ITT: Wasted Potential

>A whole episode is dedicated entirely to Hater throwing a concert to get Dominator's attention
>Both him and Wander are shown to be extremely good at guitar
>When Dominator arrives, his band doesn't play something like youtube.com/watch?v=gwlC89-X-oc

Would it have killed the writers to let Hater do something right in front of a female for once?

>Gary vs. David synth battle wasn't longer than 2 minutes

This

>Pre-Gravity Falls finale
>Any of the characters could potentially be possessed.
>Even McGucket, Pacifica, Soos or Wendy
>It turns out to be the time travelling Lemongrab man who Dipper and Mabel only met twice.

OH
YOU WANT TO TALK WASTED POTENTIAL?

/thread

>So many cool animal designs only used once
Damn shame that H108 didn't get another season

>hater should have played a sonic boss battle theme song
what are you even talking about retard.
Also, youre the greatest is the best WOY song, and way better than the garbage you just posted.

wait until jasperedemption.

>J-Jasper will be redeemed soon, just you wait!
Is there anything more pathetic than a Jasperfag?

Ok you win.

retarded lapisfag

Nigga, I'm sick as FUCK of waiting.
I used to be an autistic SU Fag, Amethyst was my waifu for life-fu.
But the pacing of this show is so fucking awful, not to mention the fact that Steven looks like a fucking 3 year old 90% of the time when he's a fucking teenager.
Fuck Ian Jones Quartley for getting so fucking pissy when fans of the show were criticizing the size inconsistencies.
Fuck Steven Universe.

holy SHIT this show sucks

Anyone else remember when it was heavily implied that Hater was a NASA test chimp mutated by space magic?

Amy is a terrible choice. You chose poorly. There's been a very deliberate and gradual change in Steven's design over the seasons. It's amazing that people are treating it like it's been a sudden change. Ian has already addressed the varying heights back in 2015 when the show became more popular. It's only natural that he'll get tired of addressing the exact same concerns popping up time after time, though I've never seen him get angry at people for this particular complaint.

>complain about heights
>amethyst as favorite gem
you where never a real fan

>i associate the music with the franchise

Who gives a shit if it's from one of the worst franchises of the modern era? It's a damn good song.

Dominator didn't even get to hear You're The Greatest, so there's some extra wasted potential for ya

Pacifica, in general, is the core definition of wasted potential.

Her relationship with Dipper cannot be replicated that easily in any good storytelling from there on.

>interesting "superheroes meets the supernatural" premise
>humor was generic/played way too safe, every episode "moral" was hamfisted as fuck
>every single character felt like an obnoxiously flanderized version of a much cooler character, and death was rarely even implied where the ghost villains were concerned
>Danny/Valerie was a 10/10 patrician ship that got scrapped for the most uninteresting and predictable end game pairing possible with the fucking fake goth Lisa Simpson libtard
>that entire fucking last season
>that god damn series finale
I mean, it's not Steven Universe-tier at least, but man was it disappointing, even when I was a kid.

Aquamarine is the only character whose potential haven't been fucked by the storyboarders.

Yet, at least.

>you where never

>life-fu

The Japanese word for Life is "ライフ" which already has the fu at the end.

>thread about wasted potential
>this hasn't been posted

You are like a little baby.
Don't have a better pick, but i'm talking about the season as a whole.

it's inconsistency between boarders and nothing more. If sugar created a height chart or some fucking rules it could look good and then maybe some design changes could be made intentionally and remain consistent

The first three episodes had the best western animation Ive ever seen for a cartoon.
Had they kept the quality throughout the remaining season, Samurai Jack would have been a Godly show.

Bump

You know Motor City is going to pop up somewhere

Is this real? Or is it a fake leak from before the power of friendship saved the day?

Damn only 17 seconds, when I first saw the trailer I thought this scene was going to last as long as 4 minutes, just like the Shinobi fight.

Honestly this whole cartoon show should have been focused on Hater trying to become the number 1 villain.

Wander and Sylvia feel a lot like genuine afterthoughts.

I think Hater and Wander should have gotten their own separate shows. They do not fit.

That way we could have actually gotten that amazing space adventure cartoon instead of focusing on each crappy planet.
The intro for Wander actually feels like an adventure show rather than a comedy action show.

such a shame, the fight in episode 3 is easily as good as any anime action sequence, but the mediocrity train hit hard after that

>easily as good as any anime action sequence
So not at all?

Don't forget how Hater's episodes usually end up being the best. There were a couple good Wander episodes (Matchmaker, Wanders), but I don't think Hater had a single episode that wasn't great.

Wander and Sylvia were fine, but they shouldn't have been the MCs.

>Dominator didn't even get to hear You're The Greatest, so there's some extra wasted potential for ya
she would have laughed at him 5 seconds into the song, get over yourself autismo

fucking christ

>She would have laughed at him 5 seconds into the song
Don't act like Hater wouldn't have left an impression.

man, after seeing dominator try to break his spirit in the finale , she can go sit and spin for all I car

>for all I car

car

no he wouldnt. dominator hates everything and everyone, so she would have just laughed her ass off and hater wouldnt have singed anything.
Stop shoving your fanfiction

>The first three episodes had the best western animation Ive ever seen for a cartoon.
I assume you dont watch cartoons too often

not even. She's the town bike and Hater could do better.

There was a serious potential to play up psychological horror elements to the max and make a lame villain like Purple Man actually scary, but alas.
Even Legion delivered more on that kind of thing.

>t. someone who thinks an asshole character is completely immune to being shocked

I feel like an elaborately planned, multi-part power ballad would have left a fucking impression if Emperor Awesome's stupid flexing shit managed to get a genuinely surprised reaction out of her.

Spider-Gwen has a pretty interesting world.
Too bad the comic itself sucks balls.

>repeating the same attack over and over making it predictable
What a stupid bitch.

>god-tier writer
>god-tier artist
>the book itself is just a boring action-fest where every issue ends with a "badass" one-liner
It had the potential to be a cape equivalent of Fell or Desolation Jones. Instead, it's one of Ellis' weakest books and doesn't live up to enormous hype.

it's like another shoah

>singed