Why can Marvel produce titles nobody wants to buy, but not Force Works or West Coast Avengers?

Why can Marvel produce titles nobody wants to buy, but not Force Works or West Coast Avengers?

>titles nobody wants to buy

Where is this comic book that sold 0 issues? You are lying to me, user. I know it

The Uncanny Avengers are the new West Coast Avengers, IMO.

>When you don't know about the secret Marvel landfill in New Mexico where they buried entire print runs of Champions, America, Wasp, and Riri Iron Man.

They at least made one reprint of Force Works.

Also the name was reused for one Initiative team.

Nobody wants force works. West coast place is just uncanny now.

Usavengers should be axed.

WHAT THE FUCK IS EVERYONE WEARING

WHY IS THIS SO BAD

AHHHHH

west coast avengers vs/and justice league europe/international crossover when?

It was the 90s.

>When you're living in the worst ever era for Marvel writing and art, but people are still complaining about the 1990s.

Is it because no-one's buying modern Marvel anymore, so they don't know yet?

>WHY IS THIS SO BAD
spotted the casual

One man: Tom Brevoort.

Brevoort fucking HATES HATES HATES West Coast Avengers. HATES HATES HATES the team and the concept. And has point blank stated, so long as he has any power at Marvel, the West Coast Avengers will never come back in any shape or form.

And the only reason we've gotten Force Works/WCA collected in TPB/HC is the fact that Marvel DESPERATELY needed Avengers related material with Iron Man front and center in TPB to push to casuals. Both Hawkeye and Iron Man were heavily featured in WCA and Force Works, hence why they got collected.

>Force Works
That was Team Carol during CW2, user.

Force Works failed for a couple of reasons:

1. God awful new costumes

2. No Hawkeye or Vision on the team

3. Not using Force as the tech guy (they created some new guy instead)

4. Not using existing WCA bad guys (Demonicus, Night Shift, Gravitron)

>1. God awful new costumes

The only one that was introduced there was US Agent, in an attempt to let him step out of Captain America's shadow. Iron Man and Wonderman costumes came from their solo books. Wanda's costume made it's debut the previous year, early issues of Force Works just made it more sideboob-exposing.

>2. No Hawkeye or Vision on the team

Vision was in the main Avengers book, as he had been for years. Even if they wanted him, they probably couldn't get him for the team.

Not using Hawkeye does seem like a big mistake, though.

>3. Not using Force as the tech guy (they created some new guy instead)

Is there any reason to have used him beyond making jokes about his name and the team's name?

>4. Not using existing WCA bad guys (Demonicus, Night Shift, Gravitron)

Not sure those are villains who actually sell comics, user.

It's because the current idea is to blame straight white male fanboys who hate change for their titles failing.

Didn't DnA write this book?

Force was established as one of Stark's back-up Iron Mans after he gave up villainy and him being part of the team would make sense in terms of using existing characters and not just creating a new character from scratch.

I hate how Marvel allow people's hate for a character/team ruin them for everyone.

At least Dan Didio allowed Nightwing to live after Infinite Crisis and Forever Evil, let him be Batman for 2 years, and gave back his blue color scheme.

>Force Works
It was shit DnA book that had crossover with Crossing

Yes. And they were frequently featured in the Iron Man animated series in the 90s.

I really liked Century. Wish I could see him again.

Wait the guy in OP is US Agent?

Dear god

Iron Man 4 movie should be about Force Works/WCA

Champs, America, and iron maiden get posted here all the damned time. Someone must want them

Unironically Wanda's best look and best personality.

Fight me.

>someone makes a simple statement of abysmal sales
>make autistic reaction assuming the OP made a factual statement regarding LITERALLY ZERO sales

this is as petty as one of those shitty "(((real news)))" "debunking" websites

What's that? You want the return of Force Works, featuring fan favorite RIRI WILLIAMS leading a team of quirky yet badass misfits against those who would plant themselves on the wrong side of history? YOU'VE DEMANDED IT, YOU'VE GOT IT!

(OP)
What's that? You want the return of Force Works, featuring fan favorite RIRI WILLIAMS leading a team of quirky yet badass misfits against those who would plant themselves on the wrong side of history? YOU'VE DEMANDED IT, YOU'VE GOT IT!

Riri Williams
Anya Corazon
Rikki Barnes
Demona Hellstrom
a new girl with Wonder Man's ionic energy powers

Abnet's writing of her is the best thing about Force Works.

Force Works style Tony vs Wanda conflict could work great in a Phase 4 MCU movie.

I bloody loved that costume. For once US Agent looked like his own man, rather than a colorblind Captain America cosplayer.

I puked.

That actually... not that bad. I would read it.

>a new girl with Wonder Man's ionic energy powers

Is that cosmic chick from A-Force still around? Might as well throw her in.

Who is the chick in red and the guy draped in the flag?

I'm partial to the Judge Dredd clone look.

Scarlet Witch
USAgent

That would be great desu.

>Scarlet Witch
>USAgent

They look nothing like them.

Sause of book?

I actually like Rikki Barnes, but she was killed off years ago in Onslaught Uneashed.

Scarlet Witch and U.S. Agent.

Eh it was a psychic copy.

Jolt just got back from Counter-Earth, the original could probably follow her

Doofusanon here. What's wrong with the West coast avengers?

just bring her back when Kobik fixes everything

Nothing. The Wackos are the best

Maximum Security. He also wore it one of his own minis.

>They look nothing like them.
That's good, because their "iconic" costumes look like shit.

I'm pretty sure Didio's "hate" for Nightwing is a meme.

Why are people at Marvel so hateful about their universe?

>That's good, because their "iconic" costumes look like shit.

Fuck off you fucking moviefag

We'll never know, since the number of "sales" they release is what is going to the retailer, not what is bought by consumers. Especially since Marvel's also overshipping a lot of stuff.

Wanda has only had one good costume and the stories she was in while wearing it were shit.

Johnny needs his own costume, not a hand-me-down from Steve's "The Captain" days.

That's not even her best Force Works costume, user.

Cocktail dress > Tights

Convince us, user.

What about Wally?

pirating them to post here to trigger /co isn't the same as actually buying em

It's what happens when you employ fans.

Is Brevoort the worst fan to become employed by Marvel since John Byrne?

Byrne's crazy was at least isolated to whatever he was working on, he wasn't in a position to influence or approve other titles.

There should be just 2 Avenger Teams

>East Coast & West Coast

That's it.

Looks like she raided Elektra's closet.

>a new girl with Wonder Man's ionic energy powers

... a woman of wonder perhaps?

inb4 Marvel pulls another Captain Marvel/Shazam.

And a lot of the books that retailers buy are just for the variant covers so they can basically chuck the rest in the $1 bin and not give a shit.

I mostly agree. "Judge" Agent is better branding and visual design than "Cap rip-off, but we're half-assing whatever meaningful subtext he might have as a Cap rip-off"

Looks a little too much like Jean Grey.

I actually prefer John's regular costume.

That's mostly because of the hair and the cowl. Give her back the tiara, and there would be no question of who she is.

>I'm partial to the Judge Dredd clone look.

You're not alone, user.
I've liked him ever since he debuted as Superpatriot. I like the Judge Dredd outfit because it's a nice spin on The Captain outfit; it's out of Steve's shadow and aligns better with Johnny's personality.

That was such a good game.
I really wish we could have more of the X-Men Legends/ MUA type games.

>Why can Marvel produce titles nobody wants to buy, but not Force Works
>implying anyone wants that

The 90's were dark times. Just ask Gimplash.

The problem is that you're pulling him out of Steve's shadow and putting him into Dredd's. If you want to pull in a different concept then slapping him in a knockoff Judge costume designed to beat a jimping charge isn't the best way to do it. I think he's served by a more subtle and less "heroic" looking costume while the image presented by the helmet can be replicated by simply obscuring his eyes.

Problem with Brevoort is that he sold his soul to Bendis, when he had a string of high profile flops in the early 00s (most notably Chuck Austen writing Avengers and Hawkeye's ill fated early 00s solo book) and Quesada basically was going to use those flops to fire him, since he never really liked Brevoort (because Brevoort represented "old school" Marvel).

Bendis basically got to rape the Avengrs franchise and Brevoort (who rigged sales via crossovers and variant covers) basically got credit for it, which made him stop giving a shit and let the bastards run the asylum so that he could never be put into a position where he could be fired, ever again,

Austen was only on Avengers for less than a year, if anything he was just a fill-in before Bendis took over.

The Force Works costume was the only time US Agent really had a look that was all his own. "Make him look more like Judge Dredd" isn't a good solution to get him out of Cap's shadow.

Brevoort is basically Bendis's bitch. He allows the idiots to run the asylum.

Bendis is able to wreck continuity because Brevoort allows it.

I always thought Marvel should outright steal Youngblood's Home Team and Away Team gimmick

Home Team operates from Stark Tower/Avengers Mansion/Triskelion whatever and handles all the domestic Avengers problems

The Away Team can operate from a Helicarrier/spaceship and they handle foreign and space stuff.