Be me

>be me
>2011
>In Middle school
>Everyone in class is complaining that the new Green Lantern movie is making him white
how should I have reacted?

You building a fucking time machine or something?

You did good not revealing your powerlevel.

i don't really blame them, john stewart in JL and JLU was great

I had a black classmate. He wondered why GL was not white. He was BTFO after I show him pictures of Alan Scott and Hal Jordan.

Same thing i do when people say superman is boring

Do nothing, the only thing worse than normies are normie"nerds" they haven't read shit but they will defend the opinion of their favorite youtuber to death

GL effectively didn't exist in the popular imagination during the 90s (only having a minor role in Superfriends/Justice League reruns) and was effectively black for the 2000s. So, as far as an entire generation was concerned, he was black. They should have just let that go (and I truly believe it's part of what made thr movie fail).

who should have let what go?

This still haunts you?

they should have used a white lantern in the JL cartoon instead of pandering so they wouldnt have fucked up the potential movie verse

>any change is fucking something up
do you find the use of Space Lanterns rather than Alan Scott to be "fucking it up"?

The JL cartoon did Batman well but everyone else not so much. Hawkman got fucking destroyed.

Yes they should have totally have retroactively invented the concept of a cinematic universe but held it for over a decade in order to justify using a different green lantern for the justice league cartoon.

B R A V O C O

So they should have pandered to whites instead of blacks?

Well back then, Eddie Murphy and Jack Black were the frontrunners for Green Lantern so I don't think WB was worried about fucking up shit.

They could have always used Guy and not boring ass Hal when they got around to the movies as well

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did anyone really scream PANDERING when John was in Justice League it was such a fucking different time

no just like most of WB problems they had bad writers and a director who focused more on effects than actual development of a story, and they got an actor who in no way embodies jordan cept for the times jordan is a smartass.

JLU is like what teen titans cartoon did to that franchise everyone expects that cast of characters even though there are decades of material and characters with their own plots and stories.

It's like what happened with transformers when the new cartoons came out everyone expected that line up even though the original cartoon delved into other bots history and relationships

>2011
>Middle school
>About to post something along the lines of being an underage ban
>Person is probably 18 at this point

I've been on this fucking website too long

Calmly explain that there are more GL than John. That's what I did and it all went fine.

"pandering"

look okay i'm not one to say shit like this but is your whiteness really that fragile that the use of black characters is considered "pandering" to you?

the Teen Titans cartoon is much better than the comics so no harm there

So, you start with what you have an slowly work back to your desired status quo; you don't just jump to your personal wank material. The things you mentioned were important for the critical reception, but the first rule of marketing is relatability, and when your target demo is used to a black Lantern and you release a movie with a white one, you've effectively shot yourself in the foot.

Isn't that the argument people use for not changing the races of characters? In this case I think it actually applied.

He really was a really good character imo. Fleshed out with clear motivations that he was generally consistent with when making decisions.

is Wolfman worth reading?
what about Wolfman's run on Wolfman?