The first Fantastic Four movie really isn't that bad

The first Fantastic Four movie really isn't that bad

Except for Doom, they really shit the bed with him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DrbFLJHeX8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's entertaining, but they turned the FF into generic superheroes instead of explorers going on batshit crazy adventures.

I remember an article from way back where Julien McMahon said that the studio wouldn't let him play Doom any other way, he wanted to do an accent and be more grandiose but they kept shooting him down.

Neither is the second one besides Galactus cloud.

Yeah, the first movie actually is pretty passable outside of Doom and especially that sorry excuse of a climactic final battle.

Nah, Doom was still shit, and so was Silver Surfer (save for the way he looked) and the stupid "I get my powers from my board" thing. Second movie was definitely worse than the first.

No.

most of the cast was alright except for Alba and doom

>The first Fantastic Four movie really isn't that bad
It was pretty bad.
>Le let's sit all on our asses for the first two thirds and do nothing.

Why is Thing so fucking short!?

Could they seriously not find another actor!?

the thing isnt tall. he's not the hulk/

So captain america moonlights as the human torch?

>those boots
lel

They've certainly gotten definitive actors for the F4. I can't imagine a different actor playing Ben or Johnny.

They seem pretty close in size.

ben grimm is the best version, they cut his scenes in 2 because they wanted more invisible girl

>they wanted more invisible girl

Why?

I liked it growing up.

Tits?

The Thing is pretty inconsistent in size and varies with the artist.

Sometimes he's average, other times he rivals the Hulk - but usually shorter. He typically got bigger as comics went on though.

I don't think he should necessarily be Hulk-sized, but I feel he should at least be the biggest of the group.

I saw this in theaters when I was about 14, and even then I thought it was fucking terrible

Chiklis was considered the best thing (heh) about that movie. He did a great job and the costume was great for the time.

jessica alba was a huge bankable star at the time also

>The first Fantastic Four
>first
Uhh... user, the first movie was way the fuck better than this turd and it didn't even get a public release.

I don't even really agree with THAT. I liked Doom, I just wish the movie had been a bit longer.

Because he is SUPPOSED TO BE.

He's six foot tall.

>the first movie was way the fuck better than this turd

Go to bed, mr.Boorman.

Have you ever seen the Corman Fantastic Four movie? Its definitely the best FF movie made thus far, even with its shit budget.

I have and it's not. It's rancid. Power Rangers-level.

I realize you're just trolling, but some noobie might fall for your sick antics.

I have a softspot for the movie. I rank it rather highly, especially over some MCU movies like the dark world.

>Power Rangers-level.
>visuals define whether a movie is good

Oh fuck off.

>I realize you're just trolling
I'm not. The Corman one is truer to the actual characters than any movies since and the cast actually cared. Yeah, it had an abysmal budget, but ignoring the visuals, the people involved made the best thing they could with what they had. It payed off, too. Its definitely better than anything Fox has done with the characters since.

It wasn't even meant to ever be brought out.

>It payed off, too

No it didn't...

youtube.com/watch?v=DrbFLJHeX8w

>It wasn't even meant to ever be brought out.

I'm well aware of that. But the cast was never told that. There is some genuine heart in that movie. And for a bunch of no name actors, they all do a pretty good job.

Production values are shit, yeah. But its got heart. And its truer to the source material than any other live action adaptation.