The Lion Guard

Threads about this show never tend to go well, as people dismiss it for being a preschool cartoon, but season two premiered today. Despite all of the noise, it's one of the few cartoons that I still go out of my way to watch.

The first one was a Bunga episode - I know, that's terrible - but Reirei and her jackals were the villains in it and that made it worth watching. She spends most of the episode teaching her youngest kids how to hunt, which I liked. They try to separate and kill some young animals in order to eat them.

In the second episode, the Lion Guard bully a crocodile for 22 minutes before realizing they fucked up. A fairly weak episode, but it wasn't the worst one I've seen.

I'm glad the show is back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALfmXwSpOB8
youtu.be/ZBMnaYcJgWY
youtu.be/
youtube.com/watch?v=N5FoL3i8Lmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How good does it compare to Sofia the First?
Does The Lion Guard also have musical segments in every episode?

I've never watched Sofia the First, so I wouldn't know. Unfortunately, this show does have a song in every episode. Sometimes, they're good. But they're usually kind of obnoxious. Fuli's voice actress sings in real life, so some of her songs were my favorites.

youtube.com/watch?v=ALfmXwSpOB8

>Sofia

Am I the only one salty because Elena of Avalor isn't written as well as Sofia?

I consider having a song segment to be a positive, so I'll give this show a try for sure.
But that Fuli-character does have a face that looks a little bit too human-like for me.

I only watched the pilot movie to Elena, and one other random episode.
Seems to me like her former treacherous cousin is probably going to be the hidden star again of this show, just like mister See-Drick was in Sofia the First.

People say that a lot. I've never saw it as human, or perhaps the uncanny valley has little effect on me. Fuli's probably my favorite character in the show.

You can watch all of the episodes on this website, except for the new ones today. At least, the site worked last I checked. Most people regard "Never Judge A Hyena By Its Spots" as the best episode of season one.

watchtlg.netlify.com

He has some good stuff. I dunno if I'd call him the star though.

>In the second episode, the Lion Guard bully a crocodile for 22 minutes before realizing they fucked up. A fairly weak episode, but it wasn't the worst one I've seen.

Why do they bully a croc user? Also, why do you like the show so much? Not judging. I get my roommate to watch Sofia and Elena with me on the pretense of liking the animation. She's an artist, so se also likes to see what's up.

I'm hoping Steve Blum's character will show up again in season two. Of all of the one-off villains, he was my favorite. I could listen to Steve Blum's voice all day.

Does Kion know any more shouts besides Fusrodah or is that the only trick he's got

The crocodile in question was the leader of the crocodiles, who served as an antagonist in a number of season one episodes. As such, they don't trust him, but he was completely innocent in the episode. Simba invited him to a summit to work out an agreement to keep the animals from all killing one another during the dry season. Kion and his friends assumed the crocodile was at the summit to ruin things.

The Lion Guard feels like a TV-Y7 cartoon to me. It's not like other preschool cartoons that I've seen. I mean, I can watch cute stuff like Sheriff Callie's Wild West or Whisker Haven Tales, but when I watch them, they're clearly preschool. So much talk about friendship and things like that. The Lion Guard doesn't really try to teach morals, and when it does, they're not conventional morals. One of the season one episodes was about how some stereotypes exist for a reason and you can't always expect that trusting people will work out.

I don't feel like this show is talking down to its audience. The songs are the only thing that is decidedly preschool. Some people like them. Some people don't. I find them to be a mixed bag, as I've said.

Honestly you're making me want to give it a try. I kinda wrote it off as 'mlp for boys' but with less waifus. So pointless.

Does he get more lion guard powers than fus-roh-dah?

There was an episode in season one where he controlled it differently, which was sort of like an upgrade. Frankly, his "abilities" aren't a part of the show I really like.

There's a special coming up in a few weeks that deals with him seeing Scar's ghost after misusing the roar in anger, so maybe we'll get more insight from that one.

Well, I'm going to go back to sleep. Hopefully the thread is still up in a few hours. Maybe the episodes will be on the site for everybody to see by then.

This show ruined the timeline and it makes me mad. Why couldn't it just be a show about Kiara?

so technically that honey badger is simba's brother right?

they got both adopted by timon and pumbaa.

They do basically point that out
youtu.be/ZBMnaYcJgWY

did he ever make kion call him "uncle"?

It's interesting how the show is animated in 3D, they characters move like they're 3D, but crappily due to cheap animation.

Sadly I end up mistaking it for 2D Flash animation because of how cheap the textures are. Even the expressions aren't expressive at all compared to hand drawn animation and high-budget 3D from Pixar.

>youtu.be/

bump

>mlp for boys

The Loud House?

Have the Loud House sisters all gotten butt tattoos with magical powers?

Slept longer than I wanted to, but I'm glad this thread is still up. I'd like to post some of the comics, if I could, but nobody seems to upload them anymore. They tend to release one every month, and while they're less than a dozen pages each, it's still a sign of how much the network is trying to promote the show. It's already been renewed for a third season, so I don't expect it will end anytime soon.

figuratively, yes.

Next week's episode is The Traveling Baboon Show.

>The Lion Guard must work together to chase away a baboon comedy troupe that has been distracting the other animals with their antics and stealing their food.

Then it's "Ono & The Egg" the week after.

>Ono begrudgingly becomes the protector of a cuckoo bird’s egg left in his nest and chases off an African harrier hawk who has come to the Pride Lands to hunt for tasty new treats.

Then it's the Scar special.

>After using the Roar of the Elders in anger, Kion unwittingly summons the Pride Lands’ greatest villain, Scar. *David Oyelowo (“Selma”) guest stars as Scar and Landry Bender (Disney Channel’s “Best Friends Whenever”) guest stars as Makini, Rafiki’s spirited young mandrill apprentice. Christian Slater (Disney XD’s “Milo Murphy’s Law”) recurs as Ushari the snake.

Doesn't look like those episodes are going up on that website anytime soon. I don't think the website is approved by Disney and it'll probably take them some time to resolve those "technical problems" the site mentions.

That time he yelled at the water until it went away?

Maybe? I don't even remember the specifics. As I've said, I prefer to largely ignore his roar and Mufasa's stupid ghost.

I have no idea who most of these people are.

>Additional guest stars for the new season include Tony Award-winning actress Renée Elise Goldsberry ("Hamilton") as Dhahabu, a charismatic golden zebra; Academy and Grammy Award-winning rapper, actor, producer and poet Common ("Selma") as Kiburi, an arrogant crocodile; Kristofer Hivju ("Game of Thrones") as Kenge, a ferocious monitor lizard; AJ Mclean ("Backstreet Boys") as Kuchimba, an adorable golden mole; Carla Hall (ABC's "The Chew") as Mpishi, a "foodie" African harrier hawk; Christopher Jackson ("Hamilton") as Shujaa, a massively strong gorilla; CCH Pounder ("Avatar") as Kongwe, a wise old turtle; Rico Rodriguez (ABC's "Modern Family") and Raini Rodriguez (Disney Channel's "Austin & Ally") as Raha and Starahe, a brother and sister zebra duo; SINBAD (Disney's "First Kid") as Uroho, a comedic baboon; Michael Dorn ("Star Trek: The Next Generation") as Bupu, a large sable antelope; Justin Hires ("MacGyver") as Hodari, a tiny gecko; Jacob Bertrand, Mekai Curtis and Cade Sutton (stars of Disney XD's "Kirby Buckets") as Chama the elephant, Furaha the monkey and Mzaha the antelope, respectively; and Landry Bender (Disney Channel's "Best Friends Whenever") as Makini, Rafiki's spirited young mandrill apprentice.

I really like the nerd berd. He's a cute.

I like him as well. I like all of the characters, except for Bunga. Beshte is also sort of just there - he never really does much of anything.

Fuli is my favorite character. I'd like to see more of Kiara and her friends as well, but they seem to be tertiary characters.

>Snow and ice in the african savannah

On top of the mountain range just outside the African Savannah
youtube.com/watch?v=N5FoL3i8Lmw

I explained that in the filename. They left the pride lands and climbed up a mountain. Perhaps unrealistic, since you'd have to climb crazy high, but there is snow in Africa.

I guess that's it for this week. Despite the two-episode premiere, there wasn't a lot to talk about. These threads have always been hit-or-miss. The episode with Jasiri gave the show a big boost, but most of the threads for season one episodes were just about as inactive as this one. It wasn't until Zira and Vitani showed up that the threads became popular again, however briefly.

Next week's episode doesn't inspire confidence in me, as I hate monkeys and baboons, but maybe it'll be better than it seems.

Shouldn't an adult jackal easily overpower a juvenile honey badger? He's not even fully grown.