What does Sup Forums think of Max Landis?

I just read his Superman work (Superman vs. Joker, Atomic Skull back-up, and American Alien), and other than his Joker story, I really dug it. Looking forward to Agent of Batman desu

Is his Green Valley any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's fine when he just writes stories and doesn't try to wank about how much he thinks he understands characters like in the Superman/Joker story. American Alien is pretty good.

Superman/Joker was an absolute abortion of a comic book. That being said, I thought American Alien was decent enough. I think it's a bit overrated though, it's pretty average as far as Superman stories go

>Is his Green Valley any good?
Felt like a failed movie pitch, which isn't surprising coming from Landis honestly.

I really enjoyed American Alien and his video about the Death of Superman made me laugh and also had some good points in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM

Biggest hack in the world.

I'd actually rather have had him writing the DCEU Superman than fucking Goyer.

>the weekly Max Landis thread
use a more current image at least, lad. Stop trying to hide his fagginess. Everything he had made for theater is fucking dogshit, except Chronicle, but Trank did most of the work there.

Yeah he needs to be in TV and Movies, he'd be better in that and could kill some children in a stunt through carelessness, as is family tradition

>The Landis thread is back

I will never not post this. It completely changed my opinion of him

>use a more current image at least, lad.
You're like two hair style's back, and American Ultra and Dirk Gently are pretty good.

I think knowing that he grew up as rich hollywood kid prevents me from fully enjoying his work.

Green Valley is pretty fun if a bit iffy in the dialogue at points, but voice has never been his strong suit. At all. It scratches a Fright Night itch though really well.

>American Ultra and Dirk Gently
go suck that RLM cock, Max, it's the only thing you have going for your dying career

American Alien is damn fine, I wish we had a more streamlined version as a film or short tv series. It has a lot of heart

His Death of Superman and Wrestling Isn't Wrestling videos are also dope, though I'm worried about his interpretation of Batman and Robin's relationship in his upcoming Superman story.

Dirk Gently was a fucking shit adaptation of the books and their style.
But it's an okay sci-fi thing in its own way.

>caring about Fallout past 2
Fucking faggot

His published/produced works are hit or miss, but his advice and insights are incredibly valuable, and he seems like a decent person

He's a talentless cunt, the best thing he ever did was some shitty youtube video about Death & Return of Superman.

Didn't his dad kill a bunch of Asian kids?

Go away Landis.

Since this is the only Landis Superman story Sup Forums never talks about, I figured I'd dump it here.

This is a (short) storytime.

The artist did 100% of the work here

Eh, while the "decent person" part is pretty debatable, Landis does give some solid writing advice from time to time. His flip the premise advice is particularly solid and a fun game in general for writers.

American Alien sucked

And the Superman/Joker story was cringe incarnate with how Superman conducted himself.

Agreed, but I like the twist at the end. So tired of the woe is me/understandable villain mold Johns created.

His father is a sociopathic murderer and he probably is as well.

This is a great spread.

I think he should kill himself.

THE END?

Wrestling isint wrestling 2 when? he could do another one focusing on John Cena, Cm punk, indy wrestling, The attitude era/monday night wars in general.

The whole page of My going high school reddit philosophy is not even ine the most retarded thing this faggot has done and that really says a lot about his achievements as a writer.

Been meaning to read that.

Thanks.

New Vegas is the best game in the series you shit-tickler

American Alien is pretty darn good. Some issues are far better than others but overall it is a good series of stories.

Green Valley is really good. I highly recommend it.

>current image

Real fucked up thing to say user.

His Dad killed multiple people and his one and only successful feature was a fluke.

is he the old jewish guy that killed people on set?

As opposed to killing them via parental neglect?
But seriously explain this Sup Forums meme to me where I have to hate the guy for something his dad did.

They knew the risks!

I like his sister.

This.

New Vegas > 2 > 1 > Tactics > 3 > 4

NV is fucking amazing and one of the all time greatest RPGs

I think that his DAROS reimagining could be great for Earth One with some adjustments.

1 is the best story-wise.
Also there's just something about Fallout 1's desolation that makes it really good in my opinion, in addition to the best villain.
So what shall it be? Do you join the Unity, or do you die here? Join! Die! Join! Die!

Have a late night storytime.

I've never watched/read his stuff but I get the impression that he's a mediocre (not bad, but nothing special) writer who people only notice because of his dad and because he's active on twitter. Am I far off?

Also thank you I read this years ago and had no way to find it.

>But seriously explain this Sup Forums meme to me where I have to hate the guy for something his dad did.

I find him kinda annoying. Probably enjoy hanging out with him though.

G'night.

Should look for a copy of the Clark/Lois story he also did with AP Quach.

>I directed Spirited Away
bugs me, at least have him say an actual Disney movie

that was a feel

what's the reference to donald being in the royal tenenbaums?

his RLM interview was really enjoyable, and he put words to a lot of my major gripes with the film industry.

You're my boy, Norrin

Max can be a hell of a writer, he's just in the wrong niche with capeshit.

I think he's obnoxious as fuck and a complete hack compared to his father. If only Max was one of the little kids on the set of Twilight Zone the Movie.

Cuck

I'm enjoying his Shocker fan fiction so far

He's good when he doesn't get wrapped up in philosophy or being cool, which is unfortunately the majority of his work. He seems only able to write about a small number of subjects without leaning on other peoples' interpretations.

He's probably the most Californian guy living.

who is this?
i get the feeling he's supposed to be recognizable

That's just a generic dolan comic turned PG-13.

>Max "My script was good, they just fucked it up" Landis

Fucking own up to your failings.

His best works are his YouTube videos

Says the user who has done nothing in his life.

Victor Frankenstein was good. I realize you didn't watch it though and are basing your opinion on what RLM thinks.

>Victor Frankenstein was good

It was a shit ripoff of the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies.

He seems like a really cool guy who maybe just isn't as talented as he thinks he is. Shit like his Superman video in can be really amusing, makes me wish he just did more stuff like that instead of big movies and shit.

aparently he's abpout to do a new one in the same vein as death and return and wrestling isnt wrestling.

this time about carly rae jepsen music.

now i know what you're thinking, who gives a shit about rae jepsen, right? but let me tell you i certaily didnt give a fuck about wrestling and i think that what his greatest work yet

>dying career
>just sold two scripts for about 7 million

Have you read any of the scripts? Any idiot knows that changes always happen between writing and filming and editing