The Weiss Character Short For RWBY Volume 5 Is Out

youtube.com/watch?v=bZAS_rzgCE0

Discuss. Winter looks off in Maya, but at least Weiss is stabbing things with her rapier now. Already an improvement on that front/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gu0-3cyCZp4
youtube.com/watch?v=VHSPP-CzNl0
youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4
youtube.com/watch?v=bQp3_zQ03YM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aw yiss

Winter looks weird. The environment looks weird. The fighting was better than average, but still kind of lackluster. Weiss looks great. How she can look amazing in her 1-3 outfit, and then go right back to looking like an alien person astounds me

There still seems to be a noticeable lack of weight, though it's still better than that of the Ruby character short and most of the V4 fights

Honestly, if they made the noses more visible it's be better because their faces would have depth.

I know it's an odd thing to get excited about, but I loved how Weiss' underskirt looked. It actually look fluffy, and didn't have that weird diaper look like her Volume 4 outfit did. I hope they stick to that change

Why did they unlist the video???

I mean, I think that's how a petticoat is actually supposed to look. Fluffy and not diapery, I mean. So, I don't see why they wouldn't stick with it? But then again, I'm not sure how much they are updating the models for Volume 5.

The previous tweets had been released 24 hours from each other. Maybe they were going to release the trailer a day after the last one (so in a bit under 7 hours from now) and they had just uploaded it in advance.

>a dozen types of dust
>glyphs that do anything
>summons on top of that
Is weiss the biggest cheater in RWBY?

I hope Volume 5 incorporates Weiss struggling with leaving home. Not out of any homesickness or love for her remaining family, but because she's leaving her grandfather's legacy behind, and her whole thing was restoring his honor basically. She needs to realize she can't just be a huntress, and sooner than later, she's going to have re confront her father and brother.

Got drunk and misclicked something.
Or anything, really, that's RT.

I think they've improved a lot, the animation quality is getting more fluid and nice, and the combat has improved.

Just wait until she gets her own magical power up a la Silver Eyes and Maidens

>Joel got at the servers, again.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gu0-3cyCZp4

Rooster "Good Enough" Teeth

Same. Maya models still look weird as heck though.

Don't forget the trillion-dollar trust fund.

pls no

Not anymore, she's a poorfag that need to pull tricks to fund her dust addiction

I'm really dreading Weiss' character arc. She's almost certainly gonna end up with the SDC in the endgame but as it stands there's really no good reason that could ever come to pass

Jacques and/or Whitley get messed up when Salem and company target Atlas during the inevitable Return To Atlas Arc.

Volume 4 already kind of ruined her for me, so same. I honestly wish they'd just off her and Blake, and leave Ruby, Yang, Sun, and JNR as the young characters

>Colour War 2 breaks out
>Mantle reformed
>Papa Schnee and her brother whose name escape me join the colour nazi party
>eventually arrested as war criminals.
>Weiss takes over SDC operations

Or they could just off all the young characters because they're all shit and let the adults do stuff

If the order of the WoR tells us anything, Atlas will be our next stop. Vale/Beacon got 3 volumes, and was actually titled "Beacon". We're entering the second part of Haven. And then Volume 7 marks the start of Atlas

So the plot hands it to her then?

Weiss is still salvageable, but Blake has been a shitter from the beginning

I hope she goes full volume 1 on Blake when they meet again, shitty kitty deserves it

Most likely. Though it would be cool as fuck if at the end of the series Dust becomes worthless so the SDC dissolves.

So, what's the Sup Forumsnsensus on Winter in Maya? Is her chest actually smaller?

That fucking cel-shading. They need to tone it down

Why would they side with them at all? Why would people at the top of the world living in luxury want to support an ideology like that?

I mean, canonically, the Mistrali Elite were all for it because it gave them more power and control during the Great War...

never was a big fan of "invisible anime girl noses"

was smaller at some point in the past

They weren't all for it though, they went against it as much as they wanted, but had the poorfolk follow it because Mantle were their allies

Behold the power of a single black line, some shading under her nose, and subtracting some of the heavy face shading

Maybe she was always that size but since she barely ever showed up you let fanart warp your image of her

>Get large military contracts
>Promise of even more power
>Get rid of Ironwood

Who gives a shit about reforming Mantle? It didn't even go defunct because of the war, everyone just left because Atlas was better. It was a kingdom of suck

Jacques wouldn't have a hope in hell of commanding the military if Ironwood was gone. We've seen how viciously loyal his soldiers are to him

I really hope they improve the fight choreography. I thought most of the fights in vol. 4 were disappointing.

>Implying that if the color nazis came back it wouldn't be entirely Ironwood's doing

>We've seen how viciously loyal his soldiers are to him
>What are Tucker-bots?

Nice work user, now try and get hired by RT

RT only hires the finest Gamestop rejects and socially retarded man-children.

>We've seen how viciously loyal his soldiers are to him
We really haven't, at all

Who is Winter, an actual human being, and not some easily re-programmable robot

Weiss can be saved. They need to fix Blake

She was pretty busty in her official art, user. It's not like she's Yang where everyone thinks she has large breasts for no reason.

Hey, remember that episode where his entire army turned against him?
What is a coup?

So Sup Forums anons should fit right in

Yang's tit were huge in the Yellow trailer but got gradually toned down more and more every volume

One person, who never really displays an exceptional amount of loyalty

Except when she was totally willing to kill a man who insulted him. Just that time

>muh ebil biruses

Schnee's have terrible tempers.

You honestly think she was trying to kill him?

I can't even tell what you're trying to mock.

Your idiocy
>he thinks robots are the same as loyal soldiers

Winter is a single person where there are potentially tens of thousands of robits

>Git Gud
>Got clowned by Qrow

We've only seen a handful of actual soldiers. It's not a stretch top believe that at this point there could be more robot soldiers than human ones

Maybe she's running low on tissues

Well there are certainly less human soldiers now

Well yeah, Atlas believes in reducing human deaths at the hands of Grimm by using robots
They want the only humans in the army to be elite hunters, borderline super soldiers. But it seems they've been researching on replacing hunters too with Penny

Because she was never supposed to be big. Look at Monty's original design or her character art for Volume 1.

Exactly. Essentially they're going for numbers and standardization rather than a few specialized and elite fighters.

>Locking down Atlas
>"I am the senate"
>Miles and Kerry outright saying he's fucking up
Yeah, that wouldn't come as a surprise at this point

Who can blame him?

I'm imagining this sketch but with ironwood and Senate seats

youtube.com/watch?v=VHSPP-CzNl0

I never realized that Junior's bazooka has a pistol on it.

so....
Dose anyone know what the deal is with the Japanese re-cut of volume 1-3? Will it fix volume 1's awful pacing?

nah it's getting a japanese dub

I think they're adding a handful of short scenes to make transitions smoother

They are Japs, they will make it just another kind of awful.

It already had one, and I watched the fist two episodes. They cut it down a lot.

>RWBY japanese dub
>RT is too cheap to actually get real VA's
>Just get the current cast to do the dub themselves
>Don't pay for Japanese lessons so they just make fake Japanese

Warner did the nip dub and they hired well known nip voice actors

WEISS SCHNEE PLEASES OLD MEN FOR DUST.

First RWBY overtakes Red Vs. Blue as RT’s signature show

Then RWBY gains a fanbase so big there’s a fan made game, fan made animation and even a fan made visual novel/

Then RWBY gets a massive fanbase in Japan.

Then RWBY gets to be the first American made anime (Yeah, I know anima means “Japanese animation” but Monty called it an anime so suck it) to get a JAPANESE DUB.

Then RWBY gets a manga in Japan which gets a major release.

Then RWBY actually AIRS on Japanese Tv.

And now RWBY is not only in a crossover fighting game but the people making the game are so confident in the show they actually made it one of the focuses of the ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER (sharing the spotlight along with legends like Blazblue and Persona.)

This is clearly an anime and does not belong on Sup Forums!

>First RWBY overtakes Red Vs. Blue as RT’s signature show

Will we ever see the return of best girl Neo anons?

wait a minute...
I'm an old man!

RvB really dropped in quality in later seasons. It's a clusterfuck and not what the show started out as.

>RWBY fighting game
what?

Agreed, but RWBY started out as that low quality clusterfuck

Can you give her dust or funds for dust?

youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4

Just announced yesterday
youtube.com/watch?v=bQp3_zQ03YM

Fixing the pacing is impossible without cutting out JNPR entirely, which isn't happening without a full reboot.

rip monty

That'd be a laugh and a half to see. If RWBY got kicked from Sup Forums to Sup Forums the threads would drown in shitposting even more than usual

Avatar: The Last Airbender got a Japanese dub. As did Teen Titans.

Those were both also anime inspired

Like RWBY is. Which means it isn't the first.

todays episode in japan did cut like 5 episodes including 9-13 and part of 14, if anything japan see ruby weiss friendship as filler.