Why does he end up completely jobbing every time?

Why does he end up completely jobbing every time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BzSNrwNpw0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's basic, man.

Because he'd be too terrifying for children otherwise.

It's a shame too, because in a better show he could have been truly great. The whole "I am beyond strength" stuff is fantastic, but completely meaningless if he's actually really easy to take out time and time again.

>Cartoon hypes up a bad guy
>Ends up jobbing because either rushed episode or poor slow pacing

AT, SU, SVFOE, MLP, and to an extent, Gravity Falls.

It's a crying shame. The first iteration of the Lich was genuinely imposing, but the writers just didn't manage to take him anywhere interesting after that due to

Pretty much this. The very reason that people like the Lich in that his motivations are simple but disastrous also his weakness.
The, I guess, embodiment of the absence of love and hope is pretty fucked when people realize that as easy as it is to hate and lose will, the other is just as easy when you actually try.

I thought the Sweet P stuff was neat. Besides that, they can't take him anywhere because they're saving it for the endgame.

I still can't believe how quickly they blew their load on toffee
I don't think any cartoon recently has had a good recurring villain and it fucking sucks that they just turned the lich into a baby

>cartoon villain hyped up as insanely strong and nearly unbeatable
>taken down in one or two hits

Surprisingly common

>Cartoon hypes up a bad guy
>Ends up jobbing because either rushed episode or poor slow pacing
>AT, SU, SVFOE, MLP, and to an extent, Gravity Falls.

The problem is that, in the way its writen, if the bad guy wins they win absolutely, either bill is an all powerfull elder god forever or he isn't, the lich either destroys the universe forever or he doesn't, so it all ends up being a few high stakes battles that the heroes HAS to win becouse if not then there's no story, the way action/adventure cartoons are dictated says the good guy wins at the end but by having the main bad appear and lose every time (Becouse they have no choice but to lose giving the stakes) is what makes them jobbers, the solution is very simple, have the bad guys win, not all the time, some small victories, some important victories and THEN have them lose at the end, the last air bender did this very well and to some extend so did SVFOE.

Because hes the type of villian where if he wins ebmven once the story is over

Consistently menacing villains are a lost art in general, not just in cartoons.

We need to go back to simpler power-level villains.
Megabyte was always a threat and his fight with Matrix was too climactic to be considered jobbing.
youtube.com/watch?v=BzSNrwNpw0g

He should have had cultists or some more ominous lore building for him prior to him going ape shit on their realm. Maybe have some kind of really vague/skewed interpretation of how horrible things almost got before Billy managed to fight him off. Maybe like an entire area that's just decrepit and dead due to his extended presence, really push the idea that he's a maw of death and misery. Be a good opportunity to pay homage to Akira too considering they're both similar concepts in terms of character, can never have enough of that in Western animation.

Instead we just kind of got a sub-powerful wizard that looks spoopy. His plans were way too specific and convoluted, achieving "death to all things" when you're literally a Lich isn't very hard. Just bad writing. He could have been a simplistically great villain with bone chilling atmosphere but instead he's just wasted potential.

Finn said it himself, hes basic has a one track mind and it makes him fail.

Because he's a Horned King ripoff and the shame prevents him from being more effective.

And Horned King is a poor man's Chernabog, so that's twice the shame.

Villains in children's cartoons will never truly win. As this user said, you can't have the Lich spread death and ruin over the world successfully until the endgame.

Though the Lich is still more dark and intimidating that Bill, Toffee, and the Diamonds combined. I'll give AT props for that.

I don't disagree, but Bill is one of the least intimidating villains out there.

Is it really jobbing if he never manages to make use of his Well of Power?

Because it's a children's cartoon and the villain never permanently wins.
Name one, just one, cartoon where the scary villain wins in the last episode. You can't

Spectacular Spider-Man
:^)

>Maybe have some kind of really vague/skewed interpretation of how horrible things almost got before Billy managed to fight him off
Im saying this with great pain, but that was the reason why that one guy from horseshow was praised so much in the beggining.

how does orgalorg fit in the power scale of things in AT?

weaker or stronger than the lich?

still jobbed though.

What is that metal thing on his ribs?
I've never figured that out

The show is ending soon, he's going to be back.

Pretty low really. He's really tiny compared to the other monsters in "Gold Stars", and he was defeated by Glob using just a sword. I'd say he's probably on par with Hunson.

I think it's a holster for a sword, or something like that

On a sort of unrelated note, I found it interesting how Whispers implied that every version of the Lich across dimensions shares the same consciousness, and how he refers to Sweet P both as "a vessel" and "son"

It gets my noggin joggin' but it also makes me wonder how exactly they could kill the Lich off permanently; the guy seems literally indestructible and if there's infinite versions of him that all share the same soul then that means he's just going to keep trying over and over again until he eventually wins. How do you even get rid of something like that?

The only solution I can think of would either be imprisoning him somewhere that he absolutely can never escape, or somehow going back in time and stopping the comet from ever hitting the planet

>Toffee
>including Toffee with actual Big Villains

Seems more like something to set or fix broken ribs
Way too small to be a holster

>be the big bad of your universe
>get turned into a baby

I like that they mentioned Finn defeating him in many of the other Universes.

strange that they did an episode hyping how big he was supposed to be (aliens afraid to speak about him).

how about death? death was there when they had a party in prizmo's room. he can't do anything about the lich (whole undead thing) but can the lich affect him?