Castlevania Netflix Series

Where the fuck is the hype thread for this?

Castlevania is on Netflix sometime soon today!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8jxcUEJU9nE
youtube.com/watch?v=3S86LZ4jb2A&list=PLG9si93wmYjt7IqjRY9_NMi2ab1cstlE4&index=11
youtube.com/watch?v=Zh9MzR-5kM0
youtube.com/watch?v=E7PFm7mrdVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh shit. It's today?

God damn I'm pumped. Been replaying Dracula X Chronicles today. I hope the music is as good as the games.

YEA NIGGA

youtube.com/watch?v=8jxcUEJU9nE

Anime
Vidya
No place in Sup Forums

Konami knows the value of their music. Even their Pachinko games have 10/10 soundtracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=3S86LZ4jb2A&list=PLG9si93wmYjt7IqjRY9_NMi2ab1cstlE4&index=11

They release a few samples of the soundtrack, don't expect anything like the games unfortunately.

This is being made by a western studio you retard

Anime is Japanese only you fucking SU autist.

>Take a franchise which is campy as all fuck and relies heavily on the gameplay
>Make super-edgy grimdark Canadian vampire cartoon

What is this NetFlix and how do we stop it?

What will make or break the series for me will be if they include the "WHAT IS A MAN?" exchange. I don't care about any god damned thing else.

Oh fuck yeah. How many episodes dropping? 30 or 60 minute format?

>Canadian
>animation studio is in Texas
What did he mean by this?

If they did, everyone would start going
>meme shit. shameless. dropped!

Its today? Sweat.

>dropped!
It would probably happen in the last episode, so I hope this is exactly what goes down.

Pretty sure they've cut it from every re-release.

I'm just happy as long as the MC gets to sit in a really pompous fucking chair at some point.

I just checked netflix, does release at midnight or will they put it out midday on Friday?

Also Simon is best Belmont.

half of the shit on Sup Forums has no place on Sup Forums. sad. not sure why i still come here.

Cowardly. Garland will always knock you all down.

>Mfw no orchestral Vampire Killer.

>Castlevania
>Not being edgy as fuck

I mean, I know you're shitposting, but atleast do it right

They release at midnight PST/3 AM Sup Forums time.

Second best. This guy busted up six castles in a row and didn't even falter.

4 episodes, 30 minute format. 2nd season will be 8 episodes.

Why cut it?

Amd the line I want is You don't belong in this world!

It's the bad translation that makes it campy. Much like the first 3 resident evil games.

Also Super Castlevania 4 had some downright spooky moments.

So nothing's going to happen this year and we won't know if they're doing miserable pile of secrets. Fuck this.

The translation itself isn't even that bad, it's the voice acting.

I heard that one of the games was about collecting the pieces of dracula so that they could put him back together, resurrect him and then kill him again. Thats pretty rad if its true.

That line was actually changed for the FF Origins version.

First season is about gathering the crew to march toward Dracula's castle, 2nd season is when the real shit happens.

The serious artstyle strengthens the comedy.

>Do you know the name Richter Belmont?
>Of the Belmont clan? Of course, but...

Too bad his adventures weren't really remembered.

why "SU autist"? What does any of that have to do with Steven Universe?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zh9MzR-5kM0

Beginning is the best Castlevania song.

I believe that was Harmony of Dissonance. It was a pretty fun game, I love the GBA and DS games.

I'm not going to actually dismiss the series right off the bat for this but I'm pretty disappointed. This sounds like "Prelude to Castevania." I just want some...castle adventures in it.

Over the line.

They're not even doing SotN, they're doing 3, and they'll probably do 1 and 2 after that. So calm your autistic thirst for memes, it was never going to happen anytime soon.

I wonder what Korean or Japanese studio the animation was subcontracted to.

Well there is a big cool fight with a cyclopes in a castle at least.

Specifically came to Sup Forums for some Castlevania
who else standingby? /mlp/ reporting in
Richter best Belmont

I think they just want to see if this a hit or not first, I think it's smart not to put all their eggs in one basket at once, but it must be good if a second season was already greenlit by Netflix.

thinking about playing a Castlevania game to celebrate something good happening to the franchise for the first time in at least 10 years

this is why I hate board police

unwanted, usually wrong, and dumb as fuck

Everyone knows it had the best soundtrack at least, going by all the Crystal Castle remixes.

>I'm not going to actually dismiss the series right off the bat for this but I'm pretty disappointed. This sounds like "Prelude to Castevania." I just want some...castle adventures in it.
A large chunk of Castlevania 3 didn't take place in the castle, user. They're actually taking their time to adapt rather than rushing into shit.

on Sup Forums there's at least a 47% chance any post is in fact, a SU post. I might be posting about it right now. It's best to be ever vigilant.

That was Simon's Quest, he had to resurrect Dracula to break the death curse that was placed upon him during the battle of 1691.

If it makes you feel better, Tellah still calls Edward a spoony bard in every iteration of IV.

It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. *I* was called here by, hyuuuumans, who wish to pay *me* tribute.

So it literally has the same plot as Simon's Quest? (Sorry only played the classic games)

No argument here, Battle of the Holy is fucking rad. Sounds off the chain remixed in the Doom soundfont.

The show is gonna be Dracula's Curse with Trevor

Like?

I mean, that loud worm thing in the library is disconcerting but not really that scary.

It's a bit of a sequel to Simon's Quest. You play as Juste, Simon's grandson.

Not a bad game by no means.

That's ok, I didn't play too many of the classic games. But I think a lot of HoD was throwbacks to older games, so quite possibly an intentional homage. I'm a bit hazy on the plot, but I distinctly remember collecting relics. Pretty sure they weren't going to revive ol Dracula on purpose but it happens anyway.

They removed it in one of the versions. Probably playstation.

The intro credits and the approach to Dracula's chamber.

Really sets the mood.

It's made in Texas!

>Millions of hearts fall upon your head

My favorite part is the rooms right before, where you fight Drac's close associates. Because apparently Drac is a big fan of Slogra and Gabion.

Actually no, even the shitty Chronicles version kept spoony bard.

Blonde Barbarian Simon > Judgement Trevor > Richter >>>> Red-haired stepchild Simon > CV3 Trevor >>>> Yagami Raito >>>>>>>> Whatever the fuck that shit in MercurySteam's games was

They didn't though, the 360 re-release still has it. Why the fuck would you think they cut out the opening dialogue anyway, that doesn't even make sense?

Not exactly cut, just written differently. Dracula in DXC calls mankind "a cesspit of hatred and lies" instead of a "miserable little pile of secrets", for example.

Can someone make a bingo sheet?
Some ideas:
- "Ralph Belmondo" joke
- Dracula asks what a man is
- Vampire Killer starts playing as Trevor enters the scene
- Grant Danasty actually shows up
- reference to old horror stars (Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, etc)
- JJBA reference

Man I thought it was months away. I need some Castlekino to show those fucks at Universal how classic monsters should be handled

>Vampire Killer starts playing as Trevor enters the scene

Beginning is Trevor's theme.

>Millions of hearts fall upon your head

That's a secret hidden behind a leap of faith, mr. expert gamer. You wouldn't know that on a first playthrough.

Let's see if I have any dank Castlevania memes lying around from back in the day

Knew about it for months before I even played the game, it was in nintendo power. Knowing that trick directly led to me buying the game because I figured I'd get a leg up on the difficulty.

MercurySteam actually brought back barbarian Simon after being stuck with the dragqueen from Chronicles.

So proud of the American animators on this project!

I hope to see more western style monsters than anime.

Good point. VK is more iconic though (and still in the game and the name of his whip)
desu I'm glad if we get any reference to the original score

VK, Bloody Tears and Beginning are all about as famous. This is because casuals could never get past the first level in the game.

Though considering the timeline, and the fact that Simon has his own separate theme since IV, you're probably right.

I just looked at IMDB and it lists Koreans as key animators. As expedcted.

Koreans in America like Jim Lee?

>trusting IMDB

Native Korean names.

Why wouldn't I?

That era of western animation is over my friend, why mess with paying a fair wage when you can contract nips and kimchis to do the heavy labour.

You made that, didn't you?

Come clean.

I guess Tiny Toons is both Korean and Japanese, then?

Gonna dump all oficial comics I can... Also how many episodes?

Man, I hope that practice doesn't spread to other industries.

Because they're full of shit?

Anyone can write anything on IMDB.

It's an American show with outsourced animation. Just like this one.

I think game development and movie VFX is already partially handled in cheaper countries. I don't know how common that is though.

As stated earlier, 4 in the first season, 8 in the second. All 12 are adapting the third game.

This one ain't official

Tell that to

There are a LOT of Koreans who moved to America and work in the industry here, though.

Especially Texas.

Is it out for anyone are are well all still waiting?

maybe it might come out midnight in Pacific time?

>best

pleb taste

youtube.com/watch?v=E7PFm7mrdVY

A lot of people already told him to fuck off.

Almost every single time you look at the company credits on IMDB for an American show, there's a Korean studio there. And no animators listed in the staff credits. This time there's animators listed (and many other Koreans), but how likely do you think it is that they happen to be Koreans who moved to America? It's overwhelmingly more likely that they're working for a Korean studio.

Got another hour and 20 minutes till it drops. If it really is just 4 episodes of 30 min each I'll just stay up for it, got no work tomorrow anyway.

And yet the major studios working on it are listed as Frederator and Powerhouse, both in NA.

It's like Avatar the last airbender
it's a cartoon.... with the anime artstyle

it's fine and no one really should care

>tfw just woke up, ready for the day