ITT: Pilot episodes with better art styles than their respective series

ITT: Pilot episodes with better art styles than their respective series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM
youtube.com/watch?v=_6f-12EfUcA
fixitstevenjunior.tumblr.com/post/162590677857/a-lot-of-ppl-are-saying-that-the-concept-designs
fixitstevenjunior.tumblr.com/post/162554533392/yall-im-finished-fixitstevenjunior-hope
fixitstevenjunior.tumblr.com/post/162517780567/when-it-comes-to-designs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WHAT DID YOU SAY NIGGA?

Boondocks art styles was top noche.

SU is going to be posted, but they're wrong.
Honestly I think this is a very rare phenomenon - since pilot shorts for cartoons are generally made very cheaply it's only possible to improve with the budget bump when going to series. You'd have to find pilots that were made too expensively to the point where they cut major corners later on

I can't think of any shows off of the top of my head, but I sure as shit know that the Boondocks Pilot and comic style is vastly inferior to the one they went with Season 2 and onward. While McGruders style was good for the comics I doubt it would have worked for the sequences that the show demanded.

Bee and Puppycat.

Okay, here's a winner

The pilot had a really cool art style, though. It was the character designs that sucked.

>you will never watch animu ladybug

it keeps hurting.

youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM

Gumball

Someone release this god damn pilot.

Let's pull a #DextersRudeRemoval

Agreed. It looks so much better than the same-y CGI trash we got.

There's an idea.
What's a good hashtag?

So pissed we never even got it on a DVD. I'm curious about the different VA for Huey here (sounds like it could've just been a regular kid) and all we know besides this being for FOX is that it was about 7 minutes long...

while i'm not sure about the characters themselves, the color choice in the pilot is vastly superior

youtube.com/watch?v=_6f-12EfUcA

This. I mean I don't really mind season 1-2 design for the Wattersons, I'd prefer something isn't just your typical calarts like design.

it still would have had shit writing though

Marinette looks a lot better here but Adrien is so much worse looking, so boring in that style.

whatever man

Season 2 and 3 of Boondocks looks great

;-----; why did you remind me

>;-----;

Gaia Online is that way.

I'd take it for a more serious focus on the mime villain

That's horrifying.

>we could've had pic related

>tfw we went from a young woman to an 8 year old with tits

my anime game of choice is sword art online, thanks

>that Adrien

did we ever get an explanation to why the style changed? I doubt it's any cheaper or cost effective in the new look

didn't they plan an oav in the anime style again?

Is that fucking Peridot? she is so much better in this style goddamnit.
it wasn't even't Adrien, it was another character back then.

she was too thin for the tumblr audience to accept

the less details on the design, the faster the korean slaves can finish drawing each frame, and the less overall hours of manpower the company has to pay them for.
basically the difference between a one year contract and a two year contract.

>Not .hack//SIGN

It does have a lot less detail, I mean just look at the hands and clothes.
The one on the right doesnt even have knees.

The first episode of Spiderman TAS

In know it's not just the pilot but I liked early super jail animation better than the later seasons. Did they switch to flash or something?

>In know it's not just the pilot

was it not the entire first season

How was the pilot any less "CalArts"?

>undercut
Not even once.

To be honest, the pilot was only slightly better than the series.

It just went from trying to ape AT to trying to copy SU.

fixitstevenjunior.tumblr.com/post/162590677857/a-lot-of-ppl-are-saying-that-the-concept-designs
fixitstevenjunior.tumblr.com/post/162554533392/yall-im-finished-fixitstevenjunior-hope
fixitstevenjunior.tumblr.com/post/162517780567/when-it-comes-to-designs

SU got BTFO big time.

Genndy directed the SU pilot. Makes sense it's better than the rest of the series.

Where does this myth that SU would've been too hard to animate without the simple designs come from? Unless they were on a tight as hell deadline, any studio with competent workers wouldn't have had a problem with those concept designs.

Produced
Just like korgoth of barbaria

I actually dig this. It's a lot easier on the eyes without the vivid colours.

>dat mime animation
Nothing is crueler than being reminded of what you will never have.

IIRC the reason it wasn't 2D is because of Ladybugs suit.
Much like cell, from what I hear, in DBZ, animators found it hard to be constant with the spots on her outfit and found it easier with CGI.

100% agree
I personally hated pearls design in the pilot

If I recall correctly, the guy who was either the art director or main storyboarder left after 1-2 seasons and they got someone else to replace him.

>Tumblr

>The point
>Your head