ITT favorite tropes

ITT favorite tropes
>Cool girl falls for the lame guy
>Side characters relationship is hinted at but its never a major plot point, just a fun recurring thing used for gags.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NrvF5PGi904
youtube.com/watch?v=iXi8QAo2DrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>animated movie has credits sequence in a different art style
>the voice actor credits are a montage of the main characters

>Two mortal enemies team up to defeat a third neither of them can defeat on their own.

Gets me rock hard every time.

>goofy over the top villain would actually be a massive threat if he took himself seriously

I FUCKING LOVE this trope

It should be used more

>cartoon characters that are usually rivals team up to teach another character a lesson

Those episode where tom and jerry team up were the best to me

>numbah 2
>lame

he was a bit goofy but onyl because he was so laid back. numbah 5 saw how real he was

Cuck

>later on in life mortal enemies grow to become deep friends
>villain never completely reforms, still has evil tendencies, but still fights to do what is right when he can
>takes on a leader/mentor position to younger characters

Does that happen in Wander? I haven't seen it excep for those small shorts during commercial breaks

oh dont get me wrong, i love number 2. But in the social world of KND, people do see him as lame.You know, with his bad jokes and his obsession with cards.
I love both of them

lord hater is objectively the strongest being in the universe, but in season 2 he is losing because hes an idiot. There's a character that comes up that has almost as much power as him, but takes the task seriously. Also, theres a weird al character who starts off stupid, but ends up with a cruel plan that almost works. So yeah, it happens a lot.
If youre asking about the picture, its not from WOY.

>youngster with an awful father/family meets an older character who treats them as the parental figure they never had.

Thanks for describing Piccolo.
Name another time this happens user...

>Cool girl falls for the lame guy
Besides KND the only examples I can think of are Sup Forums

>Abigail dad was Bill Cosby
I hope if they ever make a new series he is a villain.

ehem

>It's a villain finally succeeds in his plan tv movie

they will probably kill him off if they bring it back. or just not mention Abby´s parents at all

wasn't that a one off

What?

Well Siniestro is kinda like this user, he truly believes the universe lack order and control, also he still thinks Hal is always going to be one of his best friends

nope
youtube.com/watch?v=NrvF5PGi904

>At the end of movie the main character kisses the best friend

Lord Hater is played for laughs, and for a while in season 2 is basically incompetent for the majority of the season, but he is the most powerful villain in the entire galaxy. Lord Dominator, the main villain of season 2, is played straight for most of it and wipes out planets, but is shown to be clearly outmatched when Hater is actually serious.

This. 2 was known for being really good at his job, but he was a major dork.

Brock Venom, Juggernaut, and Sandman for a good while.

Well i'll be. I remember the tunnel of love scenes I just thought they were in the same episode

Magneto currently

>episodes where the villain is the main focus instead of the heroes

>ITT favorite tropes
>MC wins through power of friendship(classic cheese wins is best)
>MC gets in with a side character, Better if the side girl used to be evil, even BETTER if he gets in with villain
>Random plain character views the main cast through their eyes and how crazy they actually look
>Good guys + Villain pull a ' a enemy of my enemy is my friend' and fight the bigger evil(even becoming friends in the end after fighting the big bad)

I've actually always hated that.

Piccolo trying to save 17 was always a cool part in my book

But he does become a big threat in the third season.

Don't you remember?

My boy here

Jesus Christ lol holy fuck
>On this episode of Teen's next door: Abby discovers her dad is a serial date rapist and spirals into self-destructive rage and depression as all of her fond family memories turn to vile poison in her mind. She dumps Howard, stops going to school, and turns to alcohol to numb the pain. Can Howie's love and the support of the gang save her life?

Hal is going to be one of his best friends

>heroes think the villain/villains have some kind of new diabolical scheme that must be stopped at all costs
>villains are actually just doing something incredibly mundane like having a barbecue or going to the supermarket
or just any scene/episode that focuses on the villains not doing villain things

>nerd girl gets with the chad
>chad is actually a decent person

>autistic fanbase get reminded of the chads who stole THEIR women and driven to autistic rage
>writers forced to break up the couple

the drama was so delicious

Wait, what? What the fuck happened?

got any links?

>Dragon Ball never does fun team-up battles anymore aside from Goku and Vegeta because the characters are obsessed with 'muh 1v1'

JUST

Pic related?

Jack Spicer?

Slut.

summary : first mlp film is in a universe where theyre humans

already a massive trigger for "pony only" autists, honestly i prefer if they just spin off the human universe so we can continue waifufagging like its a normal childrens cartoon

anyway, in the film they introduce a new character who is bascially a chad

total autism breakdown

next film they pulled a "he fell in love with a different person" and now the main girl is shipped with a creepy, presumably older, camp counselor. in a camp where shes a student . and its A-okay with the autists because hes bland and designed like he was an OC

Body swap episodes are usually among my favorite episode of any show. Bonus if the voices don't swap.

Hater is fucking amazing, it's raw power personified, but he gets distracted easily and is often brought down by his own complexes to a point its almost self sabotage.

When Hater is played straight he is amazing and it does pay off spectacularly, the other villain that got "wanderized" was no slouch either but Hater actually gets to showcase his full power in a very satisfying way.

Wander was such a good cartoon to be honest, shame it was short lived.

Sucks it cuts out before she finds out number 78 is a card.

I was actually thinking Vegeta.

I had actually kind of forgotten about those, but yes.
Yes, you are right.
Any episode that had a situation where Tom and Jerry were working together tended to be god-tier.

>Side characters relationship is hinted at but its never a major plot point
>when it's brought up by other characters, it turns out they've been married/in a relationship since the start and just never told anyone because nobody ever asked

>Long scream/similar loud noise is suddenly cut off by a scene change.

Aside from the movies, that is.

Is this the power of horsefucker autism

Harold wasn't lame. Kind of a goon, occasionally a bully, and very insecure but not LAME.

Disappointing to be sure, but I think it also has something to do with Japanese Culture.
As I recall one of the reasons Cell was introduced was because Toriyama's editor and fanbase wanted a bit hero vs villain showdown between Goku and ONE foe, as opposed to a duo or pair of androids and multiple characters together.

Maybe they just feel if it takes a group of characters to defeat the villain it devalues the power of the hero?

...Shit, I HAD forgotten about those...

Goku/Vegeta/Trunks vs. Zamasu/Black was some of the best fighting Super had, though.

>character hurts themselves/is pissed off and is about to go nuclear
>suddenly cuts to about 20 miles away where you hear them scream off in the distance and the ground rumbles a bit and all the birds fly away.

>cool girl falls for lame guy
Self insert shit

This isn't Sup Forums

>3 days
>Aliens
>Almost no interaction/interaction that could be summed up to minutes, not even an hour
Chads and nerd girls/nerd guys and Jessicas hooking up is fine. Pacing can't be utter shit though.

>Side character gets the spotlight 1 episode

Piccolo has become such a jobber.

I like how consistent Numbah 2's jungle fever was.

Tons.
Off of the top of my head
>Body swap episodes
>Characters have a meaningful heart-to-heart, especially if one or both tend to be more on the lighthearted side
>Possession plots
>Righteous anger brought down with zero mercy
>Unassuming or calm character decides to let loose and rock people's shit
>Traditionally less feminine female explores her femininity and likes it
>Usually scatterbrained character shows off surprising amounts of intelligence/understanding
>Words speaking louder than actions

Not a fav but one I've noticed

>a character who doesn't have a certain body part can produce one at will or can still do that thing

>Finn doesn't have a nose, that ep where he makes that robot, he just produces some nostrils

Japan is all about the 1v1 battles. Early DBZ subverted it a lot, but when's the last time you saw real teamwork in an anime battle as opposed to the MC being powered up by friendship?

>YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE PROTAGONIST!
>Except no youre not. Why would you believe a stupid prophecy you dumbass

>>Villian has a beserk form
>>Villian actually beats the shit out of the protagonist
>>The villian wins at the end; no happy ending
>>The villian's side of the argument makes more sense than the hero's.

>mortal enemies are forced to team up to overcome a challenge they cannot tackle alone
>they work surprisingly well together and even show admiration for the other's prowess
>after the threat or challenge has been dealt with they become foes again
>in following face offs they are a bit more cordial to each other and don't hate each other as much

Got some examples fampai?

>(insert tracking person/device) found the (main villain/major threat)
>he's....
>dramatic pause while the transmission is broadcasted to the whole team
>here

shit gets me everytime. every fucking time.

name 2
plz ;_;

not him but just reading that and s2 Zuko immediately comes to mind.

Captain Cold in the CW series

for

There's Wander and Hater too. After Wander helps him in his concert to attract Dominator's attention Hater is a bit more amicable towards Wander in future encounters.

>weedy team member starts the slow evil laugh
>it's a fucking split personality

>person says something important, but it gets drowned out by background noise
>naked person is censored by pieces of the foreground
>person gets cut off before swearing

Zim

>villain is an irredeemable piece of shit
>even when forced to team up with the heroes, he still tries to fuck them over

yeah, he went after both sisters.

>Villain characterized by losing all the time threatens everything in the movie

I loved seeing Draken temporarily win.

Patty was better
youtube.com/watch?v=iXi8QAo2DrM

he was a fucking player

Yes, all of this.

Zim is too insane to fully utilize his intellect

That happened in the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cartoon. There was a goofy mad scientist that no one took seriously in season 1, and then one of his plans actually worked and he was the main antagonist of season 2.

>Good at his job
>Goofy and kinda uncool
>Unattractive
>Somehow gets 10/10 girlfriend who understands his secret strengths
Living the dream, Hoagie.

What episodes are those? I don't remember any particular ones

There was the one where they both loose their chicks and sit on the railroad tracks to die.

I'm legitimately curious, who is the horse those autists made the purple horse fall in love with?

Flash Sentry aka "Brad"

My top 2 would have to be

>Comic relief side character steps up and reveals themselves to actually be really powerful when they get serious

and

>character accidently trips and does something amazing without noticing
>villain notices and thinks they are a badass who did it on purpose
>character slowly builds up an intimidating reputation without ever knowing

And then the human version wants nothing to do with FS because she never met him (pony purple horse did, it's complicated), and human purple horse falls in love with creepy weirdo human this guy

You would love Irresponsible Captain Taylor