youtube.com/watch?v=gnB5KzD5_HE
youtube.com/watch?v=PjZohyn7Vjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=gnB5KzD5_HE

(((They))) don't want you to know.

"Objectivism" = Autism

>Redpill me

eat a bucket of HIV diarrhea and then kill yourself with a hammer

Is that a mask or is that just his face?

There's nothing to know.

It's a mask

youtube.com/watch?v=PjZohyn7Vjc
>The Question enjoys listening to corporate prepackaged pop

Mask. Well more like a latex cover-thing that can only be removed if you spray a specific substance on it first.
So...fake skin covering?

>can only be removed if you spray a specific substance on it first
Does he have to do that every time he eats or drinks?

Question IS the redpill

He was originally created by Steve Ditko as a backup feature for Blue Beetle over at Charlton comics. He's Vic Sage, an investigative journalist who wears a faceless mask when he has to do illegal shit, such as breaking and entering and punching people in the face. His early comics are kinda meh. Gorgeously drawn (there's even a bunch of issues by Alex Toth) but ultimately pretty bland and wordy, filled with objectivist diatribes and cartoony-ass villains and characters. Mr. A is a much better insight into Ditko's politics and philosophy, not to mention his visual skills.

Then, in the late 80s, after DC bought Charlton and its characters, longtime Batman/Green Arrow writer Denny O'Neil pitched a new Question ongoing that was and still is one of the absolute best things ever published by DC. Mixing hard-boiled gritty crime drama with zen philosophy and martial arts action, it's a tremendously character-based story with hints of magical realism and just plain realism all the way through. Fantastic stuff, even if it's a radical departure from Ditko's run.

Which is kind of a running theme with Question: every single Question writer reimagines him in some way, keeping the broad strokes basics of the character but switching things around. So JLU's conspiracy buff Question, for instance, has no real hard basis on any comics run, save for a handful of lines that reference Ditko. Luckily for the character, most of those changes are fairly interesting in their own ways, so most of his stuff is worth checking out. If you'd like to check some of it out, I'd strongly recommend O'Neil's run.

yeah, its specifically referred to as artificial skin.

Thanks Judge user.

>Supergirl: you go through my trash?
>Question: oh please... I through everyone's trash

Now do one for Deadman! You can't expect me to keep action figures of characters I don't know much about, now can you?

NOT CONSPIRACIES
CONSPIRACY

Sorry, I know jack fuck about Deadman other than a vague idea of his backstory and that Neal Adams drew him and it kicked ass.
So, uh... look for the Neal Adams stuff?

He was originally supposed to be Rorschach from the Watchmen.

Other way around, user.

man that question was awesome, I respect the rest but this one was straight up FUN

He's voiced by the greatest actor of all time, Jeffrey Combs.

Wasn't he like Judas Iscariot or some sinner in N52? What's up with that then?

Judas did nothing wrong.

Nah, that was Phantom Stranger. But Question was part of the Trinity of Sin with him and Pandora, as some kind of douchey ancient king who had his identity stripped from him along with his face and was doomed to forever roam the world, QUESTION-ing his real self. Because Johns.

Far as I know nobody has ever really dealt with that and the whole Trinity of Sin went away quick as sin.

>being this bluepilled

The Jewish Question?

Trips of truth

Aglets

Yes. however, there have been moments in the comics where his spray can is empty and he can't take off his mask.

is that one of the other V.A.s singing the song on the radio? voice sounds really familiar

Yeah that's Cree Summer. Don't think it's one of her actual songs, they just got her to sing something generic into the radio for a minute and then had Jeffrey Combs sing it back.

Just read Adams' Deadman mini coming soon.

yeah Trinity of Sin was fucking retarded. I can't believe I wasted my time on Blight

He was fucking cool until his demonic/supernatural, retarded back-story came into play. Has that been retconned by the way?

He doesn't wear the mask all the time, user.

eat shit

Rorschach is red pilled question.

Not an argument, kid.

I don't know if it's been retconned, but it may as well have been forgotten. I don't think any of that Trinity of Sin stuff stuck around, with good reason. The Question was too good a character to have been saddled with that shit.

Orginally Watchmen was going to be written with all the characters brought over from Charleston Comics. I believe they then decided not to let Moore use the characters.

Interestingly, when Frank Miller contiuned his Dark Knight Returns series he brought in the Question who acted alot more like Rorschach.

After one of the DC crisis's the series Fifty Two started. I haven't finished it but what I read was great.

The Question devolps cancer from his mask I believe, and takes long time batman side character Reynee Montoya, under his wing and trains her to be the next Question... before he sadly passes away and she takes up the mantle.

I remember when he falls through the floor and hits the ground. "Elf needs food badly". One of my favorite characters.

Miller's Question was really more like Mr. A

This is a real pet peeve of mine: out of deference to Ditko, or sometimes a desire to just write Rorschach, a lot of writers have this need to constantly bring back his version of the character. But from a purely character-based point, Ditko's Question to me is just boring. There's not really a lot to him besides some cool visuals, and Mr. A is even cooler at that than him.
Meanwhile, other than Greg Rucka, nobody at DC seems to have even glanced at O'Neil's Question, which is an absolutely seminal run that turned Vic from a one-note mouthpiece to a tremendously well-developed three-dimensional character. And yet, nobody wants to even try to do something with that except Rucka. I can understand not wanting to mess with what's a very tight, defining run, but you'd think someone would at least bring back some elements of it. Instead, we have Johns giving Vic Rorschach word balloons.
It just really Vics my Sages.

When will "redpill" get filtered to "spponfeed"?

I feel the same way. My favorite part of how O'Neil characterizes the Question is how he tried to force the world to be simple to understand. He wanted there to be clear good guys and bad guys he could punch and it would solve all of his problems. I like the implication that he only used to like objectivism because it's a very black and white ideology (Ditko himself uses a ton of black and white imagery in Mr. A). When Ditko wrote him he was just a mouthpiece for that ideology, but O'Neil actually made it part of his development as a character. Cape characters can change a lot when a new writer takes over, but I feel that O'Neil's the only one who made an effort to make that transition feel like a natural progression for Vic's character.

42 is the answer

Wiseass acrobat Boston Brand gets assassinated and is charged by a pseudo-Hindu deity Rama Kushna with solving his own murder and maintaining balance in the world.

Adam's mini is a great place to start, as well as Gaiman's Books of Magic, which is a great jumping on point for almost any DC horror character, and the JLU episode "Dead Reckoning".

>Redpill

Fuck you.

Oh man this. When will we see a rematch between Vic and Riddler?

What I particularly like about that progression is that it begins with Vic facing something that can't be easily understood in his former, black and white worldview. It quite literally kills him. Then he has his year in the mountain with Richard which really expands his mind and he comes back a more balanced, thoughtful and introspective person. But as his own insecurities start coming out to light more and more along with the growingly destructive state of Hub City, he finds himself seeking out the simplicity of beating up bad guys to silence his own doubts as a sort of return to easier days. So it's natural not just in the way it goes from A to B, but also in everything else that happens after B. Vic's life doesn't become a bed of roses because he changed, and his lingering character flaws come back with a vengeance the more he puts himself in extreme situations. It's just super fucking compelling and a prime example of how to write a relatable human bean in a comic.

And in the end those insecurities are his undoing, and he straight up runs away. He doesn't save Hub City, he doesn't make it a better place to live, he can't even save the handful of people that are still close to him. The ultimate resolution of his arc is that he can't handle the pressure and RUNS AWAY.

You were right when it feels like Rucka was the only one who read this run, because I love how it all ends up resolved in 52. Renee is a lot like Vic in that way, in that she ultimately runs away from her problems.

Even better: he doesn't just run away, he comes back in Quarterly. For all the apocalyptic self-destruction he went through, at the end of the day life goes on and he finds himself coming back to Hub, even if just for a short while. That's what really makes it human to me: you may feel like your life is over, you may feel like your entire world has been destroyed, but life goes on. That he leaves a second time shows he's learned his lesson and understood that sometimes, yeah, the only solution is to just leave.
Here's what I love about 52 too: Renee has the same problems as Vic but comes from a different place. Throughout Gotham Central we see her resorting to violence to simplify complicated matters as her life is torn to pieces around her (beating up the PI filming her, kicking Corrigan's ass, etc.) and she uses her good intentions to justify herself. Which is exactly what Vic used to do. Having seen that, how the fuck is Vic NOT going to try and help her? Just like how he tried to help Helena in Cry for Blood.
And his death, small and pitiful and just inches away from a literal magic place that could heal what is a very real problem, is the perfect capstone for all that. He doesn't fall in battle or perishes saving the universe. All he manages to do is save one person. Just one single, solitary human being, just like him. And in the end, that's the best anyone without powers can really hope for.