Is she the Roman Reigns of comics?

Is she the Roman Reigns of comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhR6eZWOMeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

Yup.

Dunna. Dunna. Dunna. Dunn Dunn

Roman's theme's cool, since he just kept it from the Shield. It doesn't sound right without the chorus of boos the second it starts though.

And you BELEEEEEEEEE

DAT

Why is she pushed?

>Marvel's Wonderwoman

So who is Marvel's Braun Strowman, that we support instead of her?

They don't really have anyone else to fall back on that isn't closely tied in with another franchise or character plus they want a ton of TPBs and merch available when the movie drops.

And before you say Mar-Vell, he'll have been dead 37 years by the time Carol's film drops.

Now, who is John Cena of Marvel?

When you are asked to name a Marvel woman, who is it? Storm? Kitty? Jean? Sue? Those are all tied up with Fox. She-Hulk? Her rights are still a bit of a mess, with Universal having solo Hulk distribution rights.
Carol is literally the only option they really have to push. Scarlet Witch and Black Widow already exist in the MCU, but they probably wouldn't make a solo film about them.

Spiderman

Superman for DC

She's their most powerful prominent female character who isn't intrinsically tied to the Fantastic Four or X-Men

So she's winner by default

Monica Rambeau

Ten times more powerful than Carol and had the title of Captain Marvel LONG BEFORE her too...

Considering how well the political thriller elements of TWS went over with audiences and critics along with BW's reception in that film, it was a huge misstep for Marvel not to run a Steranko-esque Black Widow film using the fall of SHIELD as the backdrop.

>they probably wouldn't make a solo film about them.
There was tons of demand for a solo BW movie especially after Lucy.

Checked
Also Marvel is more RAW than the entire WWE because Smackdown, like DC, is putting out better stuff but is still second place in audience numbers

But Monica is shit and Carol's a far better character.

>Could've had Goldeneye by way of Black Widow
youtube.com/watch?v=fhR6eZWOMeU
>Eh, fuck it... Let's just have her fuck the Hulk... If she wants to be a lead so badly, have her do some anime shit...

But has Monica thrown Carol in an ambulance then pushed the ambulance over?

Does this mean Rogue is the closest we get to Marvel's Braun?

>Braun grabs Roman and absorbs his personality

>Stroman totally destroys Roman
>"you deserve it" chants from the crowd

I hadn't laughed like that in awhile

It's a testament to how sports-entertaining that segment was that I didn't even question how Strowman was able to tip an ambulance until after the show ended

No.
Roman can at least sell merch.

How much does she even sell? I think l heard it was less than 20k last time and they're on issue 5.

Good reference and analogy user.

What personality?

Man, I haven't kept up with wrestling forever other than Lucha Underground. How is WWE doing?

Braun keeps doing monster heel things but during his promos he starts suddenly shouting things about tater tots and his yard

Riri Watermelon is the Roman Reigns of comics. She gives autistic promos, she's billed as super-strong, and everyone wants her to heel turn.

The only difference being Roman Reigns actually moves product.

>Winter Soldier is a political thriller

when the fuck will this meme end

>They had a brand split again
>Shane's back
>Angle's back
>Paige got engaged to Del Rio
>Del Rio left and broke up with Paige
>Shinsuke nakamura's with the company
>So is AJ Styles
>Roman is still a wank pheasant
Those are the things off the top of my head, haven't watched it properly for about a year or two

What wrestler should she be like to get over?

A lot of the younger heroes are pretty bad. Moon Girl could be considred one too.

WWE's just chugging now. It had a great rise after the brand split before the last one, then after Wrestlemania it entered a slump. Now it's just kinda average

Ratings are going down, but that's expected since it's not mainstream any more, just like comic books

Raw is like Marvel: Still the biggest name, but the show is garbage and people are getting tired of its shit. Roman Reigns being the constant centerpiece is eerily like the Carol push. They have raided some talent from elsewhere but just squander those talent too.
Smackdown is like DC: It has undergone a revival and putting out really good and fun stuff. A lot of both mainstays like Daniel Bryan and John Cena and "new" faces like AJ Styles and Nakamura are on the show, plus new talents getting some spotlight before getting wasted on Raw again
NXT is the imprints like Vertigo: Had some really cool stuff, but now it's going down hill
Lucha Underground is like Image: They have good stuff, they really do, and people are noticing, but it might be too different from the "big leagues" for the non-hardcore fans to take in
New Japan wrestling is like manga: It's also fine with good stuff and stinkers, but the weeaboos won't shut the fuck up about how it's the best thing since man discovered masturbating or something

Over all it's now just another hobby for people just like comic books

>AJ Styles
is on Raw. And Smackdown's gotten worse since Jinder wasn't hindered, the main feud was Orton and of all people it's Big Bantz Corbin who's probably getting the title next

>AJ Styles is on Raw.
Scratch that I'm retarded

Issue #5 was 17,164, just a little more than Superwoman.

Yep it's her yard now.

I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!

Raw is a wasteland outside of Strowman and The Miz while Smackdown has all the talent and interesting storylines, but road dogg is the head booker behind the scenes so we've been getting a tonne of tag matches recently.

DC sells more then Marvel and has for a some time, outside of the odd month.

I don't know why everyone hates Captain Marvel.

>great design
>handsome
>manly as hell.
>is apparently fucking Spider Woman or whatever

Captain Marvel seems great. I think I'll check out his books soon.

not even decent bait

>wank

Hello fellow dirty mark!

>fucking Spider Woman
Spider Woman is fucking a z-list former villain called the Porcupine.

I have never seen a more perfect comparison. Bless you user.

I'm pretty sure that's Miles Morales. People are actually buying into the "Carol is Marvel's Wonder Woman" nonsense.

Miles can hold his own series at least, unlike her.

>that image

Have I just grown up, or is the WWE actually getting saturated with inbred-looking hicks? John Cena somehow looks like the most normal fucking person there.

>"People can look at Captain Marvel and say, 'The failed attempt that is Captain Marvel,' but Captain Marvel sells comics," said Levesque. "Captain Marvel gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, 'I don't understand why they don't turn Captain Marvel into a villain!' Isn't she already?

>"If you believe what you believe, and you're saying, 'How can they not turn her into a villain? There is 70 percent of the crowd booing her out of the building!' If that's your belief, then isn't she already the biggest villain we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing her, then she's a villain. We're just presenting her to you in a different way that makes you hate her."

They scouted indy talents from dingy bingo halls.
One forgets that Dean Ambrose was once a CZW mainstay, for instance.

Yes

Empty calories

It's almost scary how this logic works

Couldn't they just push Gwenpool?