Homecoming

Will we break a billion worldwide again bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/07/15/what-spider-man-homecomings-awful-73-plummet-means-for-marvel-and-for-superhero-movies/#4afbfa791672
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I could be at a pride march right now

I just want him to come out, it would make me so happy.

Only when Disney PR department deems it viable

his face
>this is what my years of acting school hath brought me...oh woe unto such a perplexed individual as I shall be a dancing simian for theis moment in my epoch

On the other hand, if he really isn't gay then he has the ultimate bromance with Harrison, and that's awesome too.

Not even close.

It's not even making GotGv2 money. It's making non-inflation adjusted SM1 dollars so expecting it to do well ($750M or more) is an easy reach.

A little more, quite possibly.

A lot more - NOPE.

It's literally making 2002 Spider-Man money in 2017, as a 3D movie. But in it's defense, this is a pretty lukewarm box office summer.

>Will we break a billion worldwide again bros?
>we

I don't know about y'all, but I'm not actually making any money off this film.

Then how did you arrive to this cantonese image board that we at Disney / Sony use to ask for sex slaves in a deeply coded slang?

Will we atleast beat JeWonderWoman guys?

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/07/15/what-spider-man-homecomings-awful-73-plummet-means-for-marvel-and-for-superhero-movies/#4afbfa791672
>But things quickly turned sour for the Sony-Marvel co-pro yesterday when the grosses fell off a cliff, tumbling 73.2 percent from the first Friday’s $50.8 million tally to an estimated $13.6 million on the second. That’s one of the worst Friday-to-Friday drops the 16-movie Marvel Cinematic Universe has ever seen—only Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War fared worse—and it's by far the worst for any of Sony’s 6 Spider-Man movies. Even the heavily front-loaded and relatively poorly reviewed Spider-Man 3 fell by a lesser margin on its second Friday.

Where were you when the MCU died a slow painful death.

of course we will

we're crushing it at the box office right now and there's NOTHING that can compete

It's a burned out franchise that people are sick of seeing rebooted.

I'm amazed it did as well as it has.

Exactly Homecoming is in Batman Begins' shoes.
No body was expecting much from it and were burned by two bad entries in a row prior.

I guess scrapping uncle ben was a mistake afterall.

THE MCU IS DOING GREAT

this is all Sony's fault they should've promoted it better

you'll see after Venom and Black Cat bomb and Marvel gets the FULL rights back

OH GOD THIS IS SINGAPORE

Waiting for an MCU film which wasn't an attempt at rebooting an old film series

>dude it made less than one kabajillion dollars
>is the MCU DEAD NOW???? YASSSS

seriously DChumps are pathetic

but I guess it's to be expected when they only have two movies left in their dead cinematic universe and we already have the next 10 years planned

Its all because the entire movie was shown in the trailers and no one wants to go watch it after word of mouth from the ppl who saw it in the first week.

>they should've promoted it better
They hocked this thing hard as fuck, are you kidding?

>we

BritFag here.
They really didn't for us

You better start doing some cardio, chubs, or you won't be there to enjoy an endless stream of "the next one will make this movie better " MCU goodness!

>73% drop

This is embarrassing

I can't believe a Wonder Woman film might make more money than Spider-Man and Ironman.

July 14
>War for the Planet of the Apes

July 21
>Dunkirk
>Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

July 28
>Atomic Blonde
>The Emoji Movie

Homecoming was literally dead on arrival, no way the movie can recover from its 60% drop this weekend.

>Even twink Spiders get bitches

With great power comes great responsibility.

I don't understand what went wrong with the b.o. In this version Spider-man was very modern and relatable and had none of that uncle Ben crap that hangs over him like a curse.

Would you call it.... Amazing?

Itsbtge highschool thing everyone is so sick of that theme even higschoolers

Also the force diversity in trumps america will be box office poison.

just

>Exactly Homecoming is in Batman Begins' shoes.
Not really, almost a decade passed between B&Robin and BBegins, and the two movies were radically different in tone as well.

what is inflation.

A fetish.

And 2002 SM didn't make 1B as OP (which was likely weak console-war bait since this is a pretty shit thread) states.

Also, side note in direct response to you. 3D and premium format theaters aren't providing the kinds of bumps to films (even when you would expect it to - say Transformers, or GotGv2, etc.).

The better comparison is ticket sales. Which is why Sound of Music and Gone With The Wind still beat things like The Force Awakens, and any superhero movie ever in box office.

It a buzzword jews came up with to make more money.

Begins was a new start after B&R poisoned the well. It's not a 1:1 exact circumstance but you can see how it's similar.

>Exactly Homecoming is in Batman Begins' shoes.

Batman Begins came out 8 years after Batman & Robin and was the first actual reboot for the franchise.

Homecoming came out just 3 years after the last entry of the previous reboot.

Homecoming is closer to Batman v Supermans shoes.

I hate Spider-man and want the MCU to fail, but it's disingenuous to present second week drops alone as proof. All comic book movies have huge openings and huge drops because comic fans all want to see the movie the first week. The second week there will always be fewer potential viewers since so many people see them week 1.

It's fair to point to Homecomings lower than expected opening though, and it is true that its drop was larger than foreseen and threw off tjr movie's projections, but second week drops alone are not enough to damn a movie.

3D tickets are also more expensive these days

>implying Valerian isn't a massive bomb
>implying ANY of those stand a chance against spiderman

>Homecoming is closer to Batman v Supermans shoes.
no? Amazing Spiderman 2 was nowhere near as well received as Dark Knight Rises

>>Atomic Blonde
>>The Emoji Movie

Atomic Blonde won't be the next Lucy, Mad Max fans notwithstanding. And Dunkirk won't be a huge hit, no one is really that interested in a World War movie that doesn't include space ships and aliens, Nolan notwithstanding. Dunkirk will go the same way as Interstellar, which made less than Inception.

Nobody cares about the British cinema market.

Money loses value over time. Think of what $10 can buy nowadays. You won't be able to get as much with $10 in a few years because the value of money decreases.

So when talking about how much money you made years ago, it helps to calculate how much money you'd need TODAY to be able to buy the same amount of stuff as you could back then.

>This franchise pumps out tons of movies! That's a proven sign of high quality!

>And Dunkirk won't be a huge hit, no one is really that interested in a World War movie that doesn't include space ships and aliens, Nolan notwithstanding. Dunkirk will go the same way as Interstellar, which made less than Inception.
this the only people interested in it are retards who are fans of one of the "actors" who used to be in some kind of band

also it's out Friday and the reviews are STILL embargoed that's never a good sign and it's WB so you KNOW it's terrible

When Marvel's biggest character underperforms? Yeah that's a bad sign

>Amazing Spiderman 2 was nowhere near as bad received as Batman and Robin

FIFY

I can almost taste the trepidation in your writing

>it's good because there are lots of movies
>not because every one of those lots of movies are critically loved and huge financial successes

>second week drops alone

They also indicate word of mouth. Remember, WW made less it's opening weekend than SS, BvS or MoS and, at various points in their respective runs, WW has beaten their domestic grosses. That's purely a word of mouth. Generally, at this stage in the release, WW should not still be in this many theaters.

Planet of the Apes is ALREADY assblasting Spider-Man. Valerian was, as of the past week's projections, expecting a $20M opening weekend for a independent release - no one thought it was going to open at $100M, or even $50 M. Lucy opened with $43M and that was with a well-known actress. So if it doesn't make $35, it will not be as successful as the financiers hopes, but $20-$25M does not mean 'bomb' - much less 'massive bomb.'

That's literally what my post was meant to suggest: Homecoming is selling fewer tickets than 2002 SM, because it's doing the same numbers despite higher ticket prices and 3D.

>Marvel's biggest character
overseas

Also Iron Man is Marvel's biggest character now

You're literally always wrong
*Breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

and Iron Man isn't in the movie?

>First week
>BEST SPIDER-MAN MOVIE EVER!
>Literally one week later
>Spider-Who?

Yeah great movie there Marvel

Are you being ironic?

Batman and Robin has 10% on RT and 15% of people liked it. TASM2 has 52% on RT and 65% of people liked it.

This is basically a sped-up version of every superhero movie

Civil War had a bigger drop in its first week and it made a billion dollars

>where are the dicks?
>and why aren't they in my ass?

Yeah, but and it's going to feel it more. That's one nasty ass drop.

again, CW and Ultron had bigger drops and they still made a ton of money

CW and Ultron also had bigger openings, less competition and wider releases around the same time. By the time China gets it, it might already be too late.

>>Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
The movie looks good
But there's something about it. It just says "massive flop"

>Even twink Spiders get bitches
In Tom Holland's case that's "with unwanted power comes great misery."

Batman Begins had a weaker opening yet stronger legs, though.

What is it with gay men and squeaky voices? Are they doing it on purpose? Half the time you can identify someone's sexuality by their voice alone.

They literally have the amygdalas of heteosexual women. Same with lesbians in reverse. People say "oh my brain's wired differently" and don't think for a second what that actually means.

they showed a five minute preview for Valerian at Dolby before Spiderman.

All I remember from Spiderman was that 5 minute preview for another movie.

Valerians going to be amazing.

Holland's voice is pretty deep for his size though isn't it?

Be glad homophobes are just using the bible to condemn gays, because homosexuality could easily be seen as undesirable on a pure biological basis.

Pizza time

how many "slices" do you want, congressman? *wink*

>Its all because the entire movie was shown in the trailers
They really didn't

The film doesn't open in China cause they released in July, the month China blocks foreign films.

Only Harrison has high pitched voice tho (I'm assuming that's a glee character who sang that Christmas song in the most gayest sounding voice ever)

As if success in China really means anything.

I'm sure I could make a successful business rendering people unconscious for an hour or two to forget the communist hellscape they live in.

>read that on his voice
thanks for the laugh

The monument scene, the plane scene, the beach fight among plane crash fire, the warehouse pillars scene, the ferry scene, most of iron man scene, 4 min from opening, most of city scenes, web shooter combinations/suit ai.

The trailers spoiled 90% of the movie and all the setpieces.

One thing that needs to be brought up regarding box office performance is all these tentpole films opening one week after another. Hollywood is becoming the video game industry by dumping all their big releases in the fall and leaving nothing for the rest of the year.

We had Pirates, Wonder Woman, Cars 3, Transformers and more open one week after another.

Good thing I only watched the first trailer. All I knew about the movie was that Iron Man was in it and Vulture looked cool.

Valarian will make the majority of its money in Europe where it's a known IP.
Similar to the way Tintin performed well and the only reason we haven't gotten a sequel yet is FUCKING HACKSON! I HATE YOU SOOO MUCH REEEEEEEEEEEE!

WB buyout of Marvel when?

Requesting a Wonder Woman pegging Spiderman in front of MJ with a smug face and Spidey doing an ahegao.

I live in Germany and there's honestly a general and genuine interest in it. I feel like it's the movie people talk the most about atm. I don't doubt it'll perform fine over here.

I live in England and haven't seen a single trailer for Valarian or heard anyone talking about it

who dat?

not necessarily, considering it is apparent in many species outside of humanity, it would show nature using it as a natural curb to population growth. Otherwise why would other species other than humans have it? Since we're one of the few species with higher level intelligence. If sexuality is some more basic, and we've observed the behavior in a lot of mammals, it means it has a wider purpose since it has no direct species translation beyond population stopping.

england isn't in the EU. You get to watch american shit

I think they're the cutest couple ever

Even assuming all these movies are going to steal the number one BO spot from HC the same happened to WW and it didn't matter in the long run

Italian here, same. I'd guess the bigger audience would be in France, Belgium and such

It's too bad hollywood has a penchant for only hiring gay men.

sauce

Adjusted to June 2017 dollars, Spider-Man 1 made $1.2 billion at the box office. With a greater than average proportion of the total being domestic.

Holy shit, this isn't just gay. This actually babying somebody. Who the hell has their shoelaces tied by someone else?