This was pretty good

It sure was, hoping the second season doesn't take as long to get out

It was, I'm a little surprised they killed the Bishop off so early. I thought after the demons told him they loved him they were going to let him live to see what his actions had caused, instead they just ate him.

It was nice setup. As a sotn fag i want more Alucard. Not spoiling he's in the intro. Stupid sexy vampire....

do we know that for sure?

I think the blood and the squishing sound of his head being eaten speaks for itself.

Good setting and animation/style, meh/tips fedora writing

The first episode was unbelievably stupid. Does it get any better?

Yeah, the writing was super weak, but it did have a fair bit of fan service. As far as video game adaptations go I score it with the first Silent Hill film: fan service and style save it from utter mediocrity.

Vlad and Lisa's scenes are soooo cringey and weird. It gets better soon as all that shit's done and Trevor comes in.

>Woman in 1400
>"I want to be a Scientist cause I know about Science"
>Smash cut to her being burned alive
top kek

>Learns about wife's death from random old woman's exposition
>Skypes her murderers
>Inexplicably promises to kill them in a year's time instead of like, now, maybe

>Inexplicably promises to kill them in a year's time instead of like, now, maybe

He needed time to build the demon army and have a domestic dispute with his son. Speaking of which, where the hell was Alucard when mom was getting roasted?

>where the hell was Alucard when mom was getting roasted?
Watching from the shadows. Lisa was shouting to him not to harm the villagers.

This is what happened. And in a few hundred years some random Succubus is going to taunt him about it.

yup, she was screaming at alucard in the stake.
>And in a few hundred years some random Succubus is going to taunt him about it.
Oh, i remember that part.

It was pretty well done for 4 episodes. I likes the animation, most of the voice acting was great...but some of it felt like they were really trying to earn that M rating. Overall, I though it was really solid. I'd love the second season to have better pacing, though. Even with just 4 episodes, eps 3&4 felt so slow in terms of pacing.

It was all a prequel to Symphony of the Night wasn't it?

I enjoyed it as a casual show.
I usually don't like anime either

Needs game music.

Vampire Killer and Sinking Sanctuary.

No, Symphony was the sequel.
The problem is the game with Trevor didn't have the memory capacity for extensive dialogue required for a complex plot. So this series replaces "Sypha joined the party!" and "Congraturation a winner is you."

it was pretty good.

Saw it yesterday with a friend. It was way better than we expected. Expected it to be more cringe and chessy but was just enough to keep being entertaining. Dracula was sympathetic, his wife was likable, as was Trevor, Sypha and Alucard. They were all decent characters.
I was afraid it were going for "religion is bad, mkay. You shouldn't do religion, mkay" but it didn't. At least to me it felt like it pointed out hypocrisy in

fucked up the post.
At least to me it felt like it pointed out hypocrisy in people who use religion as an excuse to further their political goals.

Can't wait to see what they'll do for Grant's character. Last I heard, Ellis was having trouble figuring him out, but then again, the extent of his knowledge of the guy was "Why the fuck is a pirate in a landlocked country?" so eh... I'm kinda worried.

>anime

He has Shankar with him, so he'll likely have a better understanding of the character now. Say will you will about Adi Shankar, but he seems like a genuine Castlevania fan, so I wouldn't be too worried about Grant.

I mean they could just make him a generic thief/bandit class type from DnD. Or if they want to spice it up they could make him a vague arabic hashashin. I'd be fine with either

I liked it but its kind of dumb that it ended where it did

One of the most accurate vidya adaptations I've ever seen. Very impressive.

>The church is portrayed as irredeemably evil while in the games they were the Big Goods of the entire series.

No they weren't. They've either been indifferent, grossly ineffective, or lethally stupid.

But there was a nice priest who helped make a bunch of holy water. It was pretty much just that one dude and his flunkies that were evil

No. They point out hypocrisy in people who use religion to excuse their shitty behavior.

Loved the Ellis MK so I was pretty stoked when I saw his name.
Anyways, thought it was pretty good. Trevor stinks of sasuke, but I'm hoping that'll change. Any word on when the next season is coming out?

Can someone explain what this is and whether it's worth watching or not?

Are you familiar with the long runing Castlevania video game series?

Too much edgy "mature" humor

LOL FUCKING GOATS AMIRITE?

They fucked up Trevor's design and made him look like a middle aged man instead of someone barely out his teens like he actually was

They changed Sypha from an agent of the church into a pseud gypsy Jew

They bloated the church's role so the writer could tip his fedora when the most they ever do in the games is send out agents to quell monster incidents

And of course, can't forget the good old QUALITY animation. It was shit

Sypha is cute.

And Dance of the Holy Man.

You sound angry at more than just the cartoon, user.

Yes, yes she is

But can Trevor mellow out over eight episodes to be someone she can fall in love with?

We already know they will end up. I just want to know how they will handle it

Each episode is better than the previous one.

I thought he'd end up switching allegiances and become a mid-level boss, set against Dracula and Trevor for the sake of Hell and his own control over the country.

there's a Castlevania show?

4 episodes on netflix. It was better than people thought it'd be.

>Too much edgy "mature" humor
>LOL FUCKING GOATS AMIRITE?

I really wish Ellis would get over this. Pretty much all British Invasion guys have this problem and Morrison and Moore are the only two that grew up.

The dialogue was setting that up as a possibility for a moment, before it went the other way.

I would of liked that as a possibility, if just to see some more pissed of Dracula.

He wanted to kill them all then and their but thats not what his wife would've wanted ("do not blame them! Forgive them" as she's burning at the stake)
So he at least gave them a chance.

The Alucard fight and Pazuzu scene fucking made it a 10/10.

I'm hoping it's a set-up for Shaft, the dark priest. He never had a backstory in the games,
did he?

They were relatively "common" in monasteries and convents. I can recall Hildegard of Bingen from my History of culture in the middle ages clases.

user it was shit. It wasn't anime autism shit, it instead was Generation Z 2010-2020 garbage.

The kind of garbage Legend of Korra, The Dark Knight, Tron Legacy, Young Justice, Devil May Cry 5, Mass Effect 3 keep suffering from in this generation of .

I'd explain more coherently what was wrong with the characterization and writing just like in Legend of Korra, but I'm too lazy and illiterate at this hour to do it.

I really hate the way people are treating this like it may as well have come from Toei or Production IG. It isn't anime any more than PSG is an American cartoon.

I would appreciate you explaining further I don't quite understand what you mean.

They have the same semblance.

>Woman acussed of courting the Devil: literally Dracula's wife
>Her knowledge came from the Devil: Dracula taught her all about natural science.
The Church did nothing wrong. In a world where fucking vampires exist, Witch-hunt is the equivalent to Home Pest Control.

Shaft is too loyal to Dracula to be the Bishop. Galamoth would make more sense since his backstory is also unknown except for being Dracula's Starscream. It'd be a nice twist of irony too that a christian priest gets turned into a demon that resembles something from Egyptian mythology.

Ima be made if they go the whole, "we're in love because prophecy."

Trevor is a dick, hopefully the show slows down a bit sometime in the next 8 episodes.

Grant in the show when?