MCU TV confirmed NOT CANON to Films

>Tilda Johnson will appear in both Black Panther and Luke Cage
>Played by two completely different actresses
GUD JUB MABEL

screenrant.com/black-panther-nightshade-tilda-johnson-confirmed/

news.marvel.com/tv/68147/mustafa-shakir-gabrielle-dennis-join-netflix-original-series-marvels-luke-cage/

Marvel Entertainment has always been non-canon.

Okay? That's not going to affect my enjoyment of the MCU TV shows.

YES FINALLY

Daredevil movie when?

On the one hand I'm sad but on the other I'm glad Daredevil will never have to appear next to Iron Man.

It's not like anybody watches the TV shows anyway

How can you watch something that's not canon?

In case there was any doubt.
Never said it was going to.

They haven't started filming yet.

They could change the character in Luke Cage's name

Because canon doesn't matter if you enjoy the show.
>Never said it was going to.
Yeah, I know. So?

She damn fucking well better be turning Cap and Falcon into werewolves.

>Yeah, I know. So?
So what are you asking bro?

Black Mariah was undercover in Civil War. She's the true villain mastermind of the MCU

>So what are you asking bro?
What?

Not the first time

There's been like 20 people who have said they aren't canon but some idiots just refuse to accept it because it would mean they wasted their fucking time watching shitty shows for no reason

>watching shitty shows for no reason
What if they enjoy the shows though?

The only reason I've cared for the canoncity was small the chance of a Daredevil/Spiderman team-up against Kingpin.

But oh well.

I hope Feige gives us a good inhumans movie then. The show looks like trash

Wow I actually forgot about that.

So when there is an inconsistency in the comics we need to gloss over, does that mean the comics are non canon?

You know, there have been multiple actors who play the same characters in the films too. Banner, Rhodey and Howard Stark come to mind. Does that mean some of the fins are non canon? Then there's the Stan Lee cameos.

Except that these aren't going to be the same character, user. It's going to be two different actresses playing two different adaptations of the same character, and there's more than likely going to be something that will make it impossible for them to be the same whether it be characterization or death.

They could change the name of the one on netflix

Or the one in BP might not even get name checked

Good thing Banner and Rhodey have never changed actors.

This worst part of all of this is that we know for an absolute fact that Marvel Studios never changes the names or histories of any characters they bring to the screen, so we know with certainty that they are both playing the exact same character.

>You know, there have been multiple actors who play the same characters in the films too.
Read the articles

>Dennis will play the role of ‘Tilda Johnson’ who is a brilliant, holistic doctor with a complicated history in Harlem where, as much as she tries to stay far from trouble, it seems to always find her.

>Musician Nabiyah Be tweeted out a photo of herself in the Black Panther trailer next to Michael B. Jordan’s Erik Killmonger, stating she’ll be playing Tilda Johnson. While her face previously went unrecognized, it looks as if Marvel has cleared her to spread the word. In the comics, Johnson has previously gone by the names Deadly Nightshade and Dr. Nightshade, but is now simply known as Nightshade. With her arrival, T’Challa will have yet another enemy to face as he tries to rule his country
It's two different actresses playing two different versions of a character.

He didn't say that. That's like making a meme that says Abraham Lincoln said "kill all furries" or some shit like that.

MCU is canon. ALL of it. It's a shared universe. It just doesn't have to tie in to everything.

So worst case scenario, it will be a continuity hiccup like Wolverine appearing in multiple storylines simultaneously where it would be practically impossible for him to do do, and the audience just has to roll with it?

Two people can't have the same name. That's impossible.

Yes, user. It's two different adaptations of a single villain from the comics, but it's actually just two people who happen to have the same name. You fucking idiot.

Is it not possible that two people might have the same name or look alike?

In Winter Soldier, Star Wars is on Cap's list of things to check out. Does that mean Mace Windu was played by Nick Fury? Or how about how Disney owns both Star Wars and the MCU, how does that work?

No, it'd be like two comics using Wolverine at the same time and giving him different, irreconcilable looks, backgrounds, personalities, etc.

user, it's the same character. It's a single character from the comics that is being adapted into two different continuities, evidenced by the announcements themselves, where they both refer to this single comic book entity. The evidence is right in front of your eyes.

They're gonna change the name of one. They "accidentally" let this slip to generate buzz. Seems like it's working.

The first description gives a bit of info about the character and her in-show back story. The second just talks about her supervillain name. How do they contradict each other?

His brother runs the show. I know that post is an exaggeration but it's pretty him saying that his brother's work doesn't matter.

His brother is better than him anyways.

Then I can't wait to meet the brave heroes who saved Earth from Loki and his alien invasion, since that has been referenced in all of Marvel's Minoriteam series.

>irreconcilable looks

What?

Sort of like how Sabretooth was originally not a mutant and was an Iron Fist villain? Or how the Hulk was originally grey, and his color change had to be explained away after the fact? Or how Mr. Fantastic fought in WWII which gets screwed up by the sliding timescale and ignored? Or how John Byrne updated Spider-Man's origin and for a time it was marketed as the new canon until it was deemed just not popular enough so it was cast aside and ignored?

>Luke Cage introduces Steve Rogers, a young man from WWII who was transformed into a super soldier by a secret government project and has been frozen for decades
>durr two people can just have the same name!
This is literally what you sound like right now.

This is like complaining that comics are drawn by different artists.

Multiverses.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. once referenced The Big Lebowski, even though Jeff Bridges was Stane in Iron Man.

What point are you trying to make?

Except Captain America is a major character in the Marvel Universe. He matters. Even before the MCU was a thing, he's always been more important than Tilda Johnson.

It's easier to fanwank or ignore when it's a character nobody has heard of or gives a shit about.

When you have two comics under the Marvel Comics umbrella, you have two shared universe comics that are canon together.

When you have a show by Marvel ENTERTAINMENT, and a movie by Marvel STUDIOS, you have a pair of disconnected media with no stake in each other's business whatsoever. You might as well say Super Mario games are canon to Cheez-Its.

Nice to see that MCU shills are taking a break from their "MJ isn't Mary Jane" campaign.

> The second just talks about her supervillain name.
Read, you double nigger.
>Musician Nabiyah Be tweeted out a photo of herself in the Black Panther trailer next to Michael B. Jordan’s Erik Killmonger, stating she’ll be playing Tilda Johnson.
She states she's playing Tilda Johnson in Black Panther. The Marvel article states Gabrielle Dennis is blaying Tilda Johnson on Luke Cage. What you said is factually incorrect in a critical way: they're both playing an adaptation of a single character with a single name, and though it hasn't been revealed yet, probably a shared moniker.

>MCU "shills"
>in an MCU thread
Shock fucking horror.

That would break the illusion that they're the same continuity.

My point is that if you dig deep enough and are autistic enough, you will find reasons why this shit can't work because it's not reality, it's fiction. Does Mace Windu/Nick Fury mean that Winter Solder doesn't work? Or what about your example with Jeff Bridges? Where is our in-universe explanations for these fuck ups?

You already answered your own question, it's fiction.

Those are the same character.

OP is a case of two different women playing two different iterations of the same character.

Luke Cage came out almost a year ago nigga.

Nope there will never be any inhuman movie as long as feige is running the show.

All this tells me is that Marvel is using up all the Black People left in Hollywood.

I'm not even disputing it's the same character, genius.

Actually, the tweet by the Black Panther actress has been deleted and it was never confirmed by Marvel. If she was Tilda Johnson in the script but has since been changed to a differently named character because Netflix had bigger plans with the character, that might actually be a sign of cooperation between the TV and movie side.

Do we know it can't be the same character played by two different actresses?

It already sounds like they're doing completely different things with the character, so no. Luke Cage has her as a doctor in Harlem trying to stay out of trouble, while Black Panther has her as a criminal helping Killmonger to overthrow T'Challa.

Then you're saying nothing.