Marvel Legacy: All-New Wolverine #25

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #25
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Penciled by JUANN CABAL
Cover by TERRY DODSON

ORPHANS OF X
DAKEN, the enigmatic son of Logan, has been kidnapped and it’s up to the ALL-NEW WOLVERINE to find him. But when the trail leads Laura, a genetic clone of the original Wolverine, back to the FACILITY where she was created and tortured, she will find new horrors waiting for her. Who are the ORPHANS OF X and what do they have in store for the children of Logan?

>Daken and Laura have had a fractious past, though, that might be putting it mildly, given they've tried to kill each other. But as seen in our recent Immune storyline, Daken and Laura are now quite close. Laura is one of the few people that Daken has genuine affection for. They are brother and sister.

>They're both quite different, Daken is a very smooth individual and supremely confident, but he's prone to anger and not afraid of killing. Laura is more reserved, calculating and precise. She's also more compassionate. At the heart of it, I'd say Laura has more empathy.

>The Facility is abandoned and serves as a reminder of everything Laura endured there, it's a painful return, but a stunning one due to the art of Juann Cabal. Visually, Juann doesn't gravitate towards the straightforward and linear. He's always up for trying something new. And this has meant I've been looking to play to those strengths and think outside the box. It's great when you get a chance to jam with an artist like this.

>We can't say much. Really. The Orphans of X are a mystery,the only thing certain is they hate Laura and her family and they clearly have great means and reach. They could well be the most formidable adversaries Laura has ever come across.

>We balance everything with big action and big character moments, but there's a large mystery hanging over all of this and there are some big shocks coming. Wolverine is about to be tested in an all-new way.

Not gonna lie, I genuinely thought Daken was still dead.

Already lost the sleeves and the coat off the new costume lol thank u Dodson

Excuse me but when Daken turned to a hero and a "legacy character"? He was a manipulating piece of shit, who hated his father more than anything, last time that i remember. He should stay dead or at least a villain. This is another case that Marvel writers have no idea who these characters really are.

The grey version never had sleeves but a coat.

Read the Wolverines weekly series I think.

>Souless shit
How about fuck you?

>when did "thing" happen?
>it happened in "book"
>FUCK YOU!
???

You probably said nothing about anti-venom or Emma Frost being heros. The same fucking Emma Frost who tried to Murder the Xmen.

You know something i don't care. Daken was the reason of why i stopped reading Wolverine, because the son of a bitch he was. Certainly i' m not going to read a book with him in it.

This is shit the whole thing was they couldn't Clone Wolverine and that's why they have X23

He's not a clone, you fucking idiot. Jesus Christ, Sup Forums is extra casual today.

Laura's armored costume seems to have lost its sleeves

Marvel tries hard to imitate the Bat-family. Only that in Wolverine's case this has been done in a really bad way.

It's Logan son.

>Laura is more reserved, calculating and precise.
Sounds like a cool character. I wish she would appear in a book sometimes.

Since when is Daken alive again? Last I remember Sniktbub drowned him at the end of Uncanny X-Force

It's just the coat off.

He should be, blame Remender.
Nobody claimed that Daken is a hero

Been alive since 2013.

Or Sabertooth...Polaris....Bishop...Gambit....

Her autism got replaced by quips, kiddo, get with the times.

Seriously though, it's painfully obvious the author would rather write about Gabby instead, I don't know why they even bother, 'side for brand recognition.

Good. Then i hope that someone rip his head off.

Do you want her to move on as a character or do we need to repeat the cries about being a weapon?

You know it's kind of a shame that everyone except Archangel has lost their Horseman upgrades.

I liked Gambit's Death powers in the Hellbound mini

How' he lose the dark/glowing claws thing?

The whole situation is weird for me.
I want to be mad at Taylor, but really, the ongoing is somewhat decent and it's been running without much interruption for a while now and it's selling well and so on. It's basically everything I could ever ask for, especially with the way Marvel has been going lately. Except for the fact that it is so utterly bland I find it hard to care about anything. All the excitement is missing.

It's not about that. It's about an introverted character suddenly turning extroverted which makes no goddamn sense.
"Yeah, I used to be bad at talking to people, but thanks to TAYLOR'S MIRACLE JUICE I absolutely love voicing my every thought and being surrounded by people now."

Banshee is stuck in Horseman mode permantly. Beast can't cure him.

So is the Sentry.

Thing is, her flaws as a character, her autism, trigger scent, violence etc. define her and make her interesting. Have her "move on" and your left with Wolvie Laura, an empty shell of a character, moving towards nothing and becoming nothing.

You can easily have her manage to beat the villains while still being a weird social recluse and awkward. She can accomplish her goals while still being weird and depressed from her clone upbringing. Flaws are what makes a character interesting, having her "move on" doesn't make any sense, because then she doesn't serve any purpose as a character.

If she does need to "move on" as a character, she needs to move to towards something, not just a bland action-woman-who-does-the-right-thing. Right now everyone has more personality than her, and thus she's useless as a character. If the series was about Gabby, it'd be a lot better, because the author is actually interested in writing about her.

Healing factor. Later dropped the costume too.

I feel like Daken has lots of potential for being an actual successor to Wolverine since he can easily go "Man revenge isn't awesome, maybe I was an asshole, after all, I miss my dad".

Sadly Wolverines was poorly written and that would require time and effort on Marvel's part, hopefully, when I read Daken I don't hear Slipknot dubstep this time.

We'll see. That was like two eight month time skips ago

Daken and Grim Reaper both got over their Horseman upgrades

sauce?

It should stay. Looks like a actual Banshee now.

Can someone who reads Wolverine tell me why she dropped her yellow costume?

Uncanny Avengers.

Preparation for Sniktbub's resurrection?

His daughter is cooler

issue#?

People complained about it.
Laura hates bright colors and they don't look right on her.
In fact, I made this recolor to make a point about it right as the series started.

Fuck, I liked it. Now she just looks like a member of X-Force.

The first volume around the end.

Which was her best look to the point that her first solo just kept that costume.

Because the Yellow was shit & OOC for her. Meanwhile it works better on Wolvie.

Yeah but fan opinions aside, did they give a reason in the book?

>Can someone who reads Wolverine tell me why she dropped her yellow costume?

Real reason: Everyone hates the ursupers of older characters more when they begin wearing the older characters outfit.

Nah she just took off the armored jacket which she seems to do a lot since she got it

I liked her purple tank top look

If you have a healing factor and basically immortal, you may as well show some skin

No. Something about trying to stay more protected as she had just reunited with her family (which we didn't get to see by the way). The jacket is bulletproof. But they never explained the change in color I think.

What do you even care, you aren't keeping up with the book anyway?

New suit has some armor, since she still feels pain
But, according to new covers, nobody gives a shit anymore

I'm a Guardians of the Galaxy book so I picked up her book this week.

>guardians of the galaxy book
*Guardians of the galaxy fan

>It's another arc where NuLaura gets to preach about how much she's changed off panel

Well, at least her costume looks better without the dumb jacket.

Gabby had it made for her, apparently. It's supposed to be armored, but why it's just a dinky jacket instead of an actual armored suit like Logan had before he died is beyond me.

If nothing else, he makes more sense as the balls to the wall, king of the circut party that they seem hell bent on shoving Iceman into.

He hasnt appeared since, correct?

Just some book with the beast. Where the beast locks him up to try to cure him.

Saying it will take years and advanced tech.

At least they got rid of that stupid jacket.

Explain user, I couldn't understand that...phrase