Don't let him down Sup Forums!

Don't let him down Sup Forums!
He believes in you!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n3Tsx4yjT4c
youtube.com/watch?v=zfLPkK_XH7I
crimsoneyedkeeper.tumblr.com/
ptsbrushes.tumblr.com/post/58794951208/actualmondo-i-told-myself-i-would-quickly-redo
nessiefynnart.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JUM3SHNCfpM
youtube.com/watch?v=DJ8ZhI_kB0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there any other stuff I need to post? Or is that image all I need to complete the summoning circle?

Anyway let me know what you all think of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=n3Tsx4yjT4c

doodle

And also here's Max Landis slowly descending into madness because why not.

Oh yeah you have to paste the link
youtube.com/watch?v=zfLPkK_XH7I

Cute!

Maybe hold all the poses a bit longer. Like the "hero landing" pause for dramatic effect. Then at the end it looks like she's looking for approval. So really have her show off. Maybe a spin while she goes into that first pose. And the last pose makes her look awkward. I know it's partially that foot you have nailed to the floor but I think the whole animation for that last part is off. It might look better if it was one fluid motion. She steps back out of the "Y" then throws her hips back and cranks her arms. Try it with a straight to final pose and have the foot point out towards what she's facing. But that's for a more "competent" character. with the feet pointing in she would look more nervous and unsure. But even then you need to exaggerate that more an really point both her feet in.

And I'm assuming you just haven't don the hands yet while you work out the basics?

Posted this in the previous thread, but said thread died.

Thanks btw, user! That put a smile on my face!

drawing used to be fun but I feel like it gets less enjoyable when I see other artists excel with their own work. It's worse when I have no one around who gets what I'm talking about.

now I just doodle pointless things everyday, but how can I change this habit?

Actually my rig stopped working while animating it and she couldn't hold more than one pose with her fingers so I made everything a sort of karate chop (lol). I appreciate the feedback though, I don't run into too many animators on here who can give that thorough of a critique.

I was mostly just trying to test and see if I could get this rig to do anything as this is only the third time I've build a character from the ground up.

You gotta set defined goals. If you see some work you like try and dissect it and break down everything that artist is doing and see if you can emulate it. It took me a while to realize it but there's no shame in copying the people you like as long as you're not just trying to be a clone of the person- build up a collection of drawings that you like that were created with the tools you have available and then see if you can draw an eye or a mouth in the same way that artist does.
Then all you have to do from that point on is fail as fast you can. Failure is a necessary step on the path to getting good- think of it as if you're lost in the woods. The only way you can get out is if you start walking. You're going to run into a lot of dead ends but if you're diligent you can avoid that dead end the next time and eventually you can get to the place you want to be.

wanted to try drawing something without lines for once. I might try it again sometime soon, but man it's much more time consuming than drawing normally

Oc doodle

Been fulfilling requests for anons and doodle pals from /i/

I've been digging your stuff since I saw it back on /i/. Do you keep your stuff on a blog?

Working.

Dat some good inking mah niggah

I'm in a slump
please tell me something interesting to draw

how about a smug cat?

Also been drawing witches along with knight stuff

I drew the wasp this mourning batman, did I do good?

oh yeah I drew a superman this mourning to, better than my first attempt this month but still not great, third times a charm though so the next time I draw superman its going to be perfect!

Group shot for the top heroes of a Mutants and Masterminds game i'm running. (Yes, it was taken with a potato, why do you ask?)

I see supes is carrying a hefty little package

some ugly hair lookin ass

>I've been digging your stuff since I saw it back on /i/. Do you keep your stuff on a blog?

In fact, I do: crimsoneyedkeeper.tumblr.com/

Mostly sketches and a few inked ones here and there.

Thanks btw! I don't post on /i/ on much I was a month ago. That's great you took an interest though! Really appreciate it!

A very collected-looking female knight btw. Reminds me of the female knights from Claymore, particularly due to the haircut and the clean, simple design to her armor. Decent anime, only wished those last few episodes weren't so rushed... I heard the manga was good though.

Was it drawn with one too?

Yes.

just finished this a few minutes ago

A friend of mine has been pestering me to draw Noodle for a while. I gave it a shot, though I've no idea how much of a likeness it bears.

these drawings are really great and have a lot of personality, but please, the color scribble bg's, never again....

thanks for the feedback.

i'd draw actual backgrounds for this, but they're a pain in the ass to make in paint tool sai. I'll find a way around it I guess

a flat color for the background would be just fine!

definite follow, those plant-like gnarled creatures
look awesome. The knight girl was a follow up to an user's request back in the /i/ thread. Seemed like a neat thing to draw out of the recent pool or requests posted there.

had no idea that was noodle at first glance, thought it was the girl from kung fu cooking girls

That's very thoughtful of ya! Glad you could spot the plant-like traits, too. There's a conceptual purpose behind the plant-like parts, lol.

Took a look at your tumblr btw. Love the fact you can animate alongside drawing rather well. Props on the Guts-inspired swordsman OC btw. And I also see you were the kind fellow who drew that image of Father Gabriel on /i/, too. Very nice.

Consider yourself re-followed.

(Just including the image for the hell of it. It's a month-old at this point, lol.)

just finished this page full of best grandma.

Yeah, i've been meaning to redesign that guy a bit more. I tend to get too influenced by Guts and Artorias when I draw him. When I initially drew him, he swung around a large mace but that seemed a bit too goofy. Changed it to a large dark blue dao since I wasn't seeing a lot of that, mostly large straight swords.

Hey! The joke works when it doesn't look like a work in progress ;)

granny don't fuck around

>love ballpoint pen
>hate smugdging
>can't find digital brushes that I like for line art or even sketching

Send help

what program are you using?

paint tool sai. I'm somewhat of an amateur artist though.

there's a few examples out there of brush settings for sai. Someone compiled them on a blog for reference

ptsbrushes.tumblr.com/post/58794951208/actualmondo-i-told-myself-i-would-quickly-redo

I know how ya feel, lol. Characters like my Father Gabriel were inspired by the beastmen and Father Gascoigne from Bloodborne, even though I created the character back in high school. Nothing wrong with an artist's influences showing in their work. Copying is a form of flattery after all. It's also important how the artist retools those influences in their work that differentiates it from a blatant rip-off. That's just my opinion, of course, lol.

Thanks user, I'll post some of my art in a bit.

Huh, yeah I can absolutely see that. Totally wasn't even going for that, my friend just wanted me to not draw her in the usual outfits, so I threw something simple together.

gonna post a few drawings. I would like to have a pen most similar to this in paint sai. I just love the control.

2/??

3/??

4/??

Rip smudges

>Forgot the picture

Lmao

might post one more

a bonus I guess. I inked a friends drawing. Came out pretty nice.

You should totally be able to get this sort of effect in sai with some tweaks to the pen tool.

I'd have no idea what to change and how. You don't have to spoon feed me if you don't want to. i'll probably mess with it later regardless.

But I do wonder what kind of pen i should start messing with first.

AAAAA

In the rough stages, need some opinions on which colors I should go for on this one.

Something I drew the other day, trying to do a Toriyama jawline.

Here's some garbage.

I've been giving Drawabox a try, and I really like the approach.

Bumpo

Looks good.

Thank you!

Do you have a blog where you post these?

Naah. But I'm thinking about putting something together.

>toriyama
You mean like akira toriyama?

Cute, love the outfit.

Angry-looking cat man

Anyways, you could probably get that effect on sai (like said) or maybe you could try searching for some downloadable brushes for other programs (not sure if sai has that function, probably does).

Hell yeah, curved swords!

Feels like it makes a bit more sense to be a slashing sword if its going to be something THAT big, but then again there are the huge straight swords like the claymore and such.

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or on /tg/, but I've been stress-drawing superheroes lately. Most all of them are based on characters that either my friends or I have used for tabletop gaming, so there are some really obvious expies of actual superheroes. Thought some folks here might be interested to see.

Very cool stuff! Yeah, the references/expies are pretty obvious, but i do like the mixing you did with them like the jester jack (joker-green goblin, i assume) and crimson bolt.

Overall my favorite is either mimic or the black phantom

this is actually good. you belong in /ic/ friend

This looks pretty good. You got a site?I also really like this.

posted this on my instagram this morning. quick sketch to break out of a block. obiwan vs anakin

is it normal to be afraid to move past basic shapes? Not too concerned with a perfect circle and I think im getting better doing quick strokes for straight lines. But what do i move on to after that?

Drawing actual stuff?

Check out "drawabox". Seriously. It goes from basic shapes to shit like I posted and further. I found it really easy and comprehensible, although I have some prior experience with construction and spatial drawing.

bump

Thanks, I got a blog here:
nessiefynnart.tumblr.com/

More Sup Forums than Sup Forums but I drew Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2

just posted in the webcomic thread but it's at 400~ posts and im afraid of it dying, so

the first lineup of supporting characters from my comic >:Maggot Treats

from left to right-Gypsy, Norman, and Boris!

nice

I drew a powergirl today

Quick Question because I didn't want to start an entire thread for this; Why doesn't Sup Forums do story threads like /tg/?

oh and a spidergwen

Fucking hell I am so damn rusty with digital drawing. I haven't touched my tablet in ages.
I am trying to draw a thing I drew with pen and paper and it is fucking killing me.
Picture related. It is my work in progress shitty digital version.

The thing on the left is the original sketch.

I want to try to color this thing in such a way that the end result does not have visible lineart in it, because I seriously fucking need to learn how to do that. Any tips?
Also, which one of these looks the best color design wise? It is supposed to be an organic suit of armor.

kek
Here:
youtube.com/watch?v=JUM3SHNCfpM

That's a pretty cool stylized rendition of him. I like how the helm is elogated

I sort of want to see the adventures of taranis. Seems like he would be a nordic version of brave and the bold aquaman

Did a genderswap of my characters, will post more soon!

I just finished this recently.

Neat

the ones with darker colors seem to hide the lineart better. Personally, I like 1 the best since it gives me mad guyver vibes.

what in the fuck are you talking about
why the fuck would batman give a fucking shit about my insipid inadequacies
why the fuck should anyone take notice of my complacency in general

A friend is a friend til the end of the end
That's forever and a day

>lean muscle on women
You're doing god's work, user.
The guy's torso seems a little short though.

>tfw I've lost the urge to practice my art
>Again

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

Before I start inking this is there anything wrong with the composition of the bottom panel? I know the line art is a mess, I plan to clean it up with the next layer

kind of hard to tell what's going on in the bottom right panel. I'm assuming the triangular looking character is looking at someone down the street and not a reflection right?

Overwatch parody

youtube.com/watch?v=DJ8ZhI_kB0o