Transformers

Why does Bayverse Optimus love humans so much Sup Forums?

Is he seriously so willing to brutally kill members of his own kind for the sake of a bunch of adopted monkey people he has only known for a few years at most?

When the "members of his own kind" are Decepticon fucking shits who literally turned his planet into a hellhole and killed several of his own? Yes.

Humans a shit too, but at least there's some good ones like the Beef and Marky Mark.

He didn't love them so much in the fourth one. In the third one he let Chicago burn to teach Terrans a lesson.

>In the third one he let Chicago burn to teach Terrans a lesson.

But that's wrong.

>Humans a shit too, but at least there's some good ones like the Beef and Marky Mark.
outside of Bayformers, Transformers can be millions of years old. Even the "young" or newer Autobots from Cybertron are older than most countries.
They mostly see humans as weaker and less evolved or advanced life, but do appreciate their ability to adapt and make themselves better or show bravery against overwhelming odds.

This is just a trait adapted from other mediums, Thanks to Peter Cullen I'd be willing to bet, that Bay just puts into the setting without a full grasp for the situation.

user, if there is no humans how will they fill 80% of the movie time without wasting money on effects?

Bay doesn't write scripts.

This is kind of a weird thought and not entirely related to what you're talking about OP, but do the Bayformers strike anyone else as really fragile? I mean, they're still giant robots that can punch through buildings, but I find it weird that one Cybertronian can essentially gib another Cybertronian with a really solid punch. Like, I think Optimus in 2 just straight up tore a couple Decepticons' limbs off without trying too hard.

>tfw The Last Knight bombed in North America and is underperforming in China

Bay is FUCKING GONE. I'm so happy.

He's still running things as a producer, you know.

Optimus' entire character arc in these movies was him going from a complete moralfag willing to defend humanity no matter what to him realizing they weren't worth it, to him outright killing them, to becoming just as heroic as he was in the first. I'm glad they used the humans as something other than to take up screentime, as an anchor for Optimus' character

They're weak to gunfire, but only ones that really crumble with one punch are disposable Decepticon protoforms.

He may not be after bungling this movie like this. At this rate it won't even gross as much as Wonder Woman despite a considerably bigger budget.

>Damn near $300 million budget
>$450 Million gross

Please please please let that be all it makes. We can finally be rid of these shitty movies.

He did for the second one to get around the writer's strike.

didn't they specify what rounds they need to hurt them in the first movie?

they just switched to those as default ammo for the rest of the series.

It has already doubled its budget internationally despite still having places to open, not to mention these movies pretty much pay themselves before premiere due to licensing deals.

It's not a smash hit but overall it's not a flop, and it's not getting Bay "booted off" anywhere.

He wrote a lot of Revenge of the Fallen and has a lot of creative pull with the movies including tone and character direction.

Yep. High-temperature ammunition of some sort.

Tone, yes. Character direction, not really.

Notice that he seldom discusses these kinds of things in interviews. His whole thing is the technical process and the action scenes. Otherwise he just shoots what's on script based on what's popular or mandated by Bonaventura.

that and their off-screen (interim between 1 and RotF) collaboration with the bots would probably made resulted with more efficient anti-decepticon bullets.

they showed on-screen bots teaching humans how to take down cons that suits their style so humans being able to at least put up a fight now is explainable.

Yeah that always struck me as kind of odd. They figured out they had to use sabot rounds fired from Grenade launchers to even damage the Decepticons in the first, then they just kind of used regular assault rifles in ROTF

"Revenge of the Fallen" had a very messy production.

In "Dark of the Moon" they had anti-Transformer weaponry like Bot-Busters and Energon Rounds. Plus Wheeljack's gizmos.

i do not like bayformers

but the one thing i do like about it was optimus prime, who treats all sentient life as equal in value, and would gladly kill a decpticon to protect a human, since a transformer is no more valuable than a human

he isnt placing humans above transformers, he is simply defending one sapient life form from another

Regular bullets dont donmuch ither then annoy the cons sniper rounds are good for the eyes though

In the last one they had automated drones with heavy weaponry on them just for the opening scenes and in the city chase.

But then abandon that for regular hand held weapons in the end with regular hand held weaponry because they merged two scripts

>Is he seriously so willing to brutally kill members of his own kind for the sake of a bunch of adopted monkey people he has only known for a few years at most?

Prime confirmed to be from Swedentron.

Because the Autobots were losing the war, Prime killed Cybertron by launching the Allspark cube into space, dooming his world and his people.

He has since gone far beyond "protecting Earth from Decepticons", to "destroying every hope of saving Cybertron or saving the Transformers from extinction".

Bayformers Prime is self-loathing robot-guilt Optimus.

>tfw the director of Kubo is doing Bumblebee
While I'll miss what Bay brought to the table in terms of action (Optimus going Dark Souls in TLK was fucking awesome) I won't beat around the bush and say thank God these movies will be above watchable for once, hopefully great.

Kubo was shit aside from visuals