Could Cerebus work as an RPG?

Could Cerebus work as an RPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nmmzXVb_4nE
theabsolute.net/misogyny/tangents.html
cerebusdownloads.com/freecerebus/getBOOKs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ayg7WcZy8k4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, because the creators would suffer a nervous breakdown when they argue about what debuffs they should give the female characters

Depends. Would it focus on Cerebus or someone else in the setting?

The problem with it being Cerebus is that we know pretty much everything that happened to him, and after the first twenty five issues there's not a whole lot you can base gameplay around anyway.

If its someone else we run into the problem that a lot about the setting either isnt that fleshed out or doesnt lend itself well to role playing, at least from what I recall.

you could set the entire thing during Cerebus' "barbarian" days and it writes itself. It's like a funnier Witcher.
If you're going by the actual lore of Cerebus the women would be super powerful. The book is about the birth of an early industrial religious matriarchy enabled in part by women's inherent physic powers. the argument is over whether or not women have alignment restrictions like paladins.

the barbarian years could work...especially the first issue which could be expanded upon, or if not maybe have the setting be prior to issue 1? We're currently doing a movie by all means please check out our progress youtube.com/watch?v=nmmzXVb_4nE

That does sound pretty fun, actually, especially if they use it as a chance to make fun of RPG and video game cliché's like how the original did with fantasy comics.

huh, didn't knew you people were on Sup Forums

>barbarian stuff
BORING.

But I would be interested in an RPG where you run for the office of Prime Minister of a fantasy kingdom.

Could it work as a turn based sprite RPG?

Could look much better.

>If its someone else

*If it's someone else

If it`s only in Cerebus setting would the player be human or some kind of anthropomorphic critter like Cereberus?

I can oddly see it as a Telltale style game

>Cereberus

Explain this to me.

Dad was way into comics and i remember him reading Cerebus in the early 90's until some point when he stopped completely and i asked why, he said that the whole thing had gotten too right wing and sexist. He forbade me from reading them and then i sort of forgot about them.

Something about a male light getting absorbed by the female void mindset and how he would ruin character's like Jaka to fit this mindset

Well the only anthropomorphic animals in Cerebus are the Aardvarks, and there are only three living at the time according to the comics. If there were more, I believe Suentus Po would have known about them.

Schizophrenia is a hell of a drug.

Can't see why the hell not.

like as setting for game play? its pretty basic barbarian stuff then it turns into a regular city (pre electricity I guess) setting.

Do you mean an RPG where you play as Cerebus? could be interesting though I don't see how it would work? You need to build up experience points to ascend to the moon?

That's amazing that you're doing a movie of the whole thing. To be honest I think you should try posting a big thread on it here, asking what people would like on it, what would make it better, ect. You'd get some good advice on here, you know.

at the start of the series the cosmology is "male void, female light" which everyone applauded, and then he retconned that as a trick by the deceptive female void to try to consume the male light and everyone cried because women are wonderful.

Sim was a MGTOW twenty years before the term existed. The latter half of Cerebus amounts to "dont' trust women." In his defense, read this twenty year old essay and tell me that he wasn't right about some of it.

theabsolute.net/misogyny/tangents.html

> All I got out of that research, I already knew: a) women want to be raped by rich, muscular, handsome doctors b) women are completely self-absorbed and, thus, see themselves in everything around them and c) feminism is no different from communism in that all of its literature is founded upon convoluted syntax, bafflegab and academic jargon which paints a false (albeit attractive) picture of an unattainable utopia which can be achieved – easily! – by everyone in the world simply and simultaneously (in both feminist and communist literature the “crux point” is invariable) changing their basic nature overnight. Acknowledging – (grudgingly) the small likelihood of so sweeping a societal change coming about on its own, “a rigorous and thorough program of (communist and feminist literature share an admiration for the euphemism) re-education may be called for.” That is, all “non-comrades, non-fellow travellers” must be subjected to unrelenting political indoctrination, sloganeering and brainwashing (“A woman's right to choose! A woman's right to choose!”).

>That was when I realized that it was impossible to engage them on an intellectual, reasoning, “writerly” level – that is, in a purely matter-of-fact fashion. I had to act, had to portray myself as being happy, sympathetic, interested and cheerful in order to maintain a level of . . .
> . . . I don't know what you would call it. It wasn't communication in any meaningful sense of the term as I understand it. It was a kind of “emotional badminton.”
This explains 90% of the Sup Forumsntroversies of the last few years.

How do I into Cerebus?

volumes 1 and 2 are free to download and Dave Sim has openly "pardoned" piracy.

cerebusdownloads.com/freecerebus/getBOOKs.html

>Dave Sim has openly "pardoned" piracy.
Do the companies who've published the comics feel the same way, or did he do literally all of it himself?

himself, and with his wife in 80's and Gerhard in the 90s.

>with his wife in 80's

obviously the 1980's, and not an eighty year old wife.

The publisher of Dave Sim's "Cerebus" is Aardvark-Vanaheim. The owner of Aardvark-Vanaheim is Dave Sim.

Sim was right

Your (((dad))) is a beta cuck orbiter faggot besmirching the greatest alpha in comics, a man devoting his life to the universal truth of female malignancy. Also, Dave Sim has an eight pack.

He looks pretty decayed to me
He can't even draw anymore and now resorts to copy and paste
youtube.com/watch?v=ayg7WcZy8k4

He's in the last RPG you played
How does it go?

Nice shilling cuck cuck buzzword whores.

He does some stupid shit, cops try to stop him, stormtroopers get called in, that's the hook.

I feel very very bad for Dave Sim. Don't agree with him.

>its pretty basic barbarian stuff

*it's pretty basic barbarian stuff

He's honestly one of the most fascinating and interesting people I've read about

>didn't knew

Cerebus is cute and cuddly

Sounds like comics had a weird ass fanbase even back then.

Holy shit. This guy predates MGTOW and all that redpill bullshit and this still reads like something straight from reddit. Amazing. Even has the purple prose of Dark Enlightenment.

Poor communication leads to nerds aimlessly bickering.

The best tangent still is, and will always be, Tangent 4.

Literally and unequivocally our guy.

Your dad's a fag.

Nothing wrong with being a fag.