I read the comic books after I watched the movie

I read the comic books after I watched the movie

I liked the movie better

Other urls found in this thread:

corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

...Good for you? The comic mostly sucks.

Nice blog.

They're both pretty bad. But at least the comic had the number of characters to constitute a "war" and actually had *some* compelling stories.

No shit. The comic book sucked ass.

Well at least you admit you're a casual. Civil War is one of the most overrated comic arcs out there, and yeah the movie did handle it better surprisingly. Both are better than Civil War 2 thats for sure

Wow, what a controversial opinion, especially on Sup Forums

So what are some good comics to read? I've typically been a mangafag where the source is better than the anime. So imagine my disappointment when the most famous comic book series of all time turned out to be incoherent, forced garbage that was rushed near the end.

So any recommendations? I already know I don't want to read any crossover comics like the justice league from the show. They made batman the ultimate mary sue because they want to make him relevant compared to everyone else since he's the most popular DC character.

What are you interested in? Action? Romance? Drama? Sci-Fi? Fantasy? Horror? Because right now you're acting like someone who asks /ck/ for help getting into food.

You'll have to be more specific. What genres of story do you like? Or if you're set on cape comics, what heroes are you interested in?

just throw some of your favorites at me. I've liked a wide variety of shit when I read manga.

Here's Sup Forums's wiki
corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forums_Recommended_Comics_Wiki
But please be more specific, the medium isn't just cape

>imagine my disappointment

I imagine even more incoming. Comics are a rather acquired taste and quite frankly have far more shit stories than good ones

The Goon
Hellboy
Boxers and Saints
Grant Morrison's Animal Man
The Maxx
Tom King's Vision
CAGE by Genndy Tartakovsky
Hillbilly
Superman Peace on Earth
Shazam! Power of Hope
Blacksad
The Tick
Scud the Disposable Assassin
The Eltingville Club
Dork
Infinite Kung Fu
Rom Space Knight
Nemesis the Warlock
Elric of Melninbone
Jack Kirby's The New Gods
The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck
Peanuts
Calvin and Hobbes
Bone
Cerebus (mainly issues 1-200)
Hillbilly
Maus

Well alrighty then.

>Batman: Year One
>Batman: The Killing Joke
>Superman for All Seasons
>All-Star Superman
>Swamp Thing by Alan Moore
>Animal Man by Grant Morrison
>Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison
>Transmetropolitan
>Planetary
>Gotham Central
>The Goon
>Flex Mentallo: Man of Muscle Mystery
>The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck
>Blacksad
>The Sandman
>Spider-Man: Blue

There you go I guess. Randomly assorted good comics.

I'm sure I could get into it if I came across a good one. I think one of the biggest reasons I was disappointed with CW was because my expectations were really high. I was accidentally spoiled by some youtuber (comicgirl19) that Captain America dies at the end which was different from the movie and I thought there was going to be some epic unforgettable finale that was going to make my trudge through Fantastic 4, Heroes for Hire, Young/New Justice, Civil war Frontlines worth it. But it wasn't. It felt there were too many cooks and they were trying too hard to make everyone relevant. Probably did wonders for them in sales though.

Cont:
Cerebus reading chart is pic related
Christopher Priest's Black Panther
Persepolis
Concrete
New Super-Man
Alan Moore's Swamp Thing
V for Vendetta
Watchmen
A Contract with God
The Sheriff of Babylon
Clan Apis