically what happened after the death of superman, but without the weird red and blue supermen.

at some point it's going to change titles to Justice League of China

Why they kill New 52 superman? Why they do it as part of some super new event like Super Secret Crisis? Where is post crisis midrif Supergirl?

source my ass

Convergence and Rebirth

the source of your ass is your mom but why is that relevant, winston?

How can they use New 52 Superman's jizz if he been readjusted to not have died now?

Is this a giant stab at the Chinese and their inability to follow copyright? Because that's hilarious.

Did you bust a vessel in your brain typing that gibberish?

How did post Crisis Superman survive?

I mean Superman Reborn was kinda Red and Blue Clark and Lois

And Lana is Red Superwoman

Technically there are even more than that.

There was that Russian chick who got recruited by Kyle as he was reforming the Green Lantern Corps. As far I'm aware she never died but simply went kaput when Flashpoint happened and no one bothered to reintroduce her.

There was also Charles Vicker but he left the GL Corps to join the Darkstars and got killed by one of Darkseid's kids. Never really referenced again.

>and a red one (granted that one isn't human).
Did Rankorr get killed?

He's a hungry boy

Best book from Rebirth other then Deathstroke.