The Batman

I'm rewatching this for the first time in years. Currently on S3.

I like:
>Alfred
>The cape design
>Season 1 and 2's intro music
>Riddler's tech angle
>new Clayface origin (it's fucking heartbreaking for Bruce if you think about it)
>Agent Yin's obvious crush on Bats in S2
>Selina's design and her dynamic with Bruce
>Penguin's pink goons

Dislike
>Intro music after Season 2
>Penguin being a H2H combat expert with peak-human agility
>Penguin not having a gang
>Joker being barefoot (and only having the same 2 goons)
>Mr. Freeze being a random goon instead of a scientist trying to save his wife
^ THIS WAS THE MOST EGREGIOUS MISTAKE OF THE SHOW
>Batgirl's suit and cowl

Ellen Yin is best girl

cute

CUTE

Do not fuck this up man

>>Mr. Freeze being a random goon instead of a scientist trying to save his wife
>^ THIS WAS THE MOST EGREGIOUS MISTAKE OF THE SHOW
To be fair that was the original origin of the character. Mr. Freeze was just some dude that liked Diamonds. You have Bruce Timm and his team to thank for the wife origin.

It's actually weird they opted to stay away from it. It was already made canon in the comics and they had no problem using Harley Quinn either.

>Intro music after Season 2
I'll never understand why people don't like the later seasons intro music. The 66 style music being added in was fucking great,

That's no Ivy

I pretty much agree with these - and I'm not a batman fan nor have I really watched any of the Batman cartoons other than Batman - The Brave and the Bold, which is only a Batman cartoon, in part, in title name only.

I have to admit, if it hadn't been on Netflix and they hadn't taken down B-BATB and JL/JLU for a few months, I probably would never have gotten around to watching them and as it stands, I've only skimmed a few seasons, other than the seasons after Dick's introduction.

I didn't like the music either and don't like the title music on most of these shows. I hate the music on the JL/JLU shows, for example.

>Joker being barefoot (and only having the same 2 goons)
I agree with Peguins lack of a gang but think it's fine for the Joker to have the same two goons.
He isn't rearly a mafia boss like Black Mask or Penguin (should be), but a clown who likes to cause chaos in the city.

Awesome stuff. I'm rewatching Legion of Super Heroes.

The Batman vs Dracula was what turned me on to the series in general. I figured if it was cool enough to pull that off, it might be worth watching.

>*guitar riff*

>>^ THIS WAS THE MOST EGREGIOUS MISTAKE OF THE SHOW
Not everything has to be like the DCAU. They went for a different thing and you didn't like it.

I actually liked Batgirl's costume with the skirt and callback to the purple 60's costume, but I agree on the mask. It's like it's pre-ripped on the cheeks so some villain can unmask her more easily.

I really miss orchestrated music in cartoons.

Mr Freeze's Nora story stopped being compelling the tenth time I heard it. They tried something new while still being in line with the character (the original depictions). I don't want to watch Heart of Ice for the dozenth time. That shit's repetitive and why I dislike the character. It's a good origin, but it kills the character for me.

I liked that at lot for transition.

Ivy is, like 16

and has an arsenal of aphrodisiacs

Alright, man. You've convinced me. I'm putting The Batman back on my list.

She's 19 according to one of the crewmembers.

>Currently on S3
>I like:
>Agent Yin

I have bad news for you, OP...

She's mentioned in a later episode, though.

I haven't watched the show since it originally aired but wasn't this Pamela in highschool with Barbara?

No, they just hang arround.

According to the season 3 episode "Batgirl Begins" Pamela is a high school student like Babs.

Doesn't Penguin know Judo in the comics? He should be formidable in a Tony Soprano kind of way at least.

I don't care, I really liked his character design in this show.

That's two episodes, you dumbass.

I thought Babs was in college early

Good list brah

Nothing in the episode implies that, just that they're friends and that Pam lives with her mother.

No, she's in college in season five. In season three, she's in high school.

The way they just made no mention of her until like two seasons later was bullshit.

I understand that they probably would have used her again but her getting fired for helping Bats would have been a perfect send off but nooo they get thier hands on Batgirl for S3 and all of a sudden it's like fuck this bitch right?

Dude like way later. Fucking Ethan gets more screen time than her from that point on.

They made Riddler sympathetic instead of Freeze, so nothing was really lost.

>They tried something new while still being in line with the character (the original depictions).

The problem is that what replaced it was generic and boring. Just a powered-up super thug and nothing more. That's valid criticism.

Looking back, Penguin is Kenny using his Ice King voice

That's because Ethan is more important to the story, what with having a villain identity and all.
It's just how it is. Sorry about your waifu, though.

>he doesn't realize how much earlier this show came out

The season 1 intro gave me nightmares as a kid and I fucking loved it. It was legitimately creepy and it set the tone for the show.

But then again the Season 3 intro also set the mood as the show started to become a more 66' styled show later on.

Ironically the show became lighter as Batman himself got darker. Well, aside from season 4, which was dark as fuck.

Thanks and yeah maybe I am wifing her up but that shit is never not gonna make me salty. At least Ethan got a little sendoff for his civilian self before the fifth season, Ellen got dick.

>thier

you wish she got dick

I think the entire point of The Batman was:
>B:TAS has made what many consider the definitve Batman out there that can't be topped. Our goal is proving them wrong and doing something badass and unique that's totally unlike B:TAS.
This is just a guess, but there's a lot about that show that seems to be made like that. And if that's true, then that'd explain Brave and the Bold, too (which succeeded at that much better)

>BATB
>succeeding at anything other than being a laughingstock

>season 1 intro as a kid
You must be 18 or older to visit this site.

Hell, you can even some roots of the whole 'homage the silver age' mindset that became the backbone of Brave and the Bold in the later seasons of this show. I admit, this is the Batman show I grew up with so I've got a lot of nostalgia involved, but I feel it strikes a pretty good balance between taking itself seriously and indulging in just goofy fun, without being an overt parody about it. Probably the most athletic depiction of Batman that I can remember too.

there was no way they could top BTAS Freeze, so they didn't try, they just said ''well stick with his original generic origin, but give him a crazy redesign and keep the mutated freak accident angle"

Did the toyetic nature add or detract in your opinion?
It obviously wasn't Batman Unlimited but episodes pushing new toys are easy to pick out.

Mr. Freeze was given a deeper origin after Batman 66 did it.

BTAS's Freeze with his wife origin is just a revamped Cryonic Man.

Agreed. It's a perfect mix of old and new.

This is the coolest costume Firefly has ever had.

Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. It's tricky with a character like Batman, since gadgets ARE a part of his thing. The episode where he replaces the batmobile sticks with me for some reason - guess because it just doesn't usually happen.

I guess this is that time of the week where that one autistic user makes a The Batman thread about what a underrated masterpiece it was cause he's underage

>Things that were good in The Batman:
>Joker
>Clayface
>Yin
>Firefly
>Clock King
>Hugo Strange
>Black Mask
>Batgirl
>Harley Quinn as a quack talk show host
>Joker and Harley's relationship
>Dracula
>Pretty much every Villain's design
>Alfred
>The Batmobile Designs
>Batman spending a good amount of time on actual detective work
>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman
>Gadgets created for one episode reappearing in multiple others

Wouldn't have hurt, but that's what the internet is for if I bother to look hard enough for it.

There's virtually no fan content for this show.

It's not about "topping" B:TAS, but trying to come up with a new way to make Freeze interesting. They didn't do that. They just made him into a boring crook with ice powers.

God, I hate how mediocrity is excused with "they couldn't top B:TAS". I only ever see it used for this show specifically, too.

You did not like Marilyn Manson as The Riddler?

>Pretty much every Villain's design

Oops! Sorry, I got sleepy.

>you can even some roots

No one cares.

Yeah, but since I rewatched it I hear Bart Allen every time.

This.

They could have come up with a more interesting origin than: "running away from Batman and got exposed to some chemicals, turning me into Joke- I mean Mr. Freeze

i liked how gotham did a massive twist of the whole nora thing.

fries is going to ice his wife and make the taxpayers pay for life support.

didn't they devolve B:TAS Freeze to just a crook with an ice gun anyway?

hence the no sympy bruce in beyond

stray bat storytime where

Punch and Judy werr top tier, fudge you.

Agreed on the Freeze angle, though, pre-btas, this was pretty much a take on him.

Yeah, and they were wrong for letting him devolve to that, but at least he was still fueled by grief and bitterness, rather than just getting diamonds.