>Still wears a "Soviet" "Uniform" despite the USSR being dead
>Wears a Ushanka regardless of the weather
Will this trend ever die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sDAxu5kf_Hw
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Being this easily triggered

As a Russian, I hope not. I love those stereotypes.

>Still wears a "Soviet" "Uniform" despite
the USSR being dead
>the USSR being dead

Ahahahahahahah AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Soviet Union is destined to live forever in american pop culture. Soviet style russians make perfect villains or grey morality characters.
Modern Russia on the opposite is not that different and memorable in terms of anthems, fashion or habits.

This. They call themselves the European Union nowadays.

Can't tell if retarded or pretending.

I've never heard an actual Russian person complain about these portrayals because the Russian villains are always portrayed as powerful masculine badasses.

You think Russians are offended by Zangief? They fuckin love him.

Steranko was a a gun running crime lord in a comic book universe where a ninja clan regularly committed crimes and there are aliens, mutants, and alien mutants.

So what if he wants to try and one-up the guy wearing full on samurai warlord sword armor by dressing as an enforcer of the Russian authority he was probably a member of.

S'a little like that one guy from Resident Evil 4 still wearing his red beret and shit when he comes to fight Leon.

im not russian and i also love these stereo types

youtube.com/watch?v=sDAxu5kf_Hw

user means that in the show the USSR never actually died you moron. They are just laying low and operating in the shadows OR are in disguise and going by a different name since their defeat. It would be pretty interesting to see the turtles fight Cold War KGB agents in New York though.

Russia IS the real-life supervillian

Do you think Russians know who Zangief is?

The Americans probably wish their stereotype stayed the same instead of updating after the Cold War ended. A bubblegum-chewing cowboy with a million dollar smile was way better than a fat ignorant slob in a stained wife-beater and a trucker cap with the confederate flag on it.

I know some Russians and they very much minded this.

Yeah, Street Fighter is globally popular.

Gadget Hackwrench has a Russian cult and you think they haven't heard of Zangief?

Why are Swedes always playing Russians?

Even those who aren't familiar with Street Fighter accept him pretty easy. He's very believeable character, maybe because he was created by Japanese.
Zangief sounds like a Dagestani surname. And most of russian wrestling champs are in fact from Dagestan. Damn he even looks like a resident of Caucasus republic.

Know what's funny? Gorbachev's granddaughter married a man whose last name is Zangiev.

only when the commies do

Nyet. I sure hope it doesn't.
Russian characters are always fun whether they are bad guys or good guys or something in between.
And it helps that the soviets had a great and memorable aesthetic, plus the accent is easy to imitate.
Besides, they don't seem to mind it.

I can't think of many modern countries that have a distinct and memorable anthems, fashion and habits. Everything is modernized and globalized (a.k.a Americanized).
Russia still has the gopniks (which are more of a general slav thing) and a president who acts like a James Bond villain so there's that.

>Still wears a "Soviet" "Uniform" despite the USSR being dead
Tbh this one is legit because wasting money to replace one unimportant detail of your uniform is definitely not something russian army cares about, I've seen uniforms from around 2006 and they still had headwear with hammer & sickle on it, ushanka included.

I will fill your pool with borscht you filthy American pig

>wasting money to replace one unimportant detail of your uniform is definitely not something russian army cares about
It's like that old "the russians used a pencil" joke

Russian characters were much more fun and striking during the Cold War.

I wish Americans used Spetsnaz more.
Preacher portrayal of those guys was hilarious and in line with the meme Russian TV is pushing.

Tell me about stereotypes.