The Gremlin

Why didn't character get expanded more? He was in only 1 episode and is so cute and absolutely beats the fuck outta Bugs.
youtube.com/watch?v=D1xqrdtJs8w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTjrN9_awn8
youtube.com/watch?v=7tDb-x3Glm4
youtube.com/watch?v=522qtqjSagM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't he appear in Tiny Toons afterwards

Really?

Watching this episode as a child gave me a weird realization that humour can be rather cynical and as long as many people find it funny, anyone could be the victim, even Bugs who normally would be the one laughing. I.e., nobody's safe. Well, that's how it used to be, nowadays you get a shit ton of characters absolutely invincible to slapstick comedy.

I love Bob Clampett but I always found this one pretty week by Looney Tunes standards. I guess they can't all be timeless masterpieces.

hitler was funny too.
youtube.com/watch?v=OTjrN9_awn8

>Why didn't character get expanded more?

This is my favorite episode. That shit face rabbit got what he deserved, seriously fuck him.

Shhhh. These blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit 'em juuuuuuust right.

youtube.com/watch?v=7tDb-x3Glm4

The gremlin was so cute saying that.

This guy was criminally underused as well

Just like hees father...POI!

Gremlins are usually a pilot/mechanic thing. I wouldn't be surprised if there were oft-reshown looney toons from wartime years where the character showed up more.

...Lemme take a whack at it

Nope, this was his only appearance. Until Tiny Toon Adventures anyway.

WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!?

Hey, I bet that was a... Say, do you think that... Hey, could that have been a... gremlin?

>"I've been working on the railroad" tune plays

What was the reception for Looney Tunes like in its heyday?

I imagine its detractors at the time were saying the early 1900s equivalent of "ow, the edge"

It was a cartoon of it's time. It was full of anti-nazi , anti-jap, and racism towards blacks. It would make both Sup Forums and sjws bitch if it ever were broadcast today with those episodes. Space Jam redeemed it for his history of racism to blacks in a way.

There's an episode where they end up in the center of the earth and there's a bunch of gremlins there. Don't remember much else about it.

From what I understand, they were pretty popular. They were considered a more tongue-in-cheek, less refined alternative to the Walt Disney shorts.

youtube.com/watch?v=522qtqjSagM

They were made for adults, and they loved them.

Anti-Nazi just means anti-white, cuck

So Looney Toons back then was anti-everyone then? They made fun of of every race known to the average American from blacks, germans, japs, mexicans, italians, russians, pacific islanders, you name it.