Final Crisis Best Crisis

Final Crisis Best Crisis

Even now I'm still amazed they managed to pull off true Cosmic Horror in a capeshit joint.

Positively Lovecraftian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSooMsN_raQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Adorable.

>Even now I'm still amazed they managed to pull off true Cosmic Horror in a capeshit joint.
This doesn't make any sense. Lovecraft's work was basically scifi schlock just like comics. Short fiction was the capeshit of literature back then.

I'm not saying Lovecraft wasn't fantastic and groundbreaking but it's not like it's some kind of high-art that comics could barely hope to touch.

I hate it when people try to apply Lovecraft to any piece of fiction with remotely esoteric elements.

Lovecraftian horror entirely revolves around the concept of a cold, uncaring universe and being who are not only unknowable to us, but are either completely unaware of our existence or see us as completely irrelevant in every way.

The antagonists of Final Crisis are not only utterly personal and actively malicious towards us, they are also shaped by our stories and archetypes, and are ultimately destroyed by them.

Final Crisis is as anti-Lovecraft as it gets. Lovecraft imagined a universe where man does not matter. Morrison imagined a universe where nothing matters more.

Final crisis is crap

Reminder that cosmic horror =/= lovercraftian or pulp horror

>Sup Forums no longer loves FC
damn...

I love it
Super Young Team is my jam

It's always been divisive, even on Sup Forums.

>Lovecraft's work was basically scifi schlock just like comics

It was worse, actually. Scifi schlock at least likes to make up some pseudo-science to back up their shit, while Lovecraft kept saying "HOLY SHIT THIS SHIT IS TERRIFYING! JUST IMAGINE HOW TERRIFYING THIS THING IS WITHOUT ME GIVING YOU A CLUE OR SOMETHING!"

It's just the casuals that loved blackest night and forevel evil

I love it
youtube.com/watch?v=XSooMsN_raQ

I have to agree with. Itst not Cosmic Horror.

I liked both COIE & Infinity Crisis better, but it's better than Zero Hour: A CRISIS In Time and Identity Crisis, if the latter is event counted anymore.

bump

It's a shame JG Jones wasn't able to finish this series.

Don't you lily livvered fucks let me be the last commentator on this thread. Talk about
>muh meta
>muh Kirby
>muh Morrison
>muh Nazi Superman
>muh Batman time bullet
>muh tie-ins that had almost nothing to do with the main story
>muh Barry Allen coming back
You fucks should know by now that I'm the most pathetic little piece of shit on this Earth. Lex Luthor looks at me and thinks, "man, there's a guy with a Napolean complex". Type something you pieces of shit. Make it known that you can think on your own. You can make good things, I know it. Have mercy upon your souls.

Too bad it ruined DC until Flashpoint because nobody knew what fucking happened

Should I pick up Absolute Final Crisis?

No. Omnibuses > Absolutes
As far as I can tell the main drawing point of Absolutes is that you can see the images enlarged and make out the details...and downloading these series already allows you to do that. Fuck creator commentary.

>Positively Lovecraftian

Is this a meme or is it just one retard that keeps using words he doesn't understand?

Wow, you're rude.

Final Crisis is pretty shit for the most part. Infinite Crisis & 52 are far superior. Final Crisis jumps around too much, you never really see anything other than brief glimpses of what each character does, one of the great failings of the core miniseries of comic events. From what I remember, most tie-ins were pretty inconsequential, though the Batman tieins at least shed a bit more light on what the fuck happened there.

but but but but...we get to see what the Alpha Lantern Corps does. That's legit.

All they did was wrongfully arrest Hal and then just became background extras.

I thought Infinite Crisis was a bit underwhelming

Final Crisis has no omnibus.

And you're a faggot

I don't even fucking know what happens in final crisis. Anything Morrison writes is always all over the fucking place. I understood the main darkseid invasion, that I liked. What happened after that I have no god damn clue. Can someone explain, so some vampire or something is threatening to eat the entire universe or something? And the timelines are "sinking" into darkness and superman singing stops it? What the fuck

I know.....but if there is fanboy backlash for there not being one there will be one. Think my little friend, think.

Mandrakk is using Dakseid the entire time to make the multiverse fall into itself, allowing complete control.

Underwhelming, sure. The art was decent, it was a fitting, accessible sequel to COIE and the Kal-L/Kal-El/Superboy Prime dynamic was pretty great. Golden age nostalgia, vanilla and super edginess all in one.

Fanboys are really stupid, not gonna happen. Only a few of the tie-ins are actually related, the rest are complete shit.

Yep. Superman Beyond is the main one, and that's already collected in the regular trades.

>Mandrakk removes his "son" Nix Uotan from the Monitors so that he can harvest the energy of the decaying multiverse and become The Monitor instead of A Monitor
>Darkseid fucks over time/space because he's caused several paradoxes - killing his son instead of dying in a fistfight with him amongst the firepits, being a Fourth World god who inaugurates the Fifth World
>his "death" required three killing blows - Batman (mortal but also the Orion of the Fifth World), Black Racer (New God of death), and Superman (a demigod who is the forerunner of the Fifth World)
>Mandrakk the Vampire arrives to drain what's left of New Earth and Superman which in turn gives him access to the energies of all Earths and all Supermen

That's the better way to do it. He's trying to portray beings and concepts so utterly alien that the human mind literally can't process them. He shouldn't describe them because that instantly reduces them to human scale and human comprehension.

It was a mistake to give the brief description of a Cthulhu statue that he did, because the octopus-head monster is just stupid.

The unknown is far more terrifying.