What is the best decade in American comics and why is it not the 90s?

What is the best decade in American comics and why is it not the 90s?

Anyone who says the 90s is the worst decade in comics is a casual. Doubly so if he's talking about capeshit.

right now is the worst time in comics.

Maybe not the whole 90s but 92-97 was garbo.

>92-97 was garbo.
Also false.

DC is doing some good work. This is a bad time for marvel books though.

It was the 50's, despite DC's Silver Age renaissance, you had that garbage Comics Code Authority that effectively neutered comics forever.

Casuals.

Only if you were deliberately seeking only the shitty books out.

One of the best times to be a fan though; as some of the shit was amazing. Insane artwork, no PC bullshit and Lobo, so much Lobo.

Lobo was there to make fun of you dumb edgelords.

Everyone was a Leifeld or McFarland wannabe.

100% TRUE. i'd go 92-01 though.

For Marvel yes. Absolutely. But only after Secret Wars as Hickman's stuff was phenomenal.

No shit you dumb faggot. Now go back to reading shit from 1980s as if that was good, or your little indie books with no capes in them. Pretentious fucktard.

>REEEEEEEEEEE

You are right. Percentage of shit books from all publishers is the highest in 90s. But that doesn't mean that there weren't good comics in 90s.

>Everyone
Read more comics, casual.

Only if you have low standards. Almost everything at DC is mediocre.

Thread should have ended here. There were a lot of great comics in the 90's, especially among independents.

50s is probably the best answer... GREAT time for strips, though.

90s was absolutely trash, and that was when I started reading comics, so I should have nostalgia for it... But na. Like, what are the undeniable hits?

Sandman and a handful of Vertigo titles
Bone
Bagge/Clowes/Hernandez Bros catching their stride
....?

On the cape side of things, that was the best decade for Green Lantern and Punisher... But I wouldn't hold those up as paragons of the medium's capabilities.

Ultimately the best parts of the 90s were either set up by the 80s or were the seeds of the best parts of the 00s. Are you "90s kids" just THAT into insanely convoluted X Men plots and gratuitous cross hatching? If you take nostalgia off the table, are you REALLY making an argument for Spawn and Lady Death?

>Liefeld/McFarlane is bad meme
X-Force and Spider-Man were fan-fuckin-tastic
eat a dick you little faggot

>McFarlane Spider-Man
>Good

Ditko wept.

I feel like 90scomics was more of a 50/50 shot of getting something kinda neat or very terrible.

Two words:

Main Man