Any good comics about the Crusades?

Anyone know if there's any comics worth reading about the crusades that don't make out Christians as the bad guys?

None. Most comic book artists know VERY little of history.

>Anyone know if there's any comics worth reading about the crusades

There are none.

Which is a damn shame, history is neat.
>No siege of Vienna comic
>No Napoleonic Wars comic
>No Berber Wars comic
>No WWI comic about anything but trench warfare or Gallipoli
>No 30 Years war comic

There's a 3-part Napoleon comic starting with his early years in the 1790s if you can read French or Dutch. Franco-Belgian comics tend to go into historical stories. Pic related is a series on the Hunderd Years War, can recommend.

Lake of fire has crusaders in it

Goddamn where is that page from Requiem Cavalier Vampire with the satanic Teutons crushing Slavs when you need it?

>Anyone know if there's any comics worth reading about the crusades that don't make out Christians as the bad guys?
Oh nevermind, OP is a fucking cocksucking faggot anyway.

I can't think of much in the way of medieval comics that actually pay attention to history in the first place. There's that Crecy comic of course, that always gets posted on /tg/. Your best bet is probably Prince Valiant.

Tank general

Why? Christians were not the badguys and neither were the muslims.

The causes of the war were varied and explaining them all would be really hard.

Filthy Saracen detected

But the Christians were the bad guys.

Well, to avert inevitable derail i'm going to post something vaguely related to crusades

The latest of Sup Forumss attempts at historical revisionism is that in the Crusades the Christians were 100% in the right good guys fighting evil Muslims who attacked first. So the typical attempt to break down morally and politically complex history into simple good vs evil to fit into a modern political narrative. Its made any discussion on the period effectively impossible under politically charged shitflinging.

Oh nice, rarely see Aftershock stuff storytimed

yeah, naughty bits have been censored by the storytimer whom I copied this

I only have the first part

Muslims did attack first tho.

There are several jap comics about napoleon.

There's that one guy that does crusade era short comics, comics of crusade era set novels and medieval style religious art.

Well, it's not black and white, but the Christians were fighting against an expanding Muslim empire.

>
>lgtb

>newfag

Solomon's Thieves sort of counts. Both good guys and bad guys are Christians, and it takes place from the perspective of crusaders coming back after King Richard's crusade and getting hassled by the church on made up charges of heresy.

I have not read the ending, just the first book.

The author made sure to do some research for this book, but unfortunately I no longer have my scans as I lost it in a hard drive crash and the MEGA I made for it is dead.

There's, like, one issue of Promethea?

>naughty bits
and that's probably why there isn't a lot of Aftershock stuff storytimed. This is technically a blue board

>No WWI comic about anything...
The closest we'll ever get to that is Scott Westerfeld's Levia-
>...but trench warfare or Gallipoli
-well, never mind.

>think it's about Crusaders vs demons, the perfect plot
>it's about aliums
Fug, I just wanna see some knights deus vult all over the armies of hell.

In Ukraine we mostly have Cossack-era comics.

Is this the Doctor Who Matt Smith ?

And thats all I have, hope you enjoyed

Of course not.

thanks for the story time, man.

Crusaders vs. crusaders?

Just like my family history! One of my ancestors went on crusade, and got shanked in the back by one of his fellow knights somewhere in some crusader castle in Turkey or Syria.

It's just natural, seeing as the Crusade has been painted as 100% the bad guys in most modern media up until now. I entirely agree with you that its far more nuanced than that, but it was definitely necessary for the Christian world at the time to retaliate after years of muslim invasions and conquest in turn.

On the topic at hand, Crusaders shouldn't be shown as the wholly evil side in comics. (nor the muslims) I'd love it if they were presented as inept yet lucky in at least one story.

>seeing as the Crusade has been painted as 100% the bad guys in most modern media up until now.
People keep saying this, but I fucking devour all historical drama, campy action shit, or realistic shit - and it is NEVER 100% bad guys. You're fucking retarded.

It was the Seljuks that pushed things too far by actually raiding holy sites and killing Christians rather than just taxing them like the Umayyads

>I'd love it if they were presented as inept yet lucky in at least one story.
You mean like all those times they ended up massacring and looting their fellow Christians because ~who~ would have guessed that Christians in the Middle-East look just the same as Muslims in the Middle-East?