How does Sup Forums feel about the black nerd trope?

How does Sup Forums feel about the black nerd trope?

I am the black nerd, user.

It's very overused

This.

I had a bunch of black nerd friends growing up, so I can relate to it.

Surprisingly common in the south if you're a loser.

I was the token white guy in the group of black nerds, back in high school.

Highly problematic like all PoC stereotyping.

Surprised that very few of them are weebs, considering the prevalence of Black Weeaboos.

I chalk that up to normies still not fully getting this "annie may" thing.

Very common in 2000s.

An overplayed pick of well meaning bigots.

I can't remember the last ghetto ass weeaboo in media. Maybe Huey from the Boondocks or something from Philippe smith is closest.

It makes sense form a producer's standpoint. Black people legitimately terrify a lot of white America on a social level, and marketers can't stand shows with black protagonists, so making your diversity plant a nonthreatening black best friend is a good way to check off the diversity box without alienating your target audience.

Nothing about black characters in cartoons draws from reality. Most of the time they're basically just written as white people.

It's better than the black ghetto trash 'trope'. So it should continue.

I was gonna say the very same thing. Bonus points if the black weeb's favorite anime as a teen was Naruto, they own at least one "authentic" samurai sword, and claim to know martial arts.

I'd much rather see a black dork who thinks he's really cool character than just the Steve Urkel archetype over and over.

kinda racist

This. Gerald and his family are like some of the only black cartoon characters written as actual black people

We have a whole generation of kids who never even heard of Urkel

hate it. not nearly enough of them irl to justify the amount of representation they get in media. true nerds need to protect our culture from normie fuckery.

was fond of the ned's declassified character though

An every increasing reminder of the toxic whiteness that is taking over the media.

I'm surprised there aren't more black nerds in cartoons that look and act like Woolie. Huge black guys who look threatening at first, but then you find out they're huge dorks who do Kamen Rider poses in public.

>being this sheltered

Do you... how young are you? Does your mother let you go outside? Are you aware of what year we're in? Who's the current president?

A lie to make that low iq population feel included. Blacks have made zero contributions to the sciences and are non-existent in the computing field.

>Surprisingly common in the south if you're a loser.
Its common anywhere if you're a loser. Which is what these writers were as a kid

@93605584

>93605584

u

@newfag

Same.

Overused, but if the character's well written enough I'm alright with it

An overblown exception that only proves the rule.

Same actually

Same.

Uh hello yes, I am here

a

same

Most of the black guys I know have been varying levels of this. Someone else mentioned they have to be into anime to be realistic. Almost 100% of the black guys I met were into DBZ or Naruto or something.

Yep.

where is nerdyness celebrated in black culture? im sure there are numerous black nerds out there but all of them draw heavily from white culture.

you dont see anime forced to make white characters just because the medium is so popular in the west.
black nerds are disproportionately represented because of the fucked up pc culture being cultivated in the west in the last couple of decades.
ill accept the trope as soon as blacks cultivate their own nerd culture in the same way they have done with music and cinema.

Or something that proves generalities while having scientific value in observing traits across large populations fails to apply accurately on an individual basis. It highlights the ultimate failure of collectivist ideologies or other forms of central planning. A large amount of variety on a micro level can only properly account for on an individual level, by those who are actively involved and invested in their own lives and affairs.

Does the incredible nerdiness of rappers count? Also, black people are so culturally integrated into America at this point, why do they need to go and form their own subculture?

I feel like everything is a trope so nothing's really a trope
>smart black guy? black nerd
>dumb black guy? stupid nigger
>feminine girl? girly girl
>tomboy girl? rebellious punk
>ladies man? chad
>ladies scram? beta cuck
>straightship? M-MUH PROPAGANDAH
>gayship? M-MUN PROPAGANDAH

bonus if you know which 'archetype' you are

Oh I would if any of them were fucking good.

Except Kamala. Kamala a cute.

Where are nerds celebrated in WHITE culture, outside the normie-ized riffs you see in current blockbuster movie garbage?

There is no black nerd culture because there is no white nerd culture. It's just... nerd culture, there are just more black nerds in it now.

There's no aryan pride in being a socially awkward autistic virgin with an unhealthy obsession with media typically deemed infantile by society.

Idk where you live, but black nerd and weeaboo tends to be paired together.

The only thing that kind of sucks about being a black nerd is the amount of times I've heard from non-blacks of all races some version of "you're not REALLY black" or "you're not black black". And then from a lot of black people some version of "you're an oreo".

Curtis from Arrow is the most recent version of the "black nerd" trope and he's annoying as fuuuuuck. That said, it's still better than the hundredth iteration of the "black jock/hood" character.

>feminine girl? girly girl
>gayship? M-MUN PROPAGANDAH

I'm both of these because girly girls are boring and faggots are disgusting.

Everything else is just normal.

Note: There is a difference between something being common because it's ACTUALLY common and something being a trope.

>you're a nigger, but like I wouldn't lynch you or anything long as ya kept on your side a town

rappers like nerdy shit in the same way boobie streamers like gaming.

sincerity makes all the difference. where were the black nerds when comics and games were shunned? once our interests finally broke into the mainstream it went from a white nerds club into an all inclusive cesspool.
my point being, we had to make our own culture outside of the mainstream because nerd shit was so heavily stigmatized. If you look at the origins of comics, gaming etc. in the west i assure you 99% of the media was created by white men. I don't hate black nerds but i am against not sticking up for the roots of our media because we are afraid to be labeled as racist.

user most black men under the age of like 30 are nerds or weebs to some degree. Seriosuly just look at the fighting game community, or Wrassling, or the Shonenn community.

>where were the black nerds when comics and games were shunned?
>Implying there was some kind of fucking nerd marches on the street
>Implying nerd culture is somekind of borg-like collective
>Implying nerd culture isn't still heavily stigmatized in black communities
>Implying any of that means that someone who is black doesn't have legitimate respect for the media they consume

You're basing this on your limited experience but the idea that nerd culture was some kind of white's only space before is revisionist, there has always been a black minority in nerd culture, and it's barely any larger now. But pretending it's not there or was never there is fucking retarded.

I never said that was or wasn't true...

I even said everything else they listed was something that's completely normal to see.

Man, Gerald was cool

>Most of the time they're basically just written as white people.

Just stop this meme. Not everyone black person is a walking stereotype.

And? 90% of your media was created by Jews in the 20s and 30's dude, that ain't your heritage no matter which way you cut it. Hell white people can't make anime and that doesn't mean that weaboos don't real.

Just because you're too afraid to talk to black people doesn't change the nature of reality.

but it was mostly whites in the beginning. just like jazz was mostly black in the beginning. the jazz community celebrates and protects its black roots and i respect that.
white people can be fans of jazz and thats cool but we can all agree it would be fucked up if whites demanded representation in most outputs of jazz. every race and gender have their own circumstances that lead to the flavor of the culture they produce and comics and games were born out of white american circumstances.

>I'm both of these because girly girls are boring and faggots are disgusting.
??

>Everything else is just normal.
>Note: There is a difference between something being common because it's ACTUALLY common and something being a trope.
missing my point. it's that no matter what character you make it will fall into a label, even by chance (and god help you if it happens to be a racial one). when EVERYTHING is a cliche, is it really still a cliche?

Individualism is a Jewish invention don't cha know.

Sure, a statistical majority of a population might not exhibit a specific negative trait, but if even a noticeable percentage of them do then it must surely apply to them all.

I know there are french/belgian comics but they are not too relevant today and we don't see nearly as many pandering french characters in american media

>Black people legitimately terrify a lot of white America on a social level, and marketers can't stand shows with black protagonists

I don't get this. "Scandal" and "How to Get Away with Murder" are very successful and statistically, even if a show just had black people watching it, it could still get enough viewers to be successful. Make a show with a good hook and a black guy and try it out with the three or four other new shows during the fall season.

>>I'm both of these because girly girls are boring and faggots are disgusting.
>??
I was saying I make those complaints all the time. I thought this was talking about what complaints people make about common character traits or "tropes"

>missing my point. it's that no matter what character you make it will fall into a label, even by chance (and god help you if it happens to be a racial one). when EVERYTHING is a cliche, is it really still a cliche?
Oh I agree, not everything can or should be considered a cliche, some things appear commonly in media because they are things that are common to see in real life.

Black and White this and that. Who the fuck cares. If they like 2d pussy, they alright in my book.

...The fuck. How many of us are there?

Yeah but am average iq of 85 speaks for itself.

No, they can like the WRONG pussy or the wrong pair of genitals going together and that is wrong.

Quite a few, really. Just no reason to blurt out your own race unless it's on topic in threads like these

>where is nerdyness celebrated in black culture?
Wu-tang clan.

By "white person" do you mean middle class American? Or do you think people native to Ireland, Italy, France, and even the white people born in South Africa are "nerdy"?

We both know your answer, so to follow up, what the fuck is wrong with a black American acting like an American vs. a street thug? No one should embrace wanting to shoot the police, crime, drugs, and hating your white peers as a culture.

Writing Milestone comics.
Forming a significant chunk of the Fighting Game Community.
Basing their rap personas on kung fu movies.

>this comic

Jesus Christ, that's not hot at all. I feel terrible for Buster

smae

>"you're not REALLY black"
cant tell if im offended or flattered when people say this

>Most of the time they're basically just written as white people.

What does this mean?

Holy shit you cannot be this fucking autistic. Jazz is a genre, comics and cartoons and vidya are fucking mediums.

Number two, what the fuck do you mean only black people make and appreciate Jazz? Fucking Japs make Jazz, and damn good Jazz at that. Hell Rock and Roll was a black people thing too, wow look what happened.

It's almost like ideas aren't attatched to your skin color, and racial essentialism/realism is really just dogwhistling for racial superiority memes that were scientifically BTFO in the 50's but live on in the hearts and minds of retards like you.

>milestone
why not make relevant new comics then instead of forcing miles on marvel?
>fighting games
most are Japanese and not domestic. Japan has no problems not including black characters in their games
>kung-fu
see point 2 but replace with hong kong

The black community was doing a pretty good job in isolating people who say that and calling them out as part of the problem.

Then BLM came along and they edged their way back into the group and it's become prelevant again.

>Black people legitimately terrify a lot of white America on a social level, and marketers can't stand shows with black protagonists
AtLAB
LoK
Community
Static Shock
The Boondocks
The Proud Family
The Wire
Atlanta
Scandal
How to Get Away with Murder
Blackish

Same. I am also the black sidekick.

Yeah, it was black people who did that. Riiiiight.

>but it was mostly whites in the beginning
And quite a few incredibly notable Jews and Asians.

>just like jazz was mostly black in the beginning
Who cares?

>the jazz community celebrates and protects its black roots and i respect that
Why? They should be making quality music instead.

>white people can be fans of jazz and thats cool
More fans of good(I hope) music or media is cool, yeah.

>we can all agree it would be fucked up if whites demanded representation in most outputs of jazz
No, I mean if someone wants to support a (good) white Jazz artist then all is well.

>comics and games were born out of white American circumstances.
Comics were born out of the imagination of several different individuals, a lot of whom were non-white, and non-american with massively different situations from you, and each other, and to attribute this to some kind of collective racial struggle is quite disrespectful to their lives as individuals, and it might be you who lacks respect for this medium and its roots.

We were almost there until they came. We were so close.

Over half of this list is stereotyped as "black people shows for black people".

I just feel saddened. Feels like they're indirectly shitting on my friends and family who do act "black black", according to their reasoning as to why they said that
That and apparently I act like the sort of person who they feel comfortable saying that to and not expecting backlash or at least a stern talking to. Would they say that to their redneck friends, or do they know better because they don't want a black eye?

That is why I love watching black made shows. Legends of Chamberlain Heights one of those shows that if you forget the animation, its still great. (Black ghetto weed selling weebo here)

I'm offended, because most of the time it's meant to be some sort of a compliment, and what do you even say to that? It shows how they think of other black people. It's not something to get loud about, but 8 times out of 10, it tells me what type of person they are.

Honestly, I'm way more bothered by the black people who say that to me than the non-blacks.

If I was black I'd find the idea that black nerds are a specific thing offensive. Instead O just find it stupid.

>why not make relevant new comics then instead of forcing miles on marvel?
That's literally what Milestone was. Miles Morales on the other hand is the brainchild of a white jew.
>most are Japanese and not domestic. Japan has no problems not including black characters in their games
The community is what they created, which is not the same thing as creating the media itself. Not to mention it's not like Japan has a problem with it. Event Street Fighter 1 had Mike. Do you think it's a coincidence that Third Strike has so much hip hop in it? I bet you do.
>see point 2 but replace with hong kong
What point? You've moved the goalpost from partaking to making.. Not to mention you've shown how little you know history. Black culture has had a symbiotic relationship with kung fu movies for decades, from Jim Kelly to Kareeem to the Last Dragon and Black Dynamite.

Having said all that, it's pretty obvious you're gonna revise both history and your arguments because you're arguing in bad faith in order to prove your "Blacks never did nothin for nobody" theory, so I'm gonna leave you to it.

>Jesus Christ, that's not hot at all
W R O N G

And to mention a couple of shows people here might have grown up with as well: Thats So Raven, Sister Sister, Fresh Prince, Smart Guy, Cousin Skeeter, Kenan and Kel, Family Matters, Bernie Mac Show. I want to mention Cosby Show, but I don't know if people have sour feelings on the show now because of the man.

>comics and games were born out of white american circumstances.
No they weren't. They were born of Jewish and Japanese circumstances respectively.

I'm not agreeing that there is such a thing as "Acting black" but the behaviors that people consider "black black" are pretty shameful and the people who do behave that way should probably be ashamed.

Why? Some black people are nerds, some black people aren't. If you're black and a nerd you're a black nerd. As a kid I hated the Steve Urkel comparisons but being older now I don't really give a shit. There are worse stereotypes to be.

Plaaaaaaaaaague!

Adding one more to the pile

>Thats So Raven, Sister Sister, Fresh Prince, Smart Guy, Cousin Skeeter, Kenan and Kel

I'm white and these were some of my favorite shows growing up.

Dealing with paper "shortages."

Why does she remind me of Shermie?

I like it. Wish there were more of them, because they are usually my favorite characters in their respective shows.
Anything is better then making them the bully, super cool guy that everyone wants to be around, or some thug for a superhero to beat up.

Irwin (Billy and Mandy), Static, and Tucker (Danny Phantom) just to name a few. Liked all of them the best from each one of those shows.
Same m8

FPBP

>eye barely visible through hair

same

> No one should embrace wanting to shoot the police, crime, drugs, and hating your -white- peers as a culture.

Thats hypocritical and irony.