Books that you wish had cartoon adaptations

Just a greek mythology themed cartoon is would be great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ngAnWpTAhck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As long as it's better than a movie

The Dresden Files.

*Better than the movie*

They'd actually have to try to make it worse

Literal shit is better than the movie

How would you like it to be done?

Artemis Fowl

NICO IS GAY

YOU'RE GAY

It's a pretty good character arc overall. Though he has got a bit too wimpy in the Trials of Apollo.

The vaguely Egyptian setting would be really cool to see.

Percy seems to get every character from the original series to want his dick

I'm no expert but I want loose but faithful adaptations of the books with the short stories and comics as filler.

Not based Zoe

>It's a pretty good character arc overall
Kinda pointless tho. You could have him be in love with Annabeth and get the same effect

But crushing on the hot girl wouldn't riddle a kid from a 1930s fascist country with guilt and self hatred.

The Secrets of Droon and that magic treehouse book where the kids go back in time would've made for great cartoons

Damn Rick

And having a gay crush on chad would be much more acceptable for him

Based Rick

i'm not Sup Forums but this would be fun

>creepy genetic monsters
>dieselpunk german machines
>alt-history
>boy falling for reverse trap that he doesn't know is a reverse trap
It has everything you could ever want

NICO IS CUTE FUCK YOU!

I feel like this would be possible to air on adult swin

Being a gay emo just makes him cuter

I'd rather fuck his sister

Sounds dope, what book?

The dead one or the black one?

The Leviathan Series. There's three of them and they take place in WWI.

Yes

Done like Reign, yeah.

>Secrets of Droon
My man

Also, pic related, but it is at least getting a movie.

Those violent murder cats and their badly animated AMVs give me so much nostalgia

Animorphs. And they need to leave in all the violence, missing limbs, taxxons eating themselves, et cetera.

Just watch Class of the Titans, bro.
Same concept of demigod child descendents with lolunique skills.

Had no idea this existed.
Thanks mate

Didn't this already had a TV series?

Holy shit. Had to check to see if they were real, and I'm glad they are.

Yeah but it was a live action series in the 90s. You can imagine how well that turned out.

I read the first book, and it sucked.

If they're going to do that, Netflix is the way to go.

Well that's just wrong.

Either Warriors or Legend of the Guardians the Owls of Ga'Hoole.

You mean ANOTHER greek mythology themed cartoon? Like all we have had until now didn't suck tons of dicks.

My fellow negro

I don't see him complaining about the money he made out of those movies.

Shoebag would make a fun kids movie. Assuming kids can overcome any fears of roaches.

They probably wouldn't get through all 9 books, but a series about Twig as a kid could be cool at least. Or hell, even an anthology set in the universe; there was certainly enough world-building.

Is that motherfucking Warrior Cats? That was my shit back in the day. It was neat seeing the writer not pussyfoot around Firestar's progression for too long, and actually let him be chief or whatever before the reader lost interest/died of old age. I also really liked how he receded into being a background character in the next series.

Yep. It's getting a movie made by a Chinese company and produced by the guy who did the Harry Potter movies.

The live action movies are good but it was born to be animated

Yeah, I'm pretty sure EVERBODY would be thirsty af for Harry's crew.

Pendragon

Are the egyptian god stories any good? I only read like two chapters of the first book and the short crossover stories between the greeks and egyptians, and I think a norse?

>boy falling for reverse trap that he doesn't know is a reverse trap

explain further please

My nigga

There's actually a musical of this now

Only one mention of Artemis Fowl? And these usually end up turning into unofficial AF discussion threads.
It's not suited for live action at all.

female protagonist poses as a boy to join the army

So there's this girl who's dad was a airman in the Royal Airforce, which consists of genetically modified animals. She can't because she's a girl in WWI Era England so her cousin who is helps her dress as a boy.
Meanwhile in Franz Ferdinand is assassinated and his only son is taken into hiding so he can be protected in order to reclaim the thrown. While on the run he and his guardian meet up with the airship that the reverse trap is on and convince them to help get him to safety to end the war. Along the way he begins to develop weird feelings that boys should not feel about other boys.

This.

I really want any one on one adaptation of Keith Thompson's work.. Worked for Blomkamp

Oddly enough, CN would probably pick this up if Landy tried.

Or anything by Pratchett, provided it got the right talent. I'd recommend Discworld but I'm afraid it'd take really good writing to properly adapt the world he's built

I remember thinking the Kane Chronicles(Egyptian) were alright. I need to get my hands on the Magnus Chase(Norse) books though.

And it's actually good, apparently.

>read his latest series about norse mythology
>main female lead is a muslim who constantly wears a hijab and reminds people she's a muslim
>second book introduces a "genderfluid" characters who changes xir pronouns every other chapter
>constant reminders of how white people are evil and destroy everyone's culture
>unironic use of "mansplaining"

I loved these books as a kid but for fucks sake, I want to read about monsters and Viking battles in the modern day, not be reminded to check my white privilege page after page.
Why do the landwhale sjws have to ruin everything?

This was the series that defined 6th grade for me. Victorian demigods named after days of the week, archtiects of reality and primordal aku fucking things up all wrapped in the covers of seven books. The way reality is fucked would make it a really fun to watch.

Speaking of, am I the only one who thinks comfy YA fiction threads should be allowed on Sup Forums? /lit/ is too pretentious to allow them, plus thematically speaking they're much more like comics or cartoons than works of literature.

They should be /lit/ or just /trash/, they aren't Sup Forums related at all and they aren't a big enough niche for their own board. Now podcasts/audio dramas on the other hand deserve a place to be discussed

I need to finish that series. On a related note, when the fuck are we getting a Sabriel movie?

Have you ever been to /lit/? Trying to get any kind of genre fiction discussion out of those guys, be it YA or adult fiction, is like getting a Bleach discussion on Sup Forums.

Why would he?

I'm not a pretentious dickbag so no.

Right? Sorry you fucked up the contract of having a say in your product brought to film, but you're the curator of your own creation.

I mean, he probably realizes that some of the blame lands on him, but it's understandable that he's salty about his shit being fucked up all the same.

Dude, the first book was written so his kid wouldn't feel as bad about having ADHD/Dyslexia, what did you think you were signing up for?

It's one thing to be sympathetic towards people with mental disabilities, it's another to introduce a pagan muslim and a genderqueer guy with dyed hair who has to keep reminding everyone of their gender every chapter.
You can be "progressive" and sympathetic to minorities without completely selling out to the Tumblr whales

only one question why a whale is a zeppelin looks cool BUTT in that world submarin creatures fly ?

> including characters that don't appeal to you specifically means selling out to the Tumblr whales

Alternatively: He also wanted to include characters with different cultural backgrounds.

patrician taste I see.

>mfw Rowling hates comic, cartoons and vidya despite her franchise working their absolute best in these mediums
>mfw She greenlit a play instead that was literally written like fanfiction
At least Fantastic Beasts was good.

It's basically a giant air balloon, makes its own hydrogen.

Would help it appeal to children.

This would make such a great graphic novel series, I'd take that over a movie any day.

They've spliced them with jellyfish and bacteria that produce hydrogen. My favorite is the flechette bats they spliced with iron oxide bacteria so they shit out pellets to tear holes in enemy blimps

Read these freshman year. Was fucking dope as hell. I'd be down for that.

You know, it is a good idea to do the animated adaptation of the book of Arthur and the New Kid.

in order to see the animated version of Norbert (who prefers to be called Bert)
youtube.com/watch?v=ngAnWpTAhck

I loved these books back in the 5th grade. Pretty good stuff. The monkey guy was my favorite

These books were great, but I worry they wouldnt fuck up Hesters face like it is in the books, but otherwise you got all the good shit you need for a entertaining adventure

shoot outs, sword fights, piracy

I just googled this and holy fuck this series sounds awesome. Definitely gonna start reading it.

>mfw Magnus Chase was not only not gay but fell in love with Tumblr incarnate

I'd rather have a live action show once HBO is done wringing every last drop out of Game of Thrones in twenty years, but if I can't get that I'll settle for a cartoon.

Motherfucking THIS
I can't picture a live action adaptation being good
But an episodic Jackie Chan Adventures/Teen Titans style animated show would be just perfect.

It would be so cool to see all the weird animals

It angered me as a kid that movie Annabeth was brunette despite the books making a huge point that she's blonde.

That's literally the only thing I can remember about this series.

The Heaven's Gate Trilogy
>old west setting
>heaven vs hell vs earth
>badass gun slinging
>waifus
>kinda fetishy in some parts

How should someone include a minority character that isn't pandering?

Not being gay was a bit of a bait amd switch but the tumblr incarnate was awful.

There's a place that has all the books to read for free online, which should help you catch up quickly. Just be forewarned that Dresden is an arrogant douche who has a tendency to leave everything a burning wreck when he's done.

I wanted that creepy cat girl dammit.