Falcon #1 solicit

First Marvel Legacy creative team revealed: Rodney Barnes and Joshua Cassara on Falcon. First arc is Sam and the new Patriot vs. Blackheart.

>FALCON #1
>Written by RODNEY BARNES
>Penciled by JOSHUA CASSARA
>Cover by JESUS SAIZ

>TAKE FLIGHT!
>Continuing directly out of the pages of MARVEL LEGACY #1!

>Sam Wilson – winged warrior, avian Avenger and one-time sentinel of liberty – takes to the skies again, reborn and recommitted as the fighter for freedom, THE FALCON!

>Engaged in an all-new assignment while training his new partner THE PATRIOT, Sam Wilson soars high and sees all. But Sam’s new mission finds him on a collision course with an enemy way out of his weight class—the demonic BLACKHEART! From the stratosphere to the streets, the Marvel Universe now has a high-flying hero circling above them ready to strike!

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/05/falcon-marvel-legacy-rodney-barnes/

Who's the new patrot? That illegal mexican bird dude?

Also, a bit slow here, but when did Falcon learn how to use the shield?

No, yet another black boy OC called Rayshawn.

I like how they are trying to push Sam Wilson back as Falcon as some sort of OH YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!! by having him break the shield when he was the WORST Captain America Ever.

Get fucked, Sam "#BLM" Wilson.

>>New Patriot
UGH

Oh just get Miles to zap him, it's fine

>Who's the new patrot? That illegal mexican bird dude?
No, he was a civilian in Spencer's Cap who's become the new Patriot in Secret Empire.

>Also, a bit slow here, but when did Falcon learn how to use the shield?
When he became Captain America three years ago.

The whole thing screams "dead on arrival"

He acknowledged that himself. He quit being Cap, because he realised that masses don't want him to be Cap and he can't seem to do abything right.
There probaly won't be any OH YEAAAH moment, he'll just realise that he should just stick to being Falcon.

I hope Eli punches this loser out for taking his name. Being Eli is suffering

Eli's never appearing again because of legal shit with Isaiah Bradley's creator. Pretty obvious the new Patriot is meant to be a replacement.

The cover is literally him breaking Cap's shit in a 'FUCK DA MANTLE' manner.

It's obvious they are still salty that no one likes Sam as CA and preferred a """Nazi""" over him.

>rodney barnes
literally who?

from the writer of "Return of the King" Boondocks episode

well it sucked because he was still the Falcon just with more blue, if they wanted him to be Captain America they should have put him in Captain America's costume.

when Dick Grayson became Batman he didn't just wear a recolored Robin Costume and have his hair exposed the entire time.

>when Dick Grayson became Batman he didn't just wear a recolored Robin Costume and have his hair exposed the entire time.
He did on Earth-2!

>using blackheart, the son of THE devil as a jobber, again

>Nomad
>Mexican Falcon
>New Patriot
Stop introducing new Captain America sidekicks damnit.

Patriot's a Falcon sidekick, though, not a Captain America one.

Let Eli rest. He got out. Better out than being destroyed by the lesbian shippers like Noh-Varr was.

Blackheart's first appearance was literally him jobbing to Daredevil and Spider-Man.

Also most villains are, by definition, jobbers.

Typical. Give a black man the tools he need to do his job, he breaks them and then blames whitey.

>inb4 Sup Forums get out

Unless you're America Chavez latino characters are disposable.

I should rephrase that. Stop giving Sam Wilson sidekicks, he's had 3 in 3 years.

>Eli's never appearing again because of legal shit with Isaiah Bradley's creator.
Can I have a source on that? Why would there be any legal conflict? All work done for Marvel is work for hire and Marvel owns anything a writer creates for them. The only exception is stuff like Powers or Kick-Ass.

When will Marvel learn that no one gives a shit about Falcon? His last solo dropped to 14K for crying.

What will happen to the Mexican Falcon? Hope he dies.

There's been rumblings about it for years, and it's highly suspicious how Eli retired and then the Bradley family hasn't been so much as acknowledged in years.

Depending on the contracts Morales signed when he wrote Truth, there might be something in there Marvel doesn't want to deal with.

Why can't marvel use Elijah?

>Rodney Barnes
>Hollywood writer
Why would they get this gu...

>Black
Oh...

Why is Sam forever stuck with such shit costumes?

>Written by RODNEY BARNES
>Penciled by JOSHUA CASSARA
come again?

>Marvel is criticized for no revealing teams for Legacy titles.
>Marvel can't get anyone other than their current retreads.
>First announcement is a primarily TV writer who did just book or two.
>Of course, he's a black guy on a black lead comic book.
The absolute state of Marvel.

Nah, he was better than Bucky's puppy dog ass. Also, #BLM.

Finally. I am so fucking tired of seeing Captain Falcon.

Reminder that Rayshaun blew up a bank in protest after Rage's guilty verdict.

What?

>hero is Black
>the sidekick MUST be Black also

Who are Rodney Barnes and Joshua Cassara?

/Our/ NEW AND IMPROVED PATRIOT

Don't you love how the heroes are better terrorists than Hydra?

Hydra blew up Las Vegas

I wish the police would beat this shitstain to death.

A bank? I thought Rage was convicted of robbery, not turned down for a loan.

>treating throwing a molotov at a bank like it's worse than everything HYDRA has done
Wew lad.

>NEW AND IMPROVED PATRIOT
I didn't ask for this shit. Where the fuck is Eli?!

>treating throwing a molotov at a bank like it's worse than everything HYDRA has done
By this point they have legally taken over.

>terrorists are ok if they take over in a coup
What the fuck?

Glad we're getting characters based on real life heroes like Antifa now.

Are we sure this is the same guy as ? Because the new Patriot looks several inches taller, significantly more muscled, and years older.

They have the same name, I'm guessing they didn't tell the artist his age or this book showed him looking much younger.

That or he got buff in jail for setting fire to a bank.

Is this the only Solicit so far?

Legal issues if I'm not mistaken.

I think it might be the artist. Halcón looks like a buff guy in his twenties despite being a teenager, but in one of the Secret Empire tie-ins he's not much bigger than Miles.

So what happened to Falcon Jr, the illegal immigrant?

I kinda liked him.

Oh shit

This sequence weirded me out when I first read it and it still does. I thought for sure Rage wore a lucha mask. Was it always paint, or is the kid just doing it that way for whatever reason?

It was just the kid using paint.

There's more over here.

wat
I thought it was him getting beaten by Ghost Rider.

Am I the only one who saw the thumbnail for this thread and thought Legion was Captain America now?

Wow, what's with the anti-semitism?

Nope. He later became a Ghost Rider villain, but he started out as a Daredevil villain.

So anyone who bitches about Blackheart fighting street level characters doesn't know much about the character's history.

Mephisto is not THE devil.

That doesn't mean he's a villain for street level, though. Daredevil took on Ultron and Spider-Man beat a herald of Galactus. Kind of a once-in-a-VERY-good-while thingy.

Blackheart took on Daredevil again a few issues after that for an entire arc. This was during a period where Mephisto (who's also been a villain for both magic and cosmic characters) was also a recurring foe of DD's. So not very much like your other examples.

Blackheart is not a street-level character. Writers use him to job to steet level characters, but he's done stuff like defeat Mephisto in his own realm, fight Red Hulk to a standstill, and punk a Zarathos-boosted Ghost Rider. He has no business as a Falcon villain any more than he ever had business as a DD/Spidey villain. It's the exact same as user was saying with Spidey beating a Galactus herald.

I suppose you think Ghost Rider is street level too? Because of who he fights? Come on, dude.

Can anybody say dead on arrival?

He is a street level character. Stop crying about negros beating up demons you casual mcu faggot ass bitch.

>He has no business as a Falcon villain any more than he ever had business as a DD/Spidey villain.
user. He was created as a DD villain. How the hell does he have no business being one? Because he's not a mobster, ninja, or costumed criminal like every other DD villain? Nocenti's run was great, and she pulled off "Daredevil vs. actual devils" pretty damn well.

And yeah, Ghost Rider's fought a shit ton of street level villains, but people still barely complain about that. I'm just saying that Blackheart fighting street level heroes is dumb to complain about when he debuted as a villain for one. In that context, him fighting Falcon isn't strange at all. He's a villain who fits perfectly as someone that can fight characters from all over the Marvel Universe (just look at who else was in that Red Hulk story), rather than just being shoved exclusively into the "magic" folder or whatever because of power level shit.

Kill yourself namefag