Code Lyoko Thread?

It's been how long since the last one? Three months last I checked? I think we're due for one.

So to start some decent discussion early: how would an actual shared virtual world function, not only considering Lyoko but other examples of this in other works (e.g. Neuromancer, Snow Crash, etc.)?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/7740418/1/The-Games-of-Moriarty
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanficRecs/CodeLyoko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so is code lyoko like the firefly of Sup Forums?

Nah, Code Lyoko got more than one season.

"evolution" fucked everything, just like Dragonball

As long as it's nothing like SAO. I am game.

Code Lyoko is better at being anime than Firefly is at aping Cowboy Bebop.

Firefly aped Outlaw Star.

That picture....

Is mine.

I am so fucking happy you have no idea. I was going to start another thread months before but things got in the way.

>When you're so austically excited you forget how the site works

My bad

Just pretend it's not canon

Less big spacing please, one line of space between paragraphs is good but only for paragraphs.
Using Enter once for another small paragraph or set of sentences like this is better formatting.

Having your post

be spaced

like this

is Reddit spacing

Don't do this

>Don't do this

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me.

too many 5heads in that show

What was his problem?

Jeremy. That's what.

Returns to the past.

When you're a computer, time goes really slowly, since you can do so much.

Now imagine that you, a computer, are forced to relive the same day several thousand times, just to satisfy your creators curiosity

This is how Xana went from just a computer program to an omnicidal maniac.

In my head, since there's a lot of racial swaps on Evolution, what if the new white girl is actually indian in the 2d version?

Aelita is super cute

Her voice actress turns me on when she moans.

>your creators curiosity

Do frogs still think fondly of this cartoon? Do they even remember it?

The books were a canon ending before Evolution was.

If anything they were bordering on sixheads

Her and Jeremie have the same VA

HERE WE ARE

He had to get back

back to the past

eNErgY fIeLD!

Scanner pod technical problems.

How does he function with his head gone?

What does it feel like?

>Reddit spacing

Fuck you I've been doing double spaces since my first php internet forums in like 2004. It's more aesthetically pleasing and can more easily separate individual thoughts/points.

We had a topic about foreheads earlier this week.

>his

Daddy issues. Really. Franz built him to undo his previous military work and then once that was done basically just left it alone while he was busy going insane over the feds hunting him and his daughter down.

XANA went nuts with nothing further to do regarding its original purpose, and its father a distant asshole busy dealing with his own issues.

When it finally got the chance it unsurprisingly took over their artificial world and told him things were going to be different, but Franz was like 'bitch, I'm still your father' and kicked its ass hard enough to shut down the supercomputer and put the argument on hold for like 20 years'

>it's a xana hacks a meteor episode

>How does he function with his head gone?
Poorly

Anyone?

His head is stuck somewhere in the Lyoko world
but his conscience is on his body, he cant see or hear so he has to feel around.

is head is stuck somewhere in the Lyoko world
but his conscience is on his body, he cant see or hear so he has to feel around.

Bear witness to the end times.

How can someone so adorable deal with so much suffering?

As I said, I went totally autistic.

Those are some busty and well developed 14 year olds

Top waifu material, good job France. That fanfic that copied the plot to that German movie was also pretty silly

I heard that some fan ended up buying the IP for really cheap. Is this true or am I just retardedly gullible?

Oh god it's awful

It's bullshit, it's cause of this """rebirth""" nonsense, which I have no expectations for.

>You knocked out from falling

NOT OK

Why can't XANA just nuke us already?

What fanfic?

>86968
EVERYONE JUST DO WHAT HE SAYS!!

Considering a teenage boy developed their in-game models, not too surprising.

>developed their in-game models
What was going through his mind when he developed Yumi's and Aelita's models?

Getting to see hot girls (one of which is his girlfriend) in skintight latex on a regular basis.

They need stuff they can be flexible in and stuff that is attune to their style
And of course something appealing to the eyes as he stares at a screen all day

You are retardedly gullible.

I can imagine this being a legit reason.

>what was going through his head
How much will they pay me for making Franime waifus?

>Jeremie
>aquamarine
>aelita
>sapphire

Padparadscha sapphire and aquamarine fusion confirmed?

the show was good, but it was heavily flawed.

>Constantly reused animations
>Very little world building
>Never got to see Jeremie in Lyoko as a last resort
>Small as shit world confined almost entirely to campus or the warehouse outside of a few instances
>Occasionally bad voice acting (At least in English)
>Finally gets a new character in Lyoko itself via William
>lolnope he's gonna be possessed for the majority of the remaining episodes because he was over-eager
>Jim was best bro but never got to keep his memories even after it was shown he was cool

>decent but heavily flawed
Sums it up.
At least it's not praised for being something more than it is. That's kinda what I like about it. No obnoxious modern fan base.
I mean yeah when you go to google search/fanfiction sites you find the remnants of an older age of the Internet with its 'Invader Zim Esque' lolrandumb, but it reminds me of simpler times...regardless of how cringe it is.

But at least it's never considered anything deep.

Let's have a contest guys. Link the cringest fanfiction(s) of this show you can find.

Let's not start.

How 'bout that ending? There are so many unresolved plot threads, it makes my head spin!
>Where's Aelita's mom?
>Who were the men in black?
>Why did they kidnap her mother and not capture her father until years later?
>The fuck's a Project Carthage?
>Does Ulrich and Yumi really get together?
>Does Jeremy stop being a dick and learn to be a better diplomat? Even Odd knows he sucks at this!
>Do the gang get along with William?
>Does William get over Yumi?
>Does Ulrich get along with his dad?
>Does Odd become interesting or at least get laid?
>Does the bus run through here?
>What IS XANA's problem?
>Does XANA come up with a way to escape the Anti-XANA program and survive? He would totally find a way to survive, since this is XANA we're talking about.
>How would all those near-death experiences affect these kids?
>How would Aelita witnessing her father die right in front of her affect her? I don't think living a "carefree life" can solve all the shit she went through.
>Does Aelita get screwed for living under a fake identity?
>Does her father's past catch up to her and fucks her up more than she already is?
>Why do so many of these unresolved plot threads involve Aelita?
>Why am I complain about this?

I'm sure there is a lot more I left out, so somebody please tell me something I left out. They were doing well in Season 2, with it being more story-driven, then after that, things just fell flat. They had like, 40 something episodes and did nothing but filler, the ending was so rushed, and the last episode was just a clip show.

On a side note, I just now imagined Aelita having an end-of-series rant like Shinji's in Evangelion, with her learning about Evolution, and realizing that they can't even afford 2D animators. I don't know why, it just came out of nowhere.

Did we ever get anwser about what happened to her mom besides getting kidnaped

Apparently the books and Evolution have their own explanations. You want the answers from the books or Evolution?

Books because I've heard evolution doesn't anwser shit

Alright, I'll try to explain
>Anthea meets Waldo Schaeffer while developing Project Carthage
>They fall in love, fuck, and give birth to Aelita in a military base due to them working on the project
>Waldo learns about Carthage and defects
>Some other dickweed named Mark Hollenbeck kidnaps her
>He drags her across Europe for a few years
>She's forced to work with him and some mafia-like terrorist organization called the Green Phoenix
>Fast forward to 1994
>About a month before Waldo, now Franz Hopper, goes to Lyoko with Aelita, Mark records a video message for him
>Mark has Anthea and is urging him to come back to work on Carthage in exchange for her
>Anthea begs Franz not to join, and gets beaten unconscious
>Soon after Anthea gets her memory erased through some memory-snatching machine, now named Memory, and still working with Mark, now renamed Hannibal Mago.

You know, it'd be pretty interesting to see Aelita lose her shit about finding out about this and getting revenge...just saying

XANA HAS GONE TOO FAR!

What? The fucking zombies opened it.

It was a computer virus, not some nonexistent existential crisis

Does she ever meet her mom again so we get any closure or anything honestly that was my main problem with the show how a lot of things were left open

So I've been toying around with ideas for a reboot story. One thing that I'm trying to figure out is whether to move the timeframe to the present day or keep it around the same time as the original show. Granted, the time it took place didn't really factor much into things beyond them having cellphones. Though I do feel that if it were to be set in the same time, then there would be more need to have a timeskip ending showing what became of the gang.

Haven't read the books, but I believe they're able to reunite in the end. The shitty live-action 5th season had them I think only talk a bit through monitors and then Aelita threw away a chance to reunite so they could fuck up her clown step-father's computer.

They do

1/2
>Where's Aelita's mom?
Assuming she hasn't been disposed of, probably at a blacksite somewhere. Think the French version of Guantanamo.
>Who were the men in black?
Spooks. Agents of some French Intelligence Agency, probably DGSE or DPSD.
>Why did they kidnap her mother and not capture her father until years later?
Waldo got away and covered his tracks damned well.
>The fuck's a Project Carthage?
A project of the french government which was dedicated to creating an AI for military purposes. Waldo and his wife were part of the project. Waldo sabotaged it, stole the AI, and built a supercomputer to house it under an abandoned factory on an island on the Seine.
>Does Ulrich and Yumi really get together?
Will they/won't they is a story as old as time. The show never shows them entering a relationship, but does establish that they are aware of each others' feelings.
>Does Jeremy stop being a dick and learn to be a better diplomat? Even Odd knows he sucks at this!
Jeremie is a 13-year-old kid who has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Everything is riding on him being good enough to keep up with Xana. That's a lot of pressure. Couple that with a lot of hormones, and it is inevitable that he will get a bit moody.
>Do the gang get along with William?
Ha no. They did for the half episode he was in the gang. At the end of the series, when William is freed ut they still have to fight Xana one last time, William is trying to help, and they basically tell him to fuck off. Relations are much better in Evolution, but it took a while.
>Does William get over Yumi?
Who said he ever lost her? They're 14, even if Yumi and Ulrich were a couple, there is nothing stopping them from breaking up.
>Does Ulrich get along with his dad?
No. He did in one episode, then a Return to the Past messed that up.

2/2
>Does Odd become interesting or at least get laid?
It is established multiple times that Odd has dated every girl in his class except Sissie and Aelita (Yumi is a grade ahead). Fair bet that he's been laid.
>Does the bus run through here?
Yes, this is a website. Websites run on computers. Computers use motherboards. Motherboards make exensive use of buses.
>What IS XANA's problem?
Military AI. Driven crazy by too many RTTP. Bad programming. Take your pick.
>Does XANA come up with a way to escape the Anti-XANA program and survive? He would totally find a way to survive, since this is XANA we're talking about.
Yes, he survives in Evolution
>How would all those near-death experiences affect these kids?
Horrific psychological trauma which would likely haunt them for the rest of their lives. The fact that the majority of the traumas came from events which never occurred thanks to RTTP will only compound their suffering, as they will begin to believe that they had delusions of the whole thing. Think Susan in the last Narnia book
>How would Aelita witnessing her father die right in front of her affect her? I don't think living a "carefree life" can solve all the shit she went through.
Horrifically traumatizing, once again. In Evolution, she is depicted as severely jaded by the whole affair, and has become horribly angsty.
>Does Aelita get screwed for living under a fake identity?
No. There are a few problems with her backstory and Sissie in one episode, but she slides by.
>Does her father's past catch up to her and fucks her up more than she already is?
Yes, that is essentially the plot of evolution
>Why do so many of these unresolved plot threads involve Aelita?
Because her father is the creator of the main setting (Lyoko/the supercomputer areas), the main antagonist (Xana), the phlebotinum (RTTP), and the Macguffin (Aelita herself). Most of the unresolved plot threads don't involve her, they involve Waldo.
>Why am I complain about this?
Because

Honestly a show like code lyoko could work really well with a less episodic reboot that actually answers half the questing it makes not that it was really a problem with the original show but there was a lot of missed chances because of how episodic it was with the plot literally resetting every episode

Eh, you can still have some episodic stuff, just have more answers in some episodes than padding out just one major plot each season.

Yeah honestly if they did that the show would've been better but it's not like it was that bad having everything being episodic too bad the series is pretty much dead after evolution which destroyed any possibility for a continuation or reboot

Really, the only glaring plothole was Anthea's whereabouts. Carthage was pretty much just a backstory fluff for the supercomputer's existence, and it was kind of unclear about what made XANA turn evil (I recall something from the lead writer saying a virus, while others say it was an unforeseen "evolution" from Franz spamming the replay button for like 6 years on himself), and that was about it.

If it wasn't for Odd being a furry and Yumi being a geisha, and instead they had different outfits while in CGI, I would've given this show a chance. How am I supposed to explain to dad that I'm watching a guy dressed up in a purple leotard because of the plot?

Hey, sometimes it's best to start over from scratch, and I think it could work as a reboot on Netflix at least. Hell, just look at Voltron, it's doing great.

Beyond the tail, he wasn't really that furry looking. And I'd think your dad would be more concerned with the foreheads and how buggy eyed everyone was in the CG segments.

fanfiction.net/s/7740418/1/The-Games-of-Moriarty

>530,000 words long

I just noticed that his pants are two diferent tones.

I really have to get to reading the novels one of these days

>530,000 words in that structure
Eugh.

What's wrong with it?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanficRecs/CodeLyoko

>TV Tropes recommended

Its as long as the first two game of thrones books thats why.
A Game Of Thrones-292,727
A Clash Of Kings -318,903

So? If the story's good, nothing wrong with a lot of words.

Shit .... have read some >1 million words fanfics ... I have mixed feelings now

Well that's just prime