Did that new Captain Britain even do anything?

Did that new Captain Britain even do anything?

Do people even like Captain Britain in general?

It was an alternate reality/what if you fucking casual

go back to Sup Forums

Faiza is not the "new" Captain Britain. This did not occur in regular continuity. Brian was and still is Captain Britain.

Oh my bad then. I remember I read a Secret Wars tie-in and she showed up and I just thought "ok this is a thing now"

Haven't heard from her since her debut.

You'd really expect a character like her to blow up.

Isn't she supposed to be related to that black knight dude?

>Captain Britain
>Burqa

That version of her was from the Age of Ultron Timeline.

They got together and he was teaching her to use a sword, but then Frank Tieri got his hooks in Black Knight.

She was his squire

I see what you did there.

Look, can we all just pretend Tieri's Black Knight didn't happen? Please?

She still mastered the sword Excalibur and is the new Excalibur.

If only

embarrassing pandering.

That is actually kinda her power. Taking things apart like the exploded view in a design program. Think Trafalgar Law.

Used to be Faiza only came up when discussing how cute she and how good MI13 was.

Times have changed.

kek

Denial is the first step user.

The woman with the scarred face who had 2 kids was a better captain britain

I wish her actual power (and costume) would see more use.

I like Kelsey, but she was a terrible Captain Britain. But yes, she is a better Captain Britain than Faiza due to actually being Captain Britain, which Faiza is not.

Seeing her in that crusader outfit is just too funny.
But yeah, it's cool and a shame we don't seem to hear from her much these days.
She's set up to get real important, but naw, we need an uggo Squirrel Girl book.

Nobody likes mudslimes, Reddit.

Her and Captain Britain are appearing in USAvengers right now.

The only reason this thread got made was because of Jodie Whittiker being cast as The Doctor,

Which is like saying Pepsi is a better coke than coffee is.
But say, has she ever disassembled Avengers?

Nobody cares Sup Forumstv/

Really? Damn, must have missed last issue. Work is hell right now.

Doctor what?

>cute Muslim superhero fangirl suddenly becomes a superhero herself
Fuck you, Kamala

And reassembled them!

It's just as well they gave her Excalibur. If she's swinging a sword around I don't have to see her do this horrifying shit.

It's Who, not What.

Why?

So you didn't watch the last season, I take it.

If not now, when?

It is now, but it wasn't when MI-13 was still going. That book was criminally underrated and it's sad that it only gets brought up these days to shit on that Doom and Dracula page or on Faiza.

Good to know, I might check it out.

Naw, she's instant body horror. I like it.

Look, I don't mind Marvel's diversity push, I really dont. You can't keep having every character be the pasty white selection from the 1960s.

But Arthurian legend is intrinsically tied to Christianity. The problem with making Captain Britain muslim isn't a problem with her being muslim as much as it being a problem with putting one religion's holy items in the hands of another religion. It'd be like teleporting the Ka'aba Black Stone to Salt Lake City - the problem isn't about Mormons, its that you're mixing religions and ending up offending both sides. Or, would you retcon Mohammed himself
into being, say, an eskimo grandmother? No, and you wouldn't not do that because you have something against the Inuit people or muslims, you wouldn't do that because it *doesn't make any sense*, its a muddled mess.

Bottom line, a muslim holder of excalibur wasn't about "diversity*, it was about being anti-western and anti-christian. I'm a liberal myself but I draw the line as self-hating, the best thing to ever happen to this planet was the western renaissance, we're living in a Golden Age and the very people who benefit from those advances bitch and moan about how bad the creators of those benefits are. Half the people reading this *wouldnt be alive right now* if not for the science and medicine western culture created, you'd died in childbirth, or from a host of diseases we've all but eliminated, or from starvation. But its hip and cool to bash western civilization - they're the only culture that allows that, have fun going to Saudi Arabia and critiquing the Koran, see how that works out for you when the religion police (honestly) pick you up and take you away for a quick beheading.

I like Brian, not the PC Replacement.

>inb4 bigot

Yeah, I am. I do not like Muslims. Others as well, but mostly Muslims. I have no problems with the Arabs, the Sikhs, whatever. I don't like Muslims. I don't hate them, I won't kill them, but I won't read about them.

>That book was criminally underrated and it's sad that it only gets brought up these days to shit on that Doom and Dracula page or on Faiza.

Good book, but stupid pages deserve to be mocked. Doom has Latveria looking like a medieval village and is an ultra-nationalist. This notion that he shouldn't be xenophobic or allow Mosques to be built inside the country is a liberal dream.

>inb4 gypsy

So? Just because you're not racist towards one group doesn't mean you can't be racist against another. Even Hitler liked some Jews (his childhood doctor).

You're putting too much thought into a capeshit comic that shares a universe with dancing talking trees and racoons dude.

Go read some real King Arthur stuff.

>Did that new Captain Britain even do anything?
It was a What If, and she was decent enough in Secret Wars.
>Do people even like Captain Britain in general?
Fuck you, Brian is great. And so's Faiza, actually.

She's not Captain Britain!

It sucks that she only ever shows up in street clothes and not her actual costume.

Nobody take the bait.

It amazes me how people who didn't even know what a Captain Britain was got upset over an alternative reality thing.

>inb4 bigot
More like
>inb4 fucking casual
or
>inb4 read the thread
because then maybe you'd know Faiza didn't replace Brian because it was an alternate universe.

Arthurian legends is rooted in paganism.

It's particularly grating here, since a one-panel cameo in the first or second issue had her in full costume.

I'm being baited but you should actually kill yourself

>new
I realize your tumblr feed may have tried to tell you different, but Brian is still around.

Yeah, she's Excalibur, big fucking difference...
God forbid somebody has actual opinions, huh? If you love Muslims so much, go live in Saudi Arabia. I don't wish ill upon them, but I won't buy books about them, simple as that.
She's Excalibur in the 616, same damn thing. All Brian gets to do is be ridiculed off-panel by Bendis.

And still sporting the dumb beard and one eye.
And probably still the last Captain Britain.
Thanks, Hickman.

Show me when a non-western religion gets stepped on like giving excalibur to a muslim and I'll agree with you. You'll never see a Marvel writer dare to do anything that might upset a muslim reader and you know it.

And thats exactly why I don't care for this, I have read real King Arthur stuff. Its western mythology, diversify modern characters all they wish but stepping on old legends is insulting to the culture. Its just ok in this case because westerners are fine with poking at their own culture. A small number of catholic pedofiles is unacceptable (and rightly so), but that women cannot go outside without a male chapperone is perfectly fine for third-world countries. The soft racism/culturalism of diminished expectations for third world countries. Regressive liberals are actually more racist and more sexist this way, they're brazen about it.

Most Muslims are evil desu.

Gtg fr bubba.

Dont take the bait.

>Doesn't know the difference between Wielding Excalibur and being Captain Britain

One is being a protector of the multiverse, the other is proof that you're the rightful King of England

It's capeshit from the same company that makes Norse Gods hang out with the Hulk.

Go read some real King Arthur.

I thought Christians had thick skin for this sort of thing.

This reminds me, I wonder if the Spirits of Vengeance team will remember that Blade is with Spitfire or just not research anything and have him fuck Satanna or whatever.

She hooked up with a white dude and got herself porked with some infidel meat.

Different sword.

Projecting your own views on to everyone is the first sign of being totally suffering from abnormal behavior and looking for a way to make it seem natural or perfectly acceptable. Try harder Sup Forums

Don't bother user, it's not worth it.
This really is Sup Forumsmblr... I haven't said anything besides "I don't want to read about Muslims" and it's a bait. Jesus...
>NO, the Muslim woman ain't Britain's Premier Super-Hero and Protector of the Omniverse
>She's Britain's Rightful Heir

I really hope you're not actually British user...

What's next? Muslim black female Iron Man? Cause no science character can ever be Christian or a Deist cause that's stupid, but Muslims are like, the most scientific people on Earth!

Arthurian legend is a mix of paganism and christian mythology.

You say that as if it was a rebuttal to my post but there is simply no way you are unaware of how much christianity is in those tales. The Holy Grail isn't exactly a druid artifact is it?

No body prays to Excalibur tho? Nigga what? Arthurian legends are not a religion

Nobody take the bait.

>casuals will probably continue to pass this cropped bullshit around for years
>none of them will ever act upset that their precious MCU icon Loki committed terrorist acts against the realm
>"Otherworld? Avalon? Huh?"
Yeah I guess it didn't matter in the end but I'm still sorta pissed by it.

Still not a religion tho. Nobody prays to Excalibur. Now lie back and think of England while the dirty sjw menace rapes your hobbies

>This really is Sup Forumsmblr

You spam this in every fucking thread that doesn't want to take your Sup Forums bait. Fuck off.

I honestly do not understand how you could be this obtuse. Arthurian legend is steeped in christianity. "nobody prays to excalibur" isn't a counter-argument because its not the point.

Everyone go back to assuming anyone that disagrees with your limited worldview must be trolling. I don't blame you, this is Sup Forums after all.

>Imagine being such a brainlet that you literally one and only one person in this mongolian bicycle wheel making forum is responsible for all Sup Forumsmblr comments

WEW LADS

Is Faiza even a practicing Muslim?

>dresses like a crusader
>dates white American guys who also dress like crusaders

Storm the walls of my holy city, Dane!

>This really is Sup Forumsmblr
What tipped you off? Was it the word 'tumblr' in the OP?

Faiza deserves to get shit on. She's a fucking doctor and says "wall-thing"? How old is she supposed to be?

"OMG Um, like, sorry I broke your wall-thing and stuff, or like, what-ever?"

This has to stop.

If she's wearing a hajib when she's not being forced to, it implies some sort of religious practice.

On the other hand, I can't think of a single Muslim female character in Marvel who hasn't hooked up with, or at least lusted after, a white guy.

Even that support character from Mighty Avengers was implied to have a crush on the white dude who looks like Fabio.

She is, yeah.

People like to pretend Islam is the only religion without practitioners who are technically bad at following the religion because they have a looser, modern approach to it.

>If she's wearing a hajib when she's not being forced to, it implies some sort of religious practice.

Granted. But it feels like it's mostly used in comics as a visual shorthand.

She pulled it out of the stone.

In Marvel, Excalibur and the Sword in the Stone are one in the same.

Otherworld is the collective subconscious of the British people. Most people conflate the two swords, so that's how they appear.

God I loved that book.
Pushed so hard against the "everyone's an asshole" vibe of Hickman stuff.

No it's not. It's based on Romano-British and Welsh folklore both of whom were Christian at the time it was believed to have been originally penned, and the later chroniclers and authors who created pretty much everything about Arthur aside from 'there was a warlord named maybe Arthur or Artur or something like that' were definitely Christian.

Why is it a shock to you that people dislike a religion of terrorists?

>Excalibur and the Sword in the Stone are one in the same

Man, I hate it when people do that.

It's becoming increasingly common to be used as just a fashion accessory.

It's a well deserved nickname, Sup Forumsmblr. This is probably the most cucked board on Sup Forums.

I think you're confusing the hajib with the Keffiyah, which SJWs and hipsters wear because it's outright terrorist fashion.

Thought I honestly wouldn't be surprised if wearing the hajib becomes the next SJW fashion trend. Those people are immune to irony.

>Tfw I ship her with Ms. Marvel

Truly the crackest and most haram of ships. U mad sharias?

>it wuz an alternate reality dood

You have autism. People don't need to know who captain britain is to feel that a symbol of westerners is being appropriated by leftist comic book writers and muslims.

Because nobody wants to entertain your shitty Sup Forums bait? Let me guess your favorite boards are Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and of course Sup Forums?

Nobody take the bait.

>People don't need to know who captain britain is
It matters even less with Captain Britain if you know anything about the character

There have been hundred of alternate reality Captain Britains, it's literally their schtick

I miss Captain Airstrip One.

That's the sword in the stone genius.

She pulled it out of the stone

Also

And that alternate Faiza was never even part of the corps, Brian just gave her the title because he was going on a suicide mission.

Is every member but 616 Brian still dead?

No, it's because nobody wants to listen to your tumblr Marxist drivel.

Spider-UK is still alive

Even Pete Wisdom was retconned into being one of the alternate reality Captain Britains. That particular Captain Britain's appearance pre-dates Wisdom's first appearance by years, too.

Pretty sure they are, yeah.

>Buzzwords

Kid I know Sup Forums makes you feel have sense of belonging but that shit will rot your brain.