"I am an angry fish man and I want to fuck ur wife! I am a great character, right?"

"I am an angry fish man and I want to fuck ur wife! I am a great character, right?"

Yes you are namor.

Thank you! I too think that a character doesn't need good stories to be amazing, just two character traits are more than enough to capeshit. IMPERIUS REX!

He has a small dick, canon.

Him and lex luthor probably have the smallest dicks of all superheroes.

Why are you talking to your trident?

Namor is a superb character.

Just superb.

Fuckin' dogs 'n barrels ammaright?

>He didn't read Everett's Manor.
Shame on you. That shit's amazing.

It's more "a half breed anti-villain hates his human side as much as he loves his atlantean people"

I know why is that funny? Because it is spot-on.

Namor is just THI. Angry fish man. Nothing more. He had decades be grown beyond this and didn't. His fans only like him for homoerotic reasons, so they don't care about characterization, but sane people see how shallow he is.

>shallow character
>lives in the deep blue sea

it's poetic

Have you considered this was always the point? That it's both interesting but also funny?

Like for fuck's sake, the dumbass thought he could just put on a funny accent and pretend he's German and the krauts would believe him.

I have never seen anyone saying that they like Namor because he is shallow. It usually is the homoerotic side that gets them ("I like him because he is ALPHA!!1!", or "I like him because he is hot!").

Better than Aquaman.

That's a nice anecdote, user.
I like him because he's both a bit menacing and funny at the same time

Dude I posted that and I love Namor, calm your ass down. He's not treated that well but there's a lot of directions you can go in, there's a lot of comic book history you can tap, there's a lot of fanservice you can provide. He's a fine character.

Objectively false.

You actually get to see Arthur being king, while Namor never. Also, Arthur has more than two character traits, while Namor doesn't. This is why Aquaman has well-liked ongoings while Namor doesn't sell for shit.

>Being a king makes you a better character.
>The quantity of broad traits determines character quality.

What the fuck am I reading.

Angry, shallow, smallest dick, wants to fuck your wife, dumbass…sounds like Trump.

>More of angry fish man being angry for no reason
Amazing. Even my dog can express more than one emotion. I hope all Namor fans are also fans of my dog.

Is this what you're after?

>>Being a king makes you a better character.
Both are kings, but you only get to see it with Arthur.
>>The quantity of broad traits determines character quality.
More like "one of these characters clearly has more depth than the other".

He is more than just angry and horny. OP obviously does not read anything that involves the character.

>Thank you! I too think that a character doesn't need good stories to be amazing, just two character traits are more than enough to capeshit. IMPERIUS REX!
Oh it's you again.

Yeah, he also... he also has a silver-tongue when he tries to fuck your wife.

Reminder that the last thread ended with Namor fans admitting that his stories are trash.

>Reminder that the last thread ended with Namor fans admitting that his stories are trash.
Wow, you go and admit of being the same spaz as well. Anyway, I miss that thread end, and I happen ato I disagree.

But, ok OP, let’s give in your autistic fits for a second… you know how there’re movies where certain side characters that are really fun to watch, or amusing enough, and people like them? They say “X” was the best part of the movie, or “X” was one of my favourite characters, despite the fact the whole thing wasn’t about them, and overall they were pretty one-dimentional?

Maybe Namor doesn’t have classics under his belt, he doesn’t have a “The Killing Joke” or a “Demon in the Bottle”, where he’s the star of it, but he’s been around for the better part of a century, played a role in countless titles, ongoings and minis, so, why is it so hard to believe that thanks the sheer volume of appearances, that all mantained a pretty heterogeneous personality for him, he might have developed a group of fans? Like countless other characters did before and after him? Why does it bother you so much?

>People cared more when Bizarro died than when Namor died.

>and I happen ato I disagree.
You apparently don't, since you are basically saying that his stories ARE trash and you like him because he is a one-dimensional character in the background.

>Why does it bother you so much?
I don't like one-dimensional characters in the background.

To be fair no one was reading squadron supreme

>OP got cucked by Namor, that's why he keeps making these theads

Don't worry Reed, I'm sure the ol' rubber dick will have that whore of a wife of yours running back to you soon enough.

>You apparently don't, since you are basically saying that his stories ARE trash
Nop, I'm saying none of his stories are genre redefining masterpieces, because I'm pretty certain that's the only thing that would convince you.
John Byrne's run is good, the Suma-Ket Saga with Jae Lee's art was awesome. Milligan's Sub-Mariner is loads of fun, Giffen's Defenders: Indefensible is on par with his JLI run, Grant Morrison's 1234 is another story where Namor is downright perfect---

>I don't like one-dimensional characters in the background.
Oh wait, you're retarded. My bad.

Namor should rejoin x-men

I don't get what's wrong with having a fovourite side character,I love plastic man but he hasn't held a long running series,had his own killing joke or had a really in depth character outside of some hints here or there,I still like him,he has great interactions with characters I like,

user if people claim namor is the greatest or best character then yeah there bullshitting,but there's nothing inheritantly wrong about liking one dimensional characters,I love the emporer in star wars bit he's a shallow evil cackling mad man,but I like him because he entertains me,depth=\=entertainment and even a shallow character can be entertaining when written in a fun way

>John Byrne's run is good
>Giffen's Defenders: Indefensible is on par with his JLI run
Oh wait, you're retarded. My bad.

>Grant Morrison's 1234 is another story where Namor is downright perfect
It is literally "angry fish man trying to fuck someone's wife". Well, you're right, it is the perfect Namor characterization, since it is the only one.

Gillen wrote the best Namor

Also, I think we should dismiss that retard and just post some art

>Liking one-dimensional characters
>"People who don't like shallow characters should be dismissed."
Huh.

I wish they could just keep him on the Avengers.

The team needs that total asshole member that still comes in and saves everyone despite hating half of them. And he was Marvel's first Superman character.

I like Namor. He has pride, power, and he don't take no lip off of nobody

People try to talk down to him, and then he reminds them that he is the ruler of 70% of Earth

>Not liking Indefensible
>Saying 1234's Namor was angry.

OP, you're just embarrassing yourself.

He has become a villain

He really should have been a bit more durable than that. The guy has thrown down with top tier superbricks enough times in the past that some heat vision should not be an instant I Win button.

>Liking one-dimensional characters
>"OP YOU ARE EMBARASSING YOURSELF"
Also, this is literally "I plotted to kill your husband so I could fuck you". Sounds pretty "angry man trying to fuck someone's wife" to me.

Because you only like a character designed to be a homoerotic mess of self loathing in a speedo. ie NOT A CHARACTER

There's not liking a character and then there being so buttblasted others do you need weekly threads to vent

I like Namor
The Depth mini-series was GOAT

Come on...can't you just admit that you like the shallow 1 dimensional *Not*character because you like the mostly naked guy in a speedo?

There is nothing to like about the guy outside of the homoerotic design. Nothing, he has literally nothign

Avengers aren't gay enough for you?

There's liking background characters and there's liking one-dimensional characters for homoerotic reasons.

Namor - The First Marvel Character

I actually like Namorita in the old New Warriors days. I liked the balance that team had anyway, space guy, rich ninja guy, lab accident victim, mutant, princess of Atlantis..With Namorita being the physical powerhouse of the team. (way more than Nova at the time)

I read some Namor stuff after reading NW.

She was brought back in a random obscure story at the end of Rich's run and then never appeared again. So she is alive somewhere....just not doing anything.

>>user mad manor has one dimensional character of being angry,arrogant adulterer

>>some anons like that

>>HURR DURR NO DIMENSIONS YOU ONLY LIKE THE SUITS

I don't get it OP,you said it yourself he's one dimensional,his character is flat but it I still a character,he may not have development,depth or series you like but he has characteristics that appeal to some people,sorry the concept hurts

it's just "stop liking what I dislike"

>The first DC character is a wonder of cultural impact.
>The first Marvel character is a homo-dream that can't even sustain a book.

There is nothing to like. Which should be evident since every single book has failed and books that just include him tend to fail as well. The *not* character is poison

>I love plastic man but he hasn't held a long running series

But he had a long running series.

>I like a poorly made rule 63 fanfiction tier version of a homoerotic character!

You convinced me user, totally not gay. mmhmm....

user I like dr occult but his cultural impact ain't that big

>successful original series
>the first anti-hero
>the first flying character
>the earliest hero vs hero story
>comfy comic
>appearances also in Marvel Mystery comics, All-Star to name a few
>spawns a short living spin-off, Namora
>successful return with another long-running series that had Gerber writing
>cartoon in the 60s, one of the earliest marvel cartoons
>another long-running series, by Byrne

>When you like a terrible even more pathetic side version of an already terrible pathetic side character with even fewer character traits..

>So should we give this guy a name or...?
>Namor, that's perfect

>he may not have development,depth or series you like but he has characteristics that appeal to some people,sorry the concept hurts
To be fair, having no development, depth or good series doesn't do any favor to said character.

He will have more screentime than Namor ever will

Like I said,a one dimensional character can be entertaining,you might not like him that's perfectly fine,other people do trying to ignore those peoples existence or brush them off is just sad

>Namor
>Successful
HA!

His first comic was a blatant copy of Tarzan (in an underwater setting) using the style of "Action Comics". It never came close to the real deal.

So they have to fill in all the blanks with their own inner fanfiction to enjoy a non-character

Why not just make something up, or read Aquaman instead?

I wonder who is OP's favorite character? Probably someone gay.

When did I say they like him because he has some depth or character they make up or assume

Nowhere just that his attitude while one dimensional is appealing to some people particularly in team setting with the avengers,X men or Fantastic four

He's very intelligent too, OP.

Because if a character has nothing and you admit he has nothing then it's not a character.

You are basically admitting you like the homoeroticism because that is all Namor has ever had. You just want to "see" him and that's it.

Superman, Wally West and Peter Parker tied in the first place.

None of them needed gay appeal to build their fanbases.

Like I expected, Pure cancer

>Namor fans like one-dimensional characters more than characters with actual story and personality.
Not really surprised.

You can actually sum up all of Nam's adventures in one scenario
>Oh look something's happening
>It's probably because of this
>Completely opposite of that
>Nam just starts punching shit
and he wonders why no one likes him

I like reed and Namor arguing over reeds home life,I like namor and cyclops arguing and conflicting over leadership,I like him mocking and fighting with T challa over his actions,I like namor as Caps cranky war friend that manor. Grudgingly respects

He's not my favourite character,not in my top 10 but I cat say I dislike him because he entertains me when he's interacting with other characters,why this bothers you so much is a mystery to me

>I like reed and Namor arguing over reeds home life,I like namor and cyclops arguing and conflicting over leadership
The two scenarios were the same.

It was basically "Namor trying to outalpha a better person than he just because he wants to fuck his blonde wife". The. Same. Damn. Thing.

He has no use beyond this, and THIS is shit and only leads to soap-opera cancer.

She actually shows a lot of character growth in the few years she was on the team. And she was never the brooding angsty member (until that Kymeria thing but that was retconned)

She never acted like Namor at all and was a college student in NYC.

And even then, that shit was only tacked on as some means to try to prove he isn't gay.

>I like rule 63 Namor so I can pretend it isn't gay

is all I see here.....

I'd add Stark to the list. It explains why he's never had any long-term relationships (an ASIAN being the exception), is obsessed with upgrading his body and always has new "toys".

Maybe Doom as well. It'd explain why he hates Reed, the man who can literally stretch his dick, so much. He knows Reed has a bigger dick, a bigger brain and a bigger in-universe fanbase.

WHen the character looks gay and his fans like him for gay reasons, the only way to prove that the character itself isn't gay is making him a laughable over-the-top "alpha male".

It does not make a good story though.

Namor and reed an manor and cyclops had different dynamics,Namor wanted to be in charge of the x men an soon eyed cyclops a control freaks orders,pretty much took wolverines place after schism the whole thing with Emma was pretty much a side thing,whereas with reed he's jealous that reeds smarter an has a decent wife but doesn't appreciate her and he can't fathom why he sticks with him

Yeah both scenarios play up to manors ego but again it's a good dynamic that's readable and usually brings out the best in reed as a husband,Sue as a wife an Scott as a leader

A character playing similar roles in teams isn't absurd or bad,wolverines always the outsider rebel who makes the hard choices in both X men or Avengers books,doesn't make him unlikable because enjoy what he offers to both teams,can't see why it's wrong for manor to offer one role to two teams

So we really just cannot have a covo about a comic character in the comics section of this place because one spergy bitch just plain cannot handle people liking something he does not?

And he is autistic enough to furiously slam refresh over and over again so he can make a reply to each and every post in the thread within the minute...

Real question,there are so many one dimensional characters in comics like angel,ice man etc,why does manor push you buttons so bad OP

So Namor is exactly the same (no surprise there) but the actual dynamic characters actually show off their emotions in varying ways. Basically you can remove Namor from the picture and get the same result because they are real developed characters that display more things than mad fish guy.

Homoreotic fish man might as well be a poster on the wall that annoys them.

>A character playing similar roles in teams isn't absurd or bad,wolverines always the outsider rebel who makes the hard choices

This is what I think Avengers lacks, Namor could be a great asshole member. He would exist to piss Carol off every ten minutes and it would be amazing. Plus he would be a pretty good top level brick for the team when Thor and Hercules are fucking off somewhere.

>usually brings out the best in reed as a husband,Sue as a wife an Scott as a leader
But it doesn't. They make Reed an emotionless retard, they make Sue a horny woman who thinks seriously about cheating on her husband with someone who threatens the lives of her family members, and Namor involvement with the X-Men led to the character assassination of Emma Frost.

You are very original user.
So far the only one-dimensional things are your posts

Sick burn. Almost as well-thought-out as Namor's stories.

No I think Avengers have plenty of pointless homoerotic non-characters as it is. They will nt be helped by a gay poster standing in the background

Namor>Aquaman

>he has literally nothign

No I actually explained why I liked him, so it's not "nothign"

Maybe it's YOU that only sees him as a naked man

OP is obviously gay, and asks for acceptance of his gayness

To the gay crowd, maybe. And JUST maybe.

To anyone else, no. Why do you think Arthur has ongoings while Namor doesn't?

Sure, GayAnon.